PDA

View Full Version : If we have a lot of delegates, but not enough to win, what are the positive outcomes?

parocks
02-09-2008, 03:57 AM
Our marching orders right now, from Ron Paul himself, apart from retaining his Congressional seat, are to "fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get."

"Fight on ... for our ideas."

I'm not sure precisely how having a lot of delegates helps with fighting for our ideas.

I know that it does.

I'm just curious if someone who is more experienced can answer in detail.

Something like "well, if you get 500 delegates, you get to help write the party platform"

You know, stuff like that.

After McCain has wrapped up his 1191, it'll be hard to motivate people to keep working, and I think it would be useful if we could know what kind of positive outcomes, short of victory, we might be able to get for continuing to work hard.

RochesterRyan
02-09-2008, 03:59 AM
We must prevent McCain from getting 1197 delegates.

parocks
02-09-2008, 04:04 AM
We must prevent McCain from getting 1197 delegates.

Ron Paul is saying "nearly zero" and "fight on ... for our ideas"

free.alive
02-09-2008, 04:12 AM
We ask Mitt if he want's VP.

He gets his chance to give an FU to the establishment that pushed him out and, if we can win enough in the second half of this primary and pick up enough in the second round, we should be prepared to make that compromise. And plus, I hear from people how genuinely nice Romney is, maybe with a little education on the Constitution and some Austrian economics, and a little Pape and Schuer, he'll get what Ron Paul's been saying this whole time.

Someone send this man a copy of Bastiat's The Law!

jrich4rpaul
02-09-2008, 04:16 AM
It's not over til it's over. McCain doesn't have the delegates yet. Either fight on or get out.

parocks
02-09-2008, 04:23 AM
It's not over til it's over. McCain doesn't have the delegates yet. Either fight on or get out.

Ron Paul said "fight on ... for our ideas"

I'm just looking for someone to figure out exactly how we fight for our ideas, even when we know that he's not going to win.

There's very little information on this board about fight on ... for our ideas.

Basically, it boils down to

1) Even though Ron Paul said his chances of winning are "nearly zero" we're going to ignore that. Attack McCain, stuff like that.

2) Even though Ron Paul said he's going to stay Republican we're going to ignore that. Go 3rd party Ron.

3) We're doomed.

I want someone to explain in greater detail the process of "fight on ... for our ideas."

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 04:24 AM
I am saying kick the right peoples asses and get them to full on support Ron Paul.

This is absolute BULL SHIT. We have the only candidate who is telling us the truth! Get some people with a lot of money to see this and we can get back in this race full throttle. Someone must know someone. Come on people! We have to much to lose to give up. We need to get desperate.

We should also use every resource we have to wake people the hell up.

We need Educational Ads !!!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114669

We also need to get some high profile people with a lot of money to try to turn this election around by filling homes with truth.

BreakYourChains
02-09-2008, 04:30 AM
We ask Mitt if he want's VP.

He gets his chance to give an FU to the establishment that pushed him out and, if we can win enough in the second half of this primary and pick up enough in the second round, we should be prepared to make that compromise. And plus, I hear from people how genuinely nice Romney is, maybe with a little education on the Constitution and some Austrian economics, and a little Pape and Schuer, he'll get what Ron Paul's been saying this whole time.

Someone send this man a copy of Bastiat's The Law!

Please, people. Stop being naive. Mitt Romney did not become a wealthy businessman who specialized in corporate takeovers by being a nice guy. You cannot get him to change, and you cannot educate him either. He is a part of a much larger agenda. It matters not which of these remaining candidates win, they get the same results. It only matter that Ron Paul does not win. Wake up guys, stop dreaming and continue the fight.

What can we gain by continuing on? Well, if this country holds together, thousands of us who never took part in this system before are learning valuable lessons, and we are learning that we MUST take part in it in order to be responsible. So, we learn and we learn and we win!

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Ron Paul said "fight on ... for our ideas"

I'm just looking for someone to figure out exactly how we fight for our ideas, even when we know that he's not going to win.

There's very little information on this board about fight on ... for our ideas.

Basically, it boils down to

1) Even though Ron Paul said his chances of winning are "nearly zero" we're going to ignore that. Attack McCain, stuff like that.

2) Even though Ron Paul said he's going to stay Republican we're going to ignore that. Go 3rd party Ron.

3) We're doomed.

I want someone to explain in greater detail the process of "fight on ... for our ideas."

