PDA

View Full Version : Want Ron to run as an Independent? Convince him.

Madison
02-09-2008, 01:38 AM
In early 2007, Ron Paul was a little known Congressman. Some of his supporters and close friends suggested he run for President. He shrugged it off and said he wasn't interested but they were persistent, so he gave it a shot. Now it has achieved more than he ever expected it would.

Ron has a wide array of supporters so let me tell you what my basic view (which I think many people share). This republic, in Ron's words, is in remnant status. We are on the verge of passing a point of no return which may put the republic as we know it beyond repair. When we learned of Ron's run for Presidency we knew it was the last chance to save our nation.

Many before us, such as the libertarian party, have been promoting the same causes we are for years. However they have had little success. If Ron goes back to congress he may have earned more respect, but his ideas are still diametrically opposed to that of the establishment. If anything, now that the spotlight on him is bigger, they may go out of their way to treat him even worse. This is how these people operate, make no mistake.

As of January, 11% of the American electorate would vote for Ron Paul as an Independent. This is even if Bloomberg is also running. Imagine how much we could increase those numbers in 8 months. In primaries and caucuses up to this point, his support among independents has been vastly greater than that of baseline republicans. In closed-primary states he has done much worse. Imagine all his supporters or potential supporters who were never even able to vote for him.

In my mind it would be a blunder of epic proportions to pass up the last chance we have to save this republic. We would have to step up the grassroots and canvass the nation. Precinct leaders will have to take up multiple precincts and triple their efforts. We the grassroots would have to get him in debates, on the ballots, and increase our oversight over the election process. I think it is all well worth it. But as Ron's supporters did the first time around, he needs to be convinced to do this.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

Drknows
02-09-2008, 01:40 AM
WE NEED TO ORGANIZE A MONEY BOMB!!

you guys can convince him. Organize a money bomb for a independent run and raise 10 million.

Maybe he will get the message. It's a Win-Win situation because you still raise money for his campaign.

Cyclone
02-09-2008, 01:49 AM
If he runs as an Ind then he MUST give up his run for his house seat - via Texas law.

"Of course, I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run."

"I have constituents in my home district that I must serve. I cannot and will not let them down."

The man made a choice. Run in his home district or give up his chance at his house seat. He doesn't want to give up his house seat. He has people to serve.

Let him serve the way he wants.

I believe it is important to support his congressional seat. I have been doing it for many many years before this Presidential run came along and I will do it in the future. It is better for him to be in the house, saying things and making speeches to Congress that we can all support and so others can learn from him.

He is a very important man and has been saying this stuff for years. Just because you all just heard of him does not mean he did not exist. Now, perhaps, he will have a lot more people supporting his bills in Congress and making hundreds of thousands of calls to get those bills passed.

If he has outside support he can still do a lot inside of Congress.

Rhys
02-09-2008, 01:50 AM
raise money, but don't get distracted. We're going to convention, not third party. If you think he's blacked out now, wait till he's third party. What's more, he doesn't want to. He wants to change the GOP and save America, not chase a candle in the wind just to make us happy. He started this, we have to finish... and we knew his presidential run was the start, not goal. The goal is freedom. We need RP to keep his seat in Congress too, which he can't do if he leaves the GOP.

Sauron
02-09-2008, 01:52 AM
It's better for him to keep running Republican until September. Make his stand at the convention.

Oyate
02-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Too many people need their hero to act. If you are always waiting for a leader you'll never be one.