PDA

View Full Version : Thank God, and finally. Now we can move forward seriously.

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 01:06 AM
By the time you're reading this post, you would have read the email from Dr. Paul disavowing a third party run and announcing the slimming down of the official presidential campaign HQ.

Thank God, and finally. Now we can move forward seriously.

There have been no shortage of reasons for frustration. We're frustrated with the what's going on with the direction of the country and the world--that's why we're part of the rEVOLution and here in the first place. We're frustrated with the lack of more and better choices among political candidates. We're frustrated that for all of our hard work, time and money, we get so little attention from the MSM, so few votes, even fewer delegates to the national convention, etc.

Why was I happy when I read Dr. Paul's email? Because it's the slap in the face the rEVOLution needs to move forward in a serious way.

I know it didn't make me universally popular for saying so, but the official campaign staff has been the weak link in our chain. That is by far the nicest way to put it. Getting rid of the dead wood will now let us grow to our full potential. Because I've not wanted to air dirty laundry in public that would adversely affect Dr. Paul, I've not said what all of the DC metro area volunteers and supporters know about the arrogance and incompetence of the Arlington HQ staff. We are better off without them.

Now of course, we, the real campaign, the grassroots, are going to have to pick up the slack. No more excuses of deferring to the official campaign.

First off, no more delusions (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1204477#poststop) of electoral grandeur. Blog posts saying Dr. Paul has really won a majority of the delegates are a load of crap (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1205484#poststop). Dr. Paul wouldn't put out that email if it were true. We weren't really winning. The official campaign staff dropped the ball and wasted millions of dollars. Apologists for them are the traitors to our movement. John McCain, while born in Panama, is a natural born citizen (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1221551&postcount=5). The scientific polls are far from perfect, but they aren't biased against us--use them to our benefit to learn how to craft our message to win. The deceptions need to stop now.

A few of us are working on a state-by-state strategy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116576) based on an examination of the actual rules as they are--not as we can twist them the way we want them to be. The same goes for the RNC by-laws (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384). That strategy is going to depend on working with Huck's Army and others to have the greatest effect derailing the McCain train. Politics ain't pretty; if you ain't got the stomach for it, get out of the kitchen (or something like that).

The McCain train is going to derail. I just hope it happens in time for us to make the difference we want it to make before he gets our party's nomination. Let's face it, Senator McCain is an honorable man in many ways who has served our country with distinction. He is also, however, a walking time bomb. His "mercurial" personality will doom his presidential aspirations. For these and other reasons, the Romney people are helping the Paul supporters openly at CPAC, etc. We've already cut deals to our mutual benefit with the Huckabee camp in West Virginia. This is how we win.

Is the road before us easy? No. Do we have our work cut out for us? Hell, yeah. Likelihood of success? How should I know? This is politics. For all I know some six year old Cuban kid will wash up on the Florida shore and that will be the galvanizing issue in the campaign deciding the other half of the votes for delegates.

What to do from here? Work our tails off--in a smart way (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72640). Hard-headed and realistic ways. If you want someone to sing you lullabies, tell you the failure-seeking official staff was really doing a great job and that we were on the road to victory, you deserve another bitch slap.

It was after McCain fired his dead weight that his campaign retooled and took off--all the way to presumptive nominee. No more delusions. Realistic, hard-headed thinking. We need to act now, together, to push the rEVOLution forward. Make everything we do count, not just for Ron Paul delegates to the national nominating convention but coupled with other candidates for office (http://www.mckinleyforcongress.com/) to help save our country. EDIT: Dr. Paul as already done so much (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114409)as a Congressman, we need more of us!

Peace and love.

0zzy
02-09-2008, 01:10 AM
BUT! BUT! THE POLLS SHOW HE GETS 11% WITH OBAMA AND MCCAIN AND THAT GUY FROM NY! THAT MEANS...HE CAN...

