PDA

View Full Version : just got back KS

jsteilKS
02-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Basically I was at the Midland Theater in west Shawnee,Kansas. There were roughly about 3-4k people attending and we started early. The speaker for Mike Hukabee went into a rant of accomplishments for himself and how Mike lost weight. The second speaker was for McCain and he was really nervous and his point was McCain is the only one that can beat the Democrats. JC had a wonderful speech about his ancestry selling land which now makes up washington DC, signing the declaration and ect. The speech was beautiful in a way that I started hearing people talk to eachother saying they were split between voting who they came for or voting for Paul after JC's speech. My whole row pretty much voted for Paul. The people behind me voted for Paul (the row behind me were all the conversation was going on). Paul had the biggest applause and had the most signage. Allot of the older generation was very happy to see young people come out for the GOP, but kept being told that we would leave if the GOP kept laughing at us, which shocked them and probably changed some of there minds when voting.

Jeremy
02-09-2008, 10:26 AM
sounds good

But it looked good in previous states as well.... we'll see what happens =)

jsteilKS
02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Im not saying we are going to win, I'm just saying it looked decent/good for us. I'm pretty sure we beat McCain in my precinct, but Huckabee was clearly the competition.

fabijo
02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
But it looked good in previous states as well.... we'll see what happens =)

same sentiments here.