PDA

View Full Version : why we fight

sickmint79
08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
anyone seen this? just started watching. i noted that mccain is in it, and even comes out as a decent guy... although later he's the same guy saying "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb iran" !!

Bradley in DC
08-10-2007, 08:34 AM
link?

constituent
08-10-2007, 08:51 AM
pretty good film... really though... worth watching on DVD.

came out about the same time as fog of war.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 09:00 AM
I'd like to see a new version of "why we fight" the US fascist government. But that's just my opinion. I haven't seen this film.

constituent
08-10-2007, 09:31 AM
yea.. hey joseph...

we can even film it live!

(I'm kidding)

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 09:37 AM
;) maybe a more generalized "freedom to fascism" docu(drama?)mentary.

R_Harris
08-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I'd like to see a new version of "why we fight" the US fascist government. But that's just my opinion. I haven't seen this film.

Go to Michael Nystrom's website, www.bullnotbull.com, and he has his favorite videos on the left hand site of the website. Click on "Why we fight," and it will take you to part I (there are four parts).

It is an EXCELLENT documentary. Pretty much spells out how the military-industrial complex has taken over American society.

I like the intro where Ike is giving his farewell address. It is almost prophetic, and it is especially interesting that a 5-star general says the MI complex could spell the end of the republic.

A must see!!

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, this is absolutely a great documentary and very balanced and factual, unlike some other ones I can think of...that have some flaws.

After I left the military and worked in the defense industry and later at the Pentagon, I got to see a lot of this stuff first hand as it happened.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/

EDIT: Regards to McCain, it just indicates that he doesn't have a handle on his principles, or, in other words, talks out of both sides of his ass.