PDA

View Full Version : I just googled "microchip people"...UN-F***ING-BELIEVABLE

merrimac
02-09-2008, 10:37 AM
If you think that plans to microchip people is a conspiracy, I invite you to do a search on the most famous search-engine on the Internet and look at the first page of hits.

I have just begun to read the first page of hits and it's almost all positive towards the idea of micro-chipping people. One of these articles was dripping with praise but written by the Cato institute, which describes itself as "promoting public policy based on individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peaceful international relations." Those are their words.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3389

"Why bother with national ID cards? Some in America have sought such cards for years. The most recent type comes with magnetic strips and biometric identifiers. It's being peddled by the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) in concert with federal officials in the Department of Justice, Department of Transportation, the General Services Administration, and elsewhere. Yet these ID cards would be technologically obsolete before the system could be implemented. And think of the problems: physical cards can be counterfeited, damaged, misused, and more. Way too low-tech.

In their struggle to come up with a politically palatable national ID system, proponents of the ID card are being far too timid. So here's a modest proposal: Why not implant a microchip under everyone's skin?

If we mean to fully protect our security we should immediately seek federal legislation to establish standards for the implantation of microchips uniquely identifying each and every individual residing in this country, linked to central databases that could protect all Americans against terrorism. In fact, similar technology has been used in veterinary medicine for years to facilitate the return of lost dogs and cats to their owners.

The system could be voluntary at first, to allow time for Americans to get used to the idea. No doubt many Americans will quickly see the benefits of such an implant for themselves and their children. Think of it: a single microchip linked to a person's medical records as well as financial, tax, employment, Social Security, welfare, criminal and other records--along with appropriate biometric identifiers. It would be so much more convenient and less subject to abuse than physical cards. Even if terrorism does not strike us again, Americans could be sure that if they had a medical emergency in a distant city, authorized physicians could scan the microchip to access the patient's medical history and avoid administering an inappropriate--or potentially life-threatening--medicine.

Sound crazy? Well, it is. But as a thought experiment, it well illustrates how incremental incursions on liberty can lead to dramatic losses of privacy over time. Consider our experience with Social Security numbers.

People worried when the Social Security Act was passed in 1935 that the Social Security number (SSN) would become an all-purpose identifier--an understandable public response, at the time, to a rather dramatic institutional change. But government officials reassured the public that the SSN would not be used for any such purpose. Equally important, they showed restraint and only gradually expanded the federally mandated uses of the SSN--not mandating its use by other federal agencies until 1943. A step at a time, during the 1960s the SSN became the taxpayer identifier used by the IRS, the identifier for federal civilian and military personnel, the Medicare identifier, and more. In the 1970s Congress passed laws requiring the SSN's use for legally admitted aliens and anyone seeking federal benefits--and also gave the states free rein to use SSNs for identification purposes. A series of federal laws passed in the 1980s required the issuance of SSNs to ever-younger children if their parents wanted to claim them as dependents on federal tax forms--by age 5, age 2, age 1, now at any age. People got used to it.

Legislators so far have failed to establish a national ID card with any real public traction--despite extraordinary efforts by some proponents. In 1996 Congress did pass one law to establish what amounted to a national ID card. It was a provision called "State-Issued Drivers Licenses and Comparable Identification Documents," whose passage was achieved by placing it on page 716 of the 749-page Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act, tucked between a section entitled "Sense of Congress on Discriminatory Application of New Brunswick Provincial Sales Tax" and another entitled "Border Patrol Museum." But opponents discovered the measure, and it was repealed a few years later.

Now the AAMVA is proposing a similar system--this time initiated by state officials who are seeking federal financial, legislative, and rule-making support for their effort to turn American drivers' licenses into national ID cards.

Over half of the population now supports some form of national identification. If Americans accept a National ID system as they accepted SSNs, and if the intrusiveness of such a system expands as did government-mandated SSN usage, ten years from now the idea of a national microchip system may not seem as alien and repugnant as it does today. As with SSNs, people will get used to it."

IF THERE ARE ANY MCCAIN/HUCKABEE SUPPORTERS HERE OR OTHER PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT FIGHTING TERRORISM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE OF THE DAY, DID YOU JUST READ THAT? NOW BE A GOOD AMERICAN AND GET YOUR CHIP!!!!!

heath.whiteaker
02-09-2008, 10:47 AM
I will never accept a chip or a national ID.

QCB79
02-09-2008, 11:06 AM
How about an FBI bioscan?
http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/02/04/fbi.biometrics/index.html

CLARKSBURG, West Virginia (CNN) -- The FBI is gearing up to create a massive computer database of people's physical characteristics, all part of an effort the bureau says to better identify criminals and terrorists.

But it's an issue that raises major privacy concerns -- what one civil liberties expert says should concern all Americans.

The bureau is expected to announce in coming days the awarding of a $1 billion, 10-year contract to help create the database that will compile an array of biometric information -- from palm prints to eye scans.

Kimberly Del Greco, the FBI's Biometric Services section chief, said adding to the database is "important to protect the borders to keep the terrorists out, protect our citizens, our neighbors, our children so they can have good jobs, and have a safe country to live in."

But it's unnerving to privacy experts.

"It's the beginning of the surveillance society where you can be tracked anywhere, any time and all your movements, and eventually all your activities will be tracked and noted and correlated," said Barry Steinhardt, director of the American Civil Liberties Union's Technology and Liberty Project.

The FBI already has 55 million sets of fingerprints on file. In coming years, the bureau wants to compare palm prints, scars and tattoos, iris eye patterns, and facial shapes. The idea is to combine various pieces of biometric information to positively identify a potential suspect.

Edu
02-09-2008, 11:53 AM
No chip required if you have the proper status:

http://www.abrrp.us/

Dieseler
02-09-2008, 12:29 PM
That ID and Micro Chip has way to many connotations to warnings that my faith has given me all my life.
I always wondered when it would come.
And I knew I was living in the end times.
I know the persecution will begin soon.

Then it comes to be that the light At the end of your tunnel Was just a freight train comin your way ... Nothing soothing about it.
This will be a living Hell soon.

How many will be willing to become Martyrs for Christ?
There will be few I'm sure.
But you can count one right here.

Once this law passes I will lose everything I own through attrition.
Everything I have worked for my entire life.
And I will gladly give it all up for Christ,
For the Kingdom of Heaven is worth far more than all the pain I can endure in this life.
Sure, it doesn't sound so bad right now but we all know that if you give them an inch, they will take a mile. No banking, no driving, no job, no flying, no crossing state lines.
Next...No buying without the mark.
No food, no medicine, no anything...Submit or die.
Checkmate. We lose.
No...We win.
Bring it on Chertoff.
Make an example of me.
I will gladly be your Huckleberry.

Bruno
02-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Bump

Tugboat1988
02-09-2008, 01:03 PM
If they ask me to get a chip or national ID, my answer is simple -- get screwed
If they require me to get a chip or national ID, my answer it the same.

This is Tugboat and I approve of this message