PDA

View Full Version : So Dr. Paul not only cured my apathy...

Neopaulitan
02-09-2008, 09:46 AM
But also my isolationism.

This last year of supporting the campaign has been incredible. I learned that I have a voice in this world. It's not a futile voice as long as I use it. I've also learned that thousands, possibly millions of other people feel the way I do about this country and the priceless value of liberty and peace. What an empowering discovery!

No longer am I some lone soul of discontent floating through my days, despairing for our future, helpless against the oppression of the establishment. Instead, I am a loud and roaring voice, a movement, a groundswell of optimism and action, a revolution. I am one of you.

Which brings me to this. In the last few days I've seen a lot of posts which basically are giving up the fight if Ron Paul doesn't win the race.

We've got to remember, Dr. Paul was just the means through which we gained our cure. The spoon if you will :D The real medicine is the message! The message and the collective joining of people - real people who are your neighbors and friends and store clerks and bosses. We are out here and awake and eager to fight against endless war, endless spending, the loss of peace and security in our homes and persons, our children's right to grow up in this country not as a slave to the system but as a wielders of power and strong convictions. These issues will not go away just because you stop visiting the forums and go back to your 'normal' lives!

I love Ron's quote "Let it not be said that we did nothing". Perhaps we should also add "Let it not be said that we relapsed...."

For the last decade, my husband and I have bounced from house to house, country to country, never settling and certainly never making an effort to engage in our local community or politics in general. This year, we have made the monumental decision to stay in our home here in Massachusetts and to become actual citizens. Not by birth, but by deed and action. Being born into this country takes no effort on our part. But to maintain our citizenship and live up to the lofty ideals that granted us this great privilege, well, that takes enormous effort and continuous work.

Therefore, I will be running for local office whenever it's possible. I'll be joining town committees, volunteering on boards, organizing my community to be prepared for disasters and basically coming out of my self imposed isolationism to connect with all the like minded people I can.

The establishment is a mighty machine. But they are few and we are many. We must stay connected to each other by at least one of the many options available on these boards. I encourage each of you to dig in to your respective communities and to keep this revolution alive.

We should all be so proud at what we have accomplished in a few short months.

Just imagine what we will be able to do in years.

Thanks to all who make these boards possible and thanks to all of you patriots. I look forward to working together in the months and years to come. And the biggest thanks of all to Dr. Paul for being the catalyst that woke us from our collective slumber.

In liberty and newly found insomnia,

Neopaulitan

parke
02-09-2008, 09:59 AM
+1

I feel ya. Weve got a guy running for city council. All politics are local, right?

Im in the same boat. For the last 4 years Ive lived all over the country and decided to settle on the MS gulfcoast. I love it here.. Katrina did billions in damage. But the place is rebuilding and people are nice and polite. Im going to raise my child here and plan to make it home.

Kudos to you. Ron Paul cured my apathy and made me ready to arm myself for a real revolution.

When the shit hits the fan, its going to get ugly. We have no rights. We have no money. We have an endless war going on. Our economy is on the ropes.

Simply put, we cannot sustain the path we are on.

Your in liberty,

Parke

Larry_for_Paul
02-09-2008, 10:18 AM
"Let it not be said that we did nothing"