PDA

View Full Version : YOU should run for your county Board of Supervisors!!

tomcat
02-09-2008, 10:02 AM
YOU.

You have the power to take back this country. It can be done in little steps, by a LOT of people! It can start small, and by getting on to your county/municipality BOARD OF SUPERVISORS!

You can do it! Find out when your elections are coming up and get in the running. Don't think you have the background, or are unqualified because of this or that? Well get THIS: Some of my Board of Supervisor members have a high school diploma, and that's it!

Here is an AWESOME resource to get yourself started: http://www.usa.gov/Agencies/Local.shtml

It took me about three minutes to find all this about my home county:

"#
The Roanoke County Board of Supervisors is comprised of four Board members and a Chairman, elected by the Board members annually, who serve four-year terms. The County operates under the County Administrator form of government.
#
The Board is an elected body of five members representing magisterial districts of approximately 17,000 citizens each. The Magisterial Districts are Catawba, Cave Spring, Hollins, Vinton and Windsor Hills.
#
The Board enacts ordinances, establishes policies, sets the tax rates, and approves the budget in accordance with the desires of the residents and applicable state and federal laws.
#
Roanoke County is one of three counties in the state that has a Charter granted by the General Assembly.
#
The Board meetings are held at the Roanoke County Administration Center, 5204 Bernard Drive, Roanoke, VA on the second Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. and on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. for public hearings.
#
All Board meetings are open go the public and are televised live on government access television RVTV - Cox Channel 3. The meetings are rebroadcast on Thursday following the meeting beginning at 7 p.m. and on Saturday following the meeting beginning at 4 p.m."

Be like Ron! Run for office!

davidkachel
02-09-2008, 10:29 AM
This is the same theory espoused by the Libertarian party for the last 30 years: get enough people elected dog catcher and you will somehow magically recover your freedom. Look how well it has worked for them!

virginiakid
02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
This is the same theory espoused by the Libertarian party for the last 30 years: get enough people elected dog catcher and you will somehow magically recover your freedom. Look how well it has worked for them!

I would recommend running for local office, but have people run for all offices. Local level, state level, and federal level.

Nadia
02-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Ron Paul needs the backup and America needs your help!

You are qualified!:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_b5JW2CII

tomcat
02-09-2008, 10:41 AM

That's why you run as Republican :rolleyes:

freelance
02-09-2008, 11:08 AM
There are a few things that we can do.

The first one is going to make a lot of you laugh: run for your homeowners' association board of directors. Our section of the development is changing, and I think that I have a good chance of getting solar panels allowed in the next couple of meetings. Then we have a whole new (younger and progressive--not to be confused with liberal) slate running this next year that is probably going to get voted in due to the changing demographics. The bottom line is that this new group is more freedom oriented. It doesn't matter where and how you start spreading the freedom message--just start somewhere and get people used to doing as they please as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.

Then, run for two other positions locally--board of supervisors to take back the schools and city council to take back the local police department.

By taking back the local school district and the police department, you can force both to refuse federal funds for those gawd-awful programs. Yes, it might cost you a bit more as a local taxpayer, but isn't freedom worth it?

Gain control of the schools, the police department and then run for state office to ensure that the National ID has no chance.

Inch by inch, little by little, we can regain our country and our sanity.