PDA

View Full Version : Let us send a message to Ron: www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com

ronpaulyourmom
02-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Join me in an attempt to draft Ron Paul into an Independent run for the White House. Yes, I read the email today just as everybody else did, and yes I respect Dr. Paul's decision, it is his life and his choice to make, of that there can be no doubt. But I still want to let him know how I feel, and I want him to understand my take on things. My gut and my brain tells me that the revolution that we have built on his platform (and on his back) is best continued in the quest for the White House, not his congressional seat in Texas. Perhaps he would change his mind if he saw how committed we were to making it happen. Perhaps not. Either way, trying to send a message to Dr. Paul hurts nobody and it might warm his heart to know that we still believe.

Pledge with me and spread the word...
www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com (http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com)

Jeremy
02-09-2008, 11:50 AM
If he leaves the party it means he won't be a congressman anymore..............

jrich4rpaul
02-09-2008, 11:51 AM
If he runs indy and loses, he will not be president NOR will he be part of congress. Do we really want him out of the process altogether?

mexicanpizza
02-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Goddammit you kids just don't quit.

ronpaulyourmom
02-09-2008, 11:52 AM
If he runs indy and loses, he will not be president NOR will he be part of congress. Do we really want him out of the process altogether?

The congressional seat is no more promised to happen than the presidency... Nothing in life is certain.

jrich4rpaul
02-09-2008, 11:54 AM
The congressional seat is no more promised to happen than the presidency... Nothing in life is certain.

He's been re-elected 10 times for his congressional seat. His district loves him. There's a much better chance of him staying there than there is him getting elected President. To give up his 90% chance of keeping his seat for an iffy presidential run would be incredibly risky. There will be NO voice of reason left in congress if that happened.

ronpaulyourmom
02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
He's been re-elected 10 times for his congressional seat. His district loves him. There's a much better chance of him staying there than there is him getting elected President. To give up his 90% chance of keeping his seat for an iffy presidential run would be incredibly risky. There will be NO voice of reason left in congress if that happened.

I don't know that it's 90% because I've read countless pieces on how people in his district are reconsidering based upon what they've now found out about him in the presidential race. Of course his odds are the best in his district more than anywhere else, and we might fight with him to retain the seat. I'll be donating to his congressional run and to other Ron Paul Republicans running for congress the next time I get paid.

I just cant help feeling that even if he wins, he'll be mostly ignored in the house though, as before...

RPTXState
02-09-2008, 12:18 PM

How so?

After March 4th, and he wins the primary for the seat, hes locked as the Republican candidate. He can't be removed from the ballot.

This is what happened to Tom Delay:

Texas law stipulates that after a candidate wins a primary, the party may not replace him unless he is ineligible for re-election. DeLay asserted, when he resigned, that he moved to Virginia, rendering him ineligible. The Texas Republican Party chairwoman subsequently declared that DeLay was ineligible for re-election, and set about choosing a replacement candidate. Texas Democrats, however, filed a lawsuit arguing that the Republican Party could not legally name another candidate for the 2006 election because DeLay was still eligible for election.