PDA

View Full Version : On what issue did Mr. Ron Paul make you interested in?

a_moran3
02-09-2008, 10:15 AM
For me it definitely has to be monetary policy. I was completely unaware of that topic until Dr. Paul.

Thanks Congressman Ron Paul!

PatriotG
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
For me it definitely has to be monetary policy. I was completely unaware of that topic until Dr. Paul.

Thanks Congressman Ron Paul!

Abolishment Of The Fed!
The number one topic for me.

I agree with him on virtually all of the issues, but that is the seller.

me3
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Instinctively, I knew Dr. Paul's positions to be moral all of my life, but when I listened to him explain them, now I understood why, and my resolve and commitment became a lot stronger.

Dr. Paul has changed my adult life in a more profound way than any other person has. I love this man dearly.

grizzums
02-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Without a doubt, monetary policy.

SCREMF
02-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Brining our troops home, not only in Iraq but ending out empire.

tomaO2
02-09-2008, 11:18 AM
I had been studying monetary policy quite a bit beforehand. I came to believe that Austrian ecomomics is the only way to go. I found out about Ron Paul from the people that talked about the Austrian method.

I came to understand a different kind of conservatism then I had ever experienced in my life. There are so many ways he has challenged my preconceptions on goverment and I find that they are more to my liking then anything before. Things like.

-Trusting charities to pick up the slack and take the place of goverment in regards to helping the poor and hospital care.

-Realising that local goverment is better then Federal goverment. I am pro-choice but also against the drug war and I think prostitution should be legalized. The constitutionalist approach is the be best fit overall and one I never before considered.

-Free trade. I didn't really think of Nafta being managed trade before I heard Ron Paul but, yes, end it. No side deals just free trade for all.

-Don't spend tax payer money on humanitarion medals. I was for this but after listening to Ron Paul I am against.

-No subsidies and no restrictions to any buisness that wants to make a go of it. Let free markets reign.

-Just the Constitution. Seriously. I've never appreciated what a fantastic document it is and how far the USA has drifted from it.

-Other stuff too but the number one issue is... <drum roll>

dismantling the US military empire. All of it! The blowback statement he made to Gulliani was a total mind bender and it turned me from being pro-war to anti-war. the way it connects to the deficit as well suprised me. I knew that it was expensive but I now know that any talk about reducing spending is a lie unless you can deal with the military aspect as well.

I'm even willing to give him a pass on his no-foreign aid idea, even though I'm not sure I'm convinced that individuals can do what goverements can and I worry that allied countries (like Tiawan) could be attacked with no US help in sight.

I can't understand anyone that claims to hold the values of small goverment, limited spending and lower taxes and not have them support Ron Paul.

JDM
02-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I can't really say it was a certain policy that attracted me to Dr Paul, even though I agreed with most of what he said. For me it was his honesty and sincerety when he spoke. Not like the other politicians that we deal with. You could tell he trully cared and believed what he was saying.

justatrey
02-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Abolish the Fed, the IRS, and the income tax.

Then when I heard him talk about the real reasons we invaded Iraq and are going to invade Iran, I thought "holy ****, this guy actually tells the truth!"

Jeremy
02-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Freedom

Shinerxx
02-09-2008, 11:28 AM
My wife and I are both teachers. He is the most outspoken opponent of No Child Left Behind and the useless Department of Education. Give education back to the parents, teachers, and communities. You cannot generalize education across the entire country.

FreeTraveler
02-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Freedom

+1776