Fight on a local level too. Stop the people that wants to walk the path to Americas destruction, and vote for the once that are ready to fight for our rights and freedom.....Do a research on your local people that are running for the different positions in your state. You will be amazed how many warmongers, pro-national ID card etc etc people is running for your local office. Stop them!!! Imagine a couple of Ron Paul's in every state running for office, just imagine..........

billyjoeallen
02-09-2008, 04:47 AM
We are fighting for the soul of the Republican Party. We will never vote for McCain even if it means four years of Hillary. The more delagates we get, the more of a madate we have to lead the party after McCain goes down in flames in the general election.

parocks
02-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Fight on a local level too. Stop the people that wants to walk the path to Americas destruction, and vote for the once that are ready to fight for our rights and freedom.....Do a research on your local people that are running for the different positions in your state. You will be amazed how many warmongers, pro-national ID card etc etc people is running for your local office. Stop them!!! Imagine a couple of Ron Paul's in every state running for office, just imagine..........

That sounds good.

I think that one of the things Ron Paul might consider doing is going into those places where Ron Paul Republicans are running and endorsing them, or doing something with them.

nayjevin
02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
I think that one of the things Ron Paul might consider doing is going into those places where Ron Paul Republicans are running and endorsing them, or doing something with them.

http://ronpaulambassadors.com/foundingboard.asp

nayjevin
02-09-2008, 07:33 AM
If we have a lot of delegates, but not enough to win, what are the positive outcomes?

I have the same questions, but they have yet to be answered here. Anybody?

MozoVote
02-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Ron Paul is a long time study of political trends. He knows that it can take more than one election cycle for "new" thinking to become mainstream.

Take campaign finance reform, for example. It was Jerry Brown's campaign theme on the Dem side in 1992, and it bubbled under the surface for a while before McCain grabbed it in 2000, and was able to cut a deal with Bush for his support and ultimately pass it. (Not saying that I agree with McCain-Feingold, though.)

Jerry Brown had no real hope of winning the Dem nomination, but he campaigned all the way to the convention and made his issue something large enough to stick in people's minds. I think that is Paul's goal. It's OK with him if another Republican in 2012 grabs onto the Liberty theme. Main thing is to see it happen.

Put it another way. I thought Tancredo would do this on immigration changes. The fact that he was not willing to be an "issue candidate" all the way to the convention shows it was just a campaign theme. It wasn't really something he was willing to go all-out to make happen, one way or another.

ambiguousscion
02-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Yes, he can get the word out more and more that the Republicans are just a bunch of liberals... If you look what happened after Goldwater ran earlier this century, he lost, but his influence caused some amount of revolution.

I still think if this thing goes brokered, Paul can use his delegates to negotiate with others in the convention to influence them or leverage with passing bills in the future. I'm no politician, but if I were Romney or Huck, I would negotiate to get some extra delegates and win, and to my knowledge, Romney still has his delegates if it goes brokered.

Staupostek
02-09-2008, 08:22 AM
One thing is that if Ron Paul can win several of the remaining states and accumulate a good size number of delegates, it will be harder for MSM and GOP to just ignore him and write him off as a fringe candidate. They might start giving him some air time and that way the message gets out to more people so that when the next election comes, RP type candidates might get a fairer shake.

Just remember, immigration reform was a done deal until the people spoke up. We can speak up again now and say that RP's views are our views too and there are a lot of us out here that will fight for them.

MozoVote
02-09-2008, 08:24 AM
One thing is that if Ron Paul can win several of the remaining states

He might still win Montana and North Dakota, with Romney out and Mitt's county level delegates free to vote elsewhere.

ambiguousscion
02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
He might still win Montana and North Dakota, with Romney out and Mitt's county level delegates free to vote elsewhere.

True, but I'm not convinced that Romney's delegates are free to vote for anyone... I'm not sure how that works.

Staupostek
02-09-2008, 08:29 AM
True, but I'm not convinced that Romney's delegates are free to vote for anyone... I'm not sure how that works.

I think he needs to file the paperwork to actually withdraw from the race in order to release his delegates.

speciallyblend
02-09-2008, 10:49 AM
positive outcome= the republican party loses if they dont nominate Ron Paul, that sounds positive to me;)

AlexMerced
02-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Whether we offically win those delegates or not, many of those will be Ron Paul people and will shape the Party official and platform at the convention... hopefully enough to make a difference...