PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it is finally coming to this

free.alive
02-09-2008, 03:22 AM
Tomorrow I go to my caucus...to vote....for RON PAUL!!!!

After months of spreading the message, plotting, planning, and mostly teaching others how to spread the message and recruit others, well, it's all come down to tomorrow - Saturday Feb 9th 1pm is almost here.

Yes, I'm excited. But in everything I have done, in all the help I've given, I can only think of every missed opportunity and every wasted, selfish moment. What was I thinking?

Even still, a sort of solemn calm has come over me. After a long discussion with some newer members to the Revolution tonight after a Tacoma caucus training event, the gravity of this movement hit me once again - what we're standing for and what we've achieved already, even in our 25+ losses. In our disappointments there were still victories to be found; in everyone we couldn't convert we were still able to reach them with a message they otherwise will have never heard, and will continue to hear more of in the future.

Our conversation dragged on tonight, and we discussed our money, our freedom, our individual sovereignty, Michael Badnarik, 9/11, Bush's first campaign for POTUS, naturopathy, vaccines, government lies, the list goes on...

But, besides the fact that I could listen to myself discussing things I had little understanding of 1 year ago, I noticed something different.

First, there was hope. For the first time in my adult life I can honestly say that I can look into the future and I expect things to be better, I expect to have more freedom and be more engaged with others in the practice of self-rule.

Second, there was a strategy. The knowledge of the political process I've gained from being part of this outsider movement has shown myself and others, that if we make good on our claim to be the Revolution we say we are, there is a way we can change at least one party from the inside out. Actually, since the last Constitutionalist POTUS was a Democrat - Grover Cleveland - we shouldn't limit our coup to Republicans. (more on this in another post)

So, while an absolutely amazing chapter in my life will be ending in just a few short hours, I can look out into the future with a hope that I've never had and I can see how the dream of true freedom can come alive.

Thank you all for playing a part in this wonderful, life-affirming experience!

Airborn
02-09-2008, 03:27 AM
thank you! nice post.

RochesterRyan
02-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I cast mine a few days ago. I have never felt so good casting a vote. Enjoy.

free.alive
02-09-2008, 03:57 AM
I'm going to post this on my meetups as well, but this is also meant for you all who have contributed to the honing of ideas and broadening of my perspective - even with all the BS bickering, non-stop third party talk and some of the dumbest ideas anyone's ever heard (of course interspersed with brilliance!)

vvolf27
02-09-2008, 04:41 AM
I my friend will be right there with, but in a different city 100 miles away. I will proudly cast my vote. If we win the white house or not, it no longer matters to me anymore. What matters is the message. That message will continue to spread from all of us. I will pass it to my 2 children so they can continue to spread it too.

I hope in all my heart we can take the white house and the message can be heard far and wide by many over night. However if we don't, the message will still be heard by many one at a time.

The Revolution has begun. Washington did not defeat the British in one day. As long as we never surrender and continue the fight for liberty, we will prevail. Let it be written in future history books, that Dr. Ron Paul woke up a handful of people who in turn liberated the world!

The fight is on fellow citizens, for all of humanity.

purplechoe
02-09-2008, 04:55 AM
Tomorrow I go to my caucus...to vote....for RON PAUL!!!!

Thank you all for playing a part in this wonderful, life-affirming experience!

You sound like someone who definitely lives up to their forum name. :)

The New Revere
02-09-2008, 05:00 AM
It's a great feeling. Do us proud and thank you for being a part of our experience up till now and in the future.

Mordan
02-09-2008, 05:54 AM
victory will be ours

tommyzDad
02-09-2008, 05:59 AM
And it's your 600th post, free.alive!

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4849/presidentsoftheunitedstfd4.jpg

(Something I whipped up at work.... Please ignore bad grammar...:mad:)