PDA

View Full Version : Philly Editorial - Let's Have Another 911

freelance
08-10-2007, 06:19 AM
This is beyond belief:

ONE MONTH from The Anniversary, I'm thinking another 9/11 would help America.

What kind of a sick bastard would write such a thing?

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/columnists/stu_bykofsky/20070809_Stu_Bykofsky___To_save_America__we_need_a nother_9_11.html

0zzy
08-10-2007, 06:33 AM
Hm... I think hearing Ron Paul speak would be better. Just give him a mic and put him on TV, no people will die! :)

glts
08-10-2007, 06:44 AM
This is my email response to Mr. Bykofsky.

What America needs is to restore the republic not another catastrophy. It boggles the mind to think that another "event" would somehow make American's all join hands fight for some cause. As our country spirals out of control economically the last thing we need is to borrow more money and prolong this war. The money that has spent on this war can't be even paid for by our great grandchildren. It is asinine to think another 9/11 is going to solve America's problems. It will only create more.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-10-2007, 09:28 AM

disinter
08-10-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm thinking another 9/11 would help America.

So are a lot of neo-cons.

freelance
08-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Disinter, HOW could you dismember my quote like that. :eek:

That was a quote from an article, NOT my words. That was a quote from the magazine article:

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/colu...ther_9_11.html

Johnnybags
08-10-2007, 10:31 AM
while congress was in session, people would at first gasp, then cheer.

R_Harris
08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Mainstream politicians and media are just clueless. They really have no answers for anything.

George Bush I liked war because it took his popularity to new heights. But once the war was over, he had no answers for a sinking economy (remember the Clinton campaign, it's the economy stupid?)

Bush II is like his dad. For him, war is the health of the state. He has no clue about the credit crisis or that runaway spending under his watch will spell the end of this nation. It really is sad.

Wyurm
08-10-2007, 02:31 PM
It still astounds me how many people are completely insane, yet work as writers, reporters, etc.... Sure, why don't we just have an annual random huge tragedy to keep the country together and keep the people obedient and fearful. (sarcasm intended)

Kuldebar
08-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Seems wishing for another attack isn't too unheard of these days.

Here's a quote and link to the full story from June 3, 2007

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/191942

Dennis Milligan, Arkansas GOP head:
“At the end of the day, I believe fully the president is doing the right thing, and I think all we need is some attacks on American soil like we had on [Sept. 11, 2001 ], and the naysayers will come around very quickly to appreciate not only the commitment for President Bush, but the sacrifice that has been made by men and women to protect this country,” Milligan said.

trispear
08-10-2007, 03:29 PM
From TFA:

Most Americans today believe Iraq was a mistake. Why?

Not because Americans are "anti-war."

Americans have turned their backs because the war has dragged on too long and we don't have the patience for a long slog.

That's not it. People turned their backs because we have been misled. You invoke Pearl Harbor, yet FDR declared war on Japan because they were the ones who attacked us - he didn't use Pearl Harbor as an excuse to go in and do regime change in China and the rest of Asia.

America needs another 9/11? F*** you Stu.