/cries

I kid of course. If we learn anything from this campaign, it's what Ron Paul stands for and what Americans should stand for. It certainly isn't a case study for winning elections. The revolution, the one that started many years ago, will live on. We will bring it back to full strength, a Renaissance if you will.

Bruno
02-09-2008, 01:14 AM
Bump.

jblosser
02-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Do we know yet who got canned?

No1ButPaul08
02-09-2008, 01:21 AM
did this get moved, i have a hard time believing it got 4 responses on this forum in 15 minutes.

nightlight
02-09-2008, 01:23 AM
We knew we could not go on the same way and expect something different to happen. This shakeup was necessary and it shows us a clear silver lining (as luck would have it, Dr. Paul's letter accomplishes precisely the steps #1 and #2 from my post-Super-Tuesday post here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1213163#post1213163), where I was outlining what has to happen next). Here are the key points forming this 'silver lining':

1. Dr. Paul is not quitting and he pledges to fight on.

2. He is asking for continued support from us.

3. He and many of us were astonished how his message caught on.

4. That may not be the last pleasant surprise the
Higher Power has in store for us. (Don't they
always come in triplets? Nomination+White House?)

5. McCain is well ahead, but he is extremely fragile front-runner:

a) he has volatile temperament,
b) treacherous voting record,
c) history of political corruption (e.g. Keating 5)
d) many skeletons in his closet (Songbird, 1st wife...),
e) two bouts of malignant melanoma,
f) possible acceleration of his senility,
g) great animus toward him from republican right
h) resemblance to Bob Dole 96,
i) Manchurian whiff about him

6. Romney has not dropped out, but merely quit spending
his money on the campaign. He is on the ballots and
will continue to split the vote, making it harder for McCain
to reach the tipping point. Ron knows this very well, of
course, his ambiguous wording notwithstanding.

7. Major economic collapse can hit the fan any time
turning Ron Paul into a living prophet. We already know
that, but the rest of the country may learn it soon.

8. Victories in upcoming weeks can act as a seed for
a large scale 'phase transition' to our side.

9. The shedding of the lame, treacherous campaign
staff may jolt the grasroots into organizing an
umbrella organization which can be the new,
young, healthy, truly loyal, energetic, creative and
effective bottom-up campaign headquarters. That
transformation in fact fits his philosophy much better
than the top down bureaucratic campaign staff, which
as we saw doesn't work.

10. The shedding of the campaign staff and this letter will
be taken by our enemies, who have already all but
written us off, as the white flag, causing them to drop
their guard even further and make mistakes they will
soon regret. There is nothing better for us than
an overconfident enemy propping a front-runner
with the feet of clay. (Recall also the famous faint
retreat by Normans in the battle of Hastings.)

nightlight
02-09-2008, 01:39 AM
Now of course, we, the real campaign, the grassroots, are going to have to pick up the slack. No more excuses of deferring to the official campaign.

It is crucial at this time that the grassroots urgently forms an umbrella group, with the creme of the crop from among us forming the real campaign headquarters. All the grassroot branches would converge toward this nerve center, the best and the brightest, the heroes with exceptional organizing and leadership genius who made possible the miracles we have seen so far.

Sauron
02-09-2008, 01:47 AM
It is crucial at this time that the grassroots urgently forms an umbrella group, with the creme of the crop from among us forming the real campaign headquarters. All the grassroot branches would converge toward this nerve center, the best and the brightest, the heroes with exceptional organizing and leadership genius who made possible the miracles we have seen so far.
Are you offering up any property you own for his umbrella group hq? Can we live there?

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Do we know yet who got canned?

I don't know yet, no. No matter what, no more waiting for Godot.

Sauron
02-09-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't know yet, no. No matter what, no more waiting for Godot.
Who's Godot?

RockEnds
02-09-2008, 01:56 AM
Alright, Bradley. No tears for the campaign.

If God himself got off his throne, descended from the heavens, trumpetted at my door, and announced that I was wasting my time trying to get Ron Paul into the Whitehouse, I would thank him for his concern and ask him to leave me to my business. I've wasted lots of time on far less noble causes.

Let's pump some enthusiasm back into this effort.

Archie
02-09-2008, 02:01 AM
yep Great post Bradley You guys are still in the game and in many ways beside's just an election you guys have the power structure now along with willing donor's to unleash thousands of RP agents into gov't and the GOP. The Power all of you guys united with your heart,guts,and money donations will scare a ton of people out of there boots..

As a Canadian looking on All these Cry baby crap about "its the end" is just retarded inlight of the Power all of you guys Hold if you all sTick togather like glue and not be divided..

GO GET GET EM!!!!!!!!

nightlight
02-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Are you offering up any property you own for his umbrella group hq? Can we live there?

I can offer more money to this group, some servers and C/C++, Java, Javascript programming (I am chief scientist in a small startup, creating some new, neat iPhone stuff; my education is theoretical physics).

Note that the group may operate as a distributed network spread out around the country, of 20-30 most loyal grassroots heroes that earned our trust and admiration so far. Of course, all paths would lead to Dr. Paul, albeit all these need not be formal or public.

The old-timers with the movement who are more familiar with who-is-who in the rEVOLution should put up the list of names here and we'll vote for them and once the group is seeded, we will contribute funds, time, work and anything else that is needed and that we can do.

I am fairly new here, but the folks that impressed me the most are Trevor Lyman, Vijay Boyapati (with his Google friends and Live Free or Die group), Ed Griffin, GHoeberX.

billjarrett
02-09-2008, 03:41 AM
Thanks for this great post Bradley. Looking at your profile, you have more experience and insight into this than most of us ever will.

My question after reading your post: Which direction?

We've got alot of supporters, with alot of different ideas. I think going a million different directions will kill us. We have people wanting to still push for a 3rd party run (the ones who can't read e-mails maybe?), wanting to take over the GOP starting locally, attack McCain, etc..etc.. How can we determine what is important and beneficial at this moment, while not wasting our time on projects with minimal returns so we can go in for the kill?

I think we have alot of great people here, with alot of motivation, but we're running towards all corners of the globe. We need to decide what will work, rally behind it, and get at least a majority of us headed in the right direction.

jrich4rpaul
02-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Why isn't this thread in Grassroots Central? We need this to be seen

WRellim
02-09-2008, 04:07 AM
I know it didn't make me universally popular for saying so, but the official campaign staff has been the weak link in our chain. That is by far the nicest way to put it. Getting rid of the dead wood will now let us grow to our full potential. Because I've not wanted to air dirty laundry in public that would adversely affect Dr. Paul, I've not said what all of the DC metro area volunteers and supporters know about the arrogance and incompetence of the Arlington HQ staff. We are better off without them.

I *TRULY* wish you were right, but I highly doubt it. I think we're KEEPING our Dead Wood.

Ron did NOT say anything in that letter to the point that he is "cleaning house" or "changing" any of his team. (I *really* like and respect you Bradley, and your points about people's self-delusions are VERY valid -- but it is difficult for people to see when they do it to themselves -- an outsider has to point it out; as I am now having to point out that I think YOU yourself are now falling into a similar trap, reading in this letter what you WANT to see, rather than what is actually there, sorry but it's true.)

All he said was that they are scaling back to become "leaner" and "tighter." Which merely means de-hiring all of the part-timers, the local state office staff people, and the entourage that has been built up at the VA headquarters.

But Kent, Lew and the original gang will STILL be there. Unless you know something I don't, they are the root source of the arrogance as well as all of the errors, the incompetence and wasted monies, and they will still be running whatever is left of the show. (In actuality it has always BEEN their show, Ron's name was merely attached in the same way that his name was attached to the LewRockwell racist newsletters 20 years ago; once again, Ron has allowed HIS NAME to be used as a surety for others. This time we got milked for $30Million and a roller-coaster ride.)

And unfortunately, THEY aren't going anywhere.

( We'll know for sure within a few days, but I for one would be SHOCKED if they left. I would also be motivated to no end, but SHOCKED nonetheless. It's Ron's one TRUE and MAJOR downfall (and a very dangerous one) placing personal loyalty over performance and truth. It was true with Lew Rockwell, and it is true with Kent Snyder and Lew Moore & their gang as well. )

Besides, it's too late. The damage is all done; the cash is all spent and the grassroots morale is shot, so there is no more coming, and the local efforts will only be performed by the real "remnant." We can do a lot long-term, but not enough short term, we're just to small in numbers.:(

bucfish
02-09-2008, 04:10 AM
I know many great organizations soon to be up and running the Freedom Movement has begun and will continue. The seeds have been planted and will continue to grow.

Liberté
02-09-2008, 05:05 AM
What it comes down too is this; we need to develop a Liberty Candidate Political Machine. We need to start churning out well spoken, well groomed, likeable, Constitution loving alternatives. At this point the race is a vetting process, and there is still time to make an even stronger showing at National and develop our future strategies.

There isn’t much time left! Ron Paul needs a talented speech writer, and a pollster. I don’t need a Fox News tracker to know where Ron Paul lost conservative voters! Terms like “empire building”, “guns and butter”, “gold standard”, “Austrian Economics”… these statements either turn off mainstream voters or are too complicated for sound bite voters.

I think Ron Paul had his best chance on Jan 24th MSNBC debate; he could have destroyed McCain but instead after the question I knew in my heart that the race was over. People on the forum tried to spin it like it was a good debate question, and that McCain looked like an idiot while answering it, but your typical voter didn’t understand Paul’s question and gave McCain a pass because no one thought it was a coherent question, just crazy Paul spouting off.

We had a lot of MSM coverage at the start; we could have made the transition to mainstream candidate. Next time we will walk the walk, but talk the political sound bite.

B964
02-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Well said.
A good slap across the face has been overdue for alot of Paul supporters, myself included.

nayjevin
02-09-2008, 06:38 AM
If God himself got off his throne, descended from the heavens, trumpetted at my door, and announced that I was wasting my time trying to get Ron Paul into the Whitehouse, I would thank him for his concern and ask him to leave me to my business. I've wasted lots of time on far less noble causes.

you're awesome!

nayjevin
02-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Our future direction should be 4 pronged:

1. Positive Ron Paul dissemination

2. Negative 'other guys' dissemination

3. Positive issue dissemination

4. Negative issue dissemination

Examples:

1. "Ron Paul is a decorated veteran"

get veteran slim jims to veterans, post videos about RP's record on vet sites, etc

2. "McCain is a traitor"

write www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com" on every bathroom stall in america

3. "Liberty is about life"

promote the idea that a debate about liberty is academic if the 'life' issue remains undefined.

4. "NAU will destroy our economy"

show that the NAU is real and insidious

In all of our efforts, the idea is WAKE UP. We should try to leverage our efforts by doing things which will have a positive long term impact regardless of the results of this election. A good example of this was the idea to hand out Constitutions in New Hampshire -- maybe they won't vote for Ron Paul, but now they have in their hands the reasons that they should vote for candidates like him for the rest of their lives.

If we can define the goals, then the grassroots can remain decentralized, with everyone using their efforts in whatever way they know best -- but always in the same direction. the goals have thus far been too vague -- eg 'get rp elected'.

Also we must clearly define our goals on a local level -- anyone who is settled down in an area who is dedicated to this movement has several clear goals:

1. Determine your role
Are you a potential candidate? Is there any, ANY office you could hold? Are you better at coordinating, communications? Find what you're good at, and begin to research your local laws. What are the biggest threats to liberty in your community? What can you do to fight it?

2. Gain Recognition
Gain recognition for both the movement, and for yourself. Each of us should do what we can to become pillars of the community where we live. Network and be neighborly. Canvass your neighborhood, if only just to introduce yourself to neighbors! It will be rewarding to you, and help you get in touch with like minds, and those that are fertile for the liberty message. Keep a network of local people who you can count on to vote our way on EVERYTHING. My idea locally is to campaign for folks to vote against ALL taxes and ALL new laws. Vote 'yes' only to repeal existing laws. If we all did this locally, and built up our local networks of folks who will go to the polls with us and do the same, government will begin to shrink (or at least the growth will be curbed!)

3. Write Letters
Write letters to your congressman and your editor, your neighbors and your family. Encourage them to stand up for what is right in your community. Let your voice be heard - at minimum you are planting seeds.

Keep your heads up people, and remember this forum doesn't represent the average Ron Paul supporter. Most of us are still very positive about this movement. Shills change the overall feeling of this site more than most realize -- don't let a few bad seeds get you down.

nayjevin
02-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Is the road before us easy? No. Do we have our work cut out for us? Hell, yeah. Likelihood of success? How should I know? This is politics. For all I know some six year old Cuban kid will wash up on the Florida shore and that will be the galvanizing issue in the campaign deciding the other half of the votes for delegates.

love it

liberteebell
02-09-2008, 07:15 AM
By the time you're reading this post, you would have read the email from Dr. Paul disavowing a third party run and announcing the slimming down of the official presidential campaign HQ.

There have been no shortage of reasons for frustration. We're frustrated with the what's going on with the direction of the country and the world--that's why we're part of the rEVOLution and here in the first place. We're frustrated with the lack of more and better choices among political candidates. We're frustrated that for all of our hard work, time and money, we get so little attention from the MSM, so few votes, even fewer delegates to the national convention, etc.

Why was I happy when I read Dr. Paul's email? Because it's the slap in the face the rEVOLution needs to move forward in a serious way.

First off, no more delusions (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1204477#poststop) of electoral grandeur. Blog posts saying Dr. Paul has really won a majority of the delegates are a load of crap (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1205484#poststop). Dr. Paul wouldn't put out that email if it were true. We weren't really winning. The official campaign staff dropped the ball and wasted millions of dollars. Apologists for them are the traitors to our movement. John McCain, while born in Panama, is a natural born citizen (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1221551&postcount=5). The scientific polls are far from perfect, but they aren't biased against us--use them to our benefit to learn how to craft our message to win. The deceptions need to stop now.

A few of us are working on a state-by-state strategy (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116576) based on an examination of the actual rules as they are--not as we can twist them the way we want them to be. The same goes for the RNC by-laws (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384). That strategy is going to depend on working with Huck's Army and others to have the greatest effect derailing the McCain train. Politics ain't pretty; if you ain't got the stomach for it, get out of the kitchen (or something like that).

The McCain train is going to derail. I just hope it happens in time for us to make the difference we want it to make before he gets our party's nomination. Let's face it, Senator McCain is an honorable man in many ways who has served our country with distinction. He is also, however, a walking time bomb. His "mercurial" personality will doom his presidential aspirations. For these and other reasons, the Romney people are helping the Paul supporters openly at CPAC, etc. We've already cut deals to our mutual benefit with the Huckabee camp in West Virginia. This is how we win.

What to do from here? Work our tails off--in a smart way (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=72640). Hard-headed and realistic ways. If you want someone to sing you lullabies, tell you the failure-seeking official staff was really doing a great job and that we were on the road to victory, you deserve another bitch slap.

It was after McCain fired his dead weight that his campaign retooled and took off--all the way to presumptive nominee. No more delusions. Realistic, hard-headed thinking. We need to act now, together, to push the rEVOLution forward. Make everything we do count, not just for Ron Paul delegates to the national nominating convention but coupled with other candidates for office (http://www.mckinleyforcongress.com/) to help save our country.

Peace and love.

I didn't need a bitch slapping but I'm really glad to hear you say all this!!!! I'm with you; I'm in it 'till the bitter end and I know and am quite familiar with some tireless and dedicated peeps in southeast Virginia, from C-vill and south, who would do and have been doing anything and everything, and I mean ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to keep this going. Even the casual observer wouldn't question their (our) enthusiasm and dedication.

I think I can speak for most of them: the frustration level is off the charts. It appears that our efforts have been thwarted in every way, shape and form by none other than HQ. Add to that, most of us are political novices who just needed a bit of direction and help and our requests fell on deaf ears.

We're more than willing to learn from mistakes, pick up the pieces and move strongly forward.

liberteebell
02-09-2008, 07:18 AM

Exquisite! With your permission, I'd like to use your quote as a signature.

Charles Wilson
02-09-2008, 07:30 AM

It was after McCain fired his dead weight that his campaign retooled and took off--all the way to presumptive nominee. No more delusions. Realistic, hard-headed thinking. We need to act now, together, to push the rEVOLution forward. Make everything we do count, not just for Ron Paul delegates to the national nominating convention but coupled with other candidates for office (http://www.mckinleyforcongress.com/) to help save our country.

Peace and love.

Excellent post! As a national movement we need to organize as such and pay annual membership dues so that the movement will have the where-with-all to afford the necessary expenses of such an endeavor. I can support something like this. I have not read: www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1204477#poststop", but I will. Let us all keep in touch, the fat lady has not sung the last song as far as I am concerned.

Peace&Freedom
02-09-2008, 07:38 AM
What would actually help is for the GOP-loyalist faction of our movement to not slap the other factions at all, for their thinking that Paul running independent would help his GOP prospects. It would help if one group did not high handedly define agreement with them as "moving forward" and disagreement as "giving up."

Reading the tea leaves:

Yes, Paul (presuming this last email was approved by him) has now definitely said he WILL NOT run 3rd party, and chances of a brokered con are nearly zero.

Paul has NOT said he WILL NOT run as an independent candidate. An indy run allows Paul to not abandon the GOP for another party label, and run in November if the brokered con does not pan out. The TX primary is his preoccupation at this point (to retain his house seat), and I believe he will clarify his intentions on the indy run after Mar. 4, and upon reviewing feed back from the grassroots.

Melissa
02-09-2008, 07:41 AM
This is why we need to donate--all people still fighting the good fight please donate so we can show the whiners how a real revolution is fought (not by quitting)--so donate please

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 07:49 AM
I *TRULY* wish you were right, but I highly doubt it. I think we're KEEPING our Dead Wood.

I don't know who is staying or not. That's secondary. One, HQ now has adult supervision with Messrs. Tate and Elam at the top, and more importantly, the grassroots now has to understand the reality of what we're up against and stop deferring to the official campaign as if they are magically going to win this race. They're not. If it's going to be won, it's going to be us.

rexsolomon
02-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Who's Godot?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 09:32 AM
In response to requests, here is a quick checklist that should apply everywhere (rules in different states are so different it's hard to give general advice).

identify supporters and turn them out to vote.
identify "supervoters" who usually vote and spread the message to them; if you can't get a list of the actual voter rolls with histories, then look at the election returns--especially for primaries--and see which precincts have the highest turnout of Republicans (rank them by most Republican supervoters to least, hit as many precincts at the top of the list as you can; use the official campaign's Precinct Leader list to supplement your efforts but keep the information on a Google.doc spreadsheet accessible to the others with whom you are working).
identify all of the voting locations (make sure signs are posted at all voting locations in accordance with local ordinance the night before and have people leafleting for Dr. Paul there--dress well and be polite!)--if a caucus, follow leadership in your state on speeches or whatever.
each group needs to act to contact media about events and get their own endorsements for the campaign.
use your efforts to help Dr. Paul AND the other Liberty Candidates out there--make the most of your efforts!
SMILE :) We have so much to be thankful for in finding each other, Ron and Carol sacrificing so much of themselves, for having this opportunity in this great country...

torchbearer
02-09-2008, 09:37 AM
BUT! BUT! THE POLLS SHOW HE GETS 11% WITH OBAMA AND MCCAIN AND THAT GUY FROM NY! THAT MEANS...HE CAN...

/cries

I kid of course. If we learn anything from this campaign, it's what Ron Paul stands for and what Americans should stand for. It certainly isn't a case study for winning elections. The revolution, the one that started many years ago, will live on. We will bring it back to full strength, a Renaissance if you will.

a Technosance...

tamor
02-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Just a thought -- perhaps some the RP campaign people had agreed to be on board until after "Super Tuesday" -- then they had to return to other responsibilities

liberteebell
02-09-2008, 09:44 AM
In response to requests, here is a quick checklist that should apply everywhere (rules in different states are so different it's hard to give general advice).

identify "supervoters" who usually vote and spread the message to them; if you can't get a list of the actual voter rolls with histories, then look at the election returns--especially for primaries--and see which precincts have the highest turnout of Republicans (rank them by most Republican supervoters to least, hit as many precincts at the top of the list as you can; use the official campaign's Precinct Leader list to supplement your efforts but keep the information on a Google.doc spreadsheet accessible to the others with whom you are working).
identify all of the voting locations (make sure signs are posted at all voting locations in accordance with local ordinance the night before and have people leafleting for Dr. Paul there--dress well and be polite!)--if a caucus, follow leadership in your state on speeches or whatever.
each group needs to act to contact media about events and get their own endorsements for the campaign.
use your efforts to help Dr. Paul AND the other Liberty Candidates out there--make the most of your efforts!
SMILE :) We have so much to be thankful for in finding each other, Ron and Carol sacrificing so much of themselves, for having this opportunity in this great country...

Excellent! Short and sweet (and clear!!). I'm in the middle of writing one that's Virginia specific and will use this as a guide. Thank you!

therealjjj77
02-09-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree.

I think we can do a lot more with less.

Change
02-09-2008, 10:08 AM

So agree with this statement, as well! Making my Saturday morning bright with these gray skies, and light snow. Go Ron GO!

LibertyEagle
02-09-2008, 10:11 AM
(In actuality it has always BEEN their show, Ron's name was merely attached in the same way that his name was attached to the LewRockwell racist newsletters 20 years ago; once again,...[/I]
Still behaving like the judge, jury and executioner, I see. :mad:

WRellim
02-09-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't know who is staying or not. That's secondary. One, HQ now has adult supervision with Messrs. Tate and Elam at the top, and more importantly, the grassroots now has to understand the reality of what we're up against and stop deferring to the official campaign as if they are magically going to win this race. They're not. If it's going to be won, it's going to be us.

Ummm, Bradley,

Again I WISH what you were saying was true, but it's not. You are seeing what you WANT to see in that letter, but it's NOT THERE.

Elam and Tate are NOT "on top" at Virginia HQ, they are both busy elsewhere.

Elam was given a "temporary title" and the task of salvaging the Feb 5th Media buy, but he remains in TEXAS, where is is chairman of the CONGRESSIONAL campaign. His hands are far too full of THAT important task for him to baby-sit the Arlington nursery.

I am fairly certain the same is true of Tate -- the "title" was a temporary one (it like Elam's "title", was made formal and announced solely in order to quiet down the revolting peasantry) and I am fairly certain that any "duties" he had were also solely surrounding Feb 5th.

The Snyder & Moore Co is completely in tact, and in charge again. And if all that is left is a few University visits & speeches, and winding down the campaign offices & stuff. Then I'm sure Ron feels they will do an adequate job.

They will probably keep a few kids on board to fill store orders. And the BEST evidence that nothing has changed will come in this form: in coming weeks people will start to complain about getting "different stuff" (wrong types of slim-jims, etc) than what they ordered. The cause will often be "substitutions" for things that are out of stock (and sometimes just sloppiness). Yes, they SHOULD receive a printed shipping ticket note telling them that, but they WON'T -- because Snyder & Moore, Inc. *is* that arrogant & stupid about things, complaints will be ignored (and excuse will be "inadequate staff").

I for one was NEVER deferring to HQ for how to run the race -- just that we CANNOT win a race without a candidate, and we cannot win without at least SOME presence on the ground, and on the airwaves (preferably with a candidate as a guest on TV news shows, but minimally some TV ads). Otherwise people will start thinking that not only is he NOT running anymore, but that he actually doesn't exist ("those wacko RonPaul types have invented a candidate from thin air!")

The game is basically over. As the NYT online piece already spun it around Midnight last night "Ron Paul is OUT... kind of" -- they seem to be ignoring it today, but within the next few days (when they see NO activity from the RP headquarters) they will confidently make it "official" by televising his exit (and characterizing it as similar to Romney's a "suspension" of campaigning -- and they won't really be lying this time.)

Here in Wisconsin, our primary is now only 10 days away, so we may as well finish the job. But we now have little hope of anything, as the GOP leadership is going to begin PUBLICLY beating the boards for a "unity" behind McCain (mainly for the benefit of their own political careers -- the fools, they are actually committing mass suicide along with JM. Next year anyone who ACTIVELY pushed for McCain will be purged.)

And Santa Claus and the Ether Bunny are not in charge either, so quit dreaming. :eek:

WRellim
02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by WRellim View Post
(In actuality it has always BEEN their show, Ron's name was merely attached in the same way that his name was attached to the LewRockwell racist newsletters 20 years ago; once again

Still behaving like the judge, jury and executioner, I see. :mad:

No, just stating things that are FACTS (instead of delusions and dreams).

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Ummm, Bradley,

Again I WISH what you were saying was true, but it's not. You are seeing what you WANT to see in that letter, but it's NOT THERE.

Elam and Tate are NOT "on top" at Virginia HQ, they are both busy elsewhere.

We have seen changes already: the ads are much better and the campaign started following up on the endorsements we'd been sending our way, etc. I do NOT have rose-colored glasses on and see it for what it is. No, no one has sprinkled pixie dust and made it all better.

Perry
02-09-2008, 10:47 AM

It was after McCain fired his dead weight that his campaign retooled and took off--all the way to presumptive nominee. No more delusions. Realistic, hard-headed thinking. We need to act now, together, to push the rEVOLution forward. Make everything we do count, not just for Ron Paul delegates to the national nominating convention but coupled with other candidates for office (http://www.mckinleyforcongress.com/) to help save our country. EDIT: Dr. Paul as already done so much (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114409)as a Congressman, we need more of us!

Peace and love.

It's too late Bradley.
I have too admit I knew all along this wasn't going to happen but I allowed myself to believe my own lie, not anyone else's lie, about how things were going.
I've been around long enough and knew better but that's what it took to keep me going as the alternative was too painful.
It's too late for a victory and I do believe the U.S. will look somewhat different in four years than it does today.
This was our best opportunity and it is gone.
I will go on and speak the truth but I won't hold out hope that we'll ever get this opportunity again.

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 10:51 AM
What would actually help is for the GOP-loyalist faction of our movement would not slap the other factions at all, for their thinking that Paul running independent would help his GOP prospects. It would help if one group did not high handedly define agreement with them as "moving forward" and disagreement as "giving up."

I do not support our slapping down each other (not that I'm perfect by any stretch of the imagination). I don't know that Dr. Paul will not run as an independent. I DO know we are in the middle of a race for the Republican nomination and need to focus on that task right now.

Dustancostine
02-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Great post Bradley,

It really brought my spirits up. Be sure to let us in on your plan. :)

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Great post Bradley,

It really brought my spirits up. Be sure to let us in on your plan. :)

Don't wait for anything: follow the checklist and get to work