PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the 11th Congressional District willing to run for Congress?

sacvaljc
02-09-2008, 06:55 AM
First of all, if you just look at the California 11th Congressional District (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California's_11th_congressional_district), you'll want to fix our broken redistricting process. The district starts around Danville, heads down 680 to Pleasanton, then jumps away from the highway but heads down to Morgan Hill and eastern Santa Clara county, then skips Livermore ins instead goes over the mountains to Tracy, and skirts around Stockton while it goes up to Lodi and then down to Manteca. Most of the districts nearby are pretty bad, too.

But this would be a great district for someone sharing Dr. Paul's views to run for Congress. The Republican who used to get 60% of the vote every time until he got kicked out in '06. His replacement is an "anti-war" Democrat who won't vote against the war because he "doesn't have the votes." This is going to be an incredibly competitive race since this is normally a Republican district, and it would be great to see someone who cares about freedom win here.

luvthedoc08
02-10-2008, 06:57 AM
if i lived there i would in a heartbeat, sorry to say i'm in the heart of los angeles and i'm surrounded by Obama lovers, nuff said.