PDA

View Full Version : For those who think they're helping

last4ever
02-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I’ve purposely avoided posting here for a while because it really is counter productive. There’s simply too much anger in these forums. If you try and express ideas in a dogmatic fashion the only people you’re going to convince are yourselves. When I see people calling others trolls and ridiculing folks for saying they’re loosing hope makes me ashamed to call myself a Ron Paul supporter (and I know it happens outside the forums).

I was lucky enough to do some work with some great people in NH including Brock Lorber and Ernest Hancock, even one of the creator’s of this forum Josh, and when I read the insults about Ernest on here I felt sick.

You don’t represent peace by insulting people who disagree with you, or whom you disagree with!

We haven’t gotten more votes, largely because of the establishment but also partly because we’ve been attempting to force our ideas down the throats of everyone we know in an aggressive tone and it simply doesn’t work. How many times have we heard Ron say we can’t force our freedom principles on others around the world? Well the same goes true for philosophy; we can’t force our philosophy on others by being aggressive, it simply doesn’t work.

I really get a foul taste in my mouth when I hear people say they could run the campaign better then how it’s been going. Even if it’s true, what purpose does it serve to come on to a Forum which is attempting to promote Ron Paul and put his campaign down? There are plenty of channels where you can contact the campaign and give them your suggestions, people aren’t perfect and everyone makes mistakes, but to come on a forum like this and promote your ideas in such a condescending fashion that it turns off anyone who might be even remotely interested in what’s going on is simply an ineffective strategy.

We need to keep our eye on the prize people, and that prize honestly is not the presidency. I think many of the people on this forum call themselves supporters of Ron Paul, but they don’t really understand what it is they’re supporting. Sure you’ll say limited government civil liberties, sound money etc… all the stump speech material Ron uses, but that isn’t really what this movement is about. If you don’t understand the deep roots of what’s going on with this whole movement then you really should avoid criticizing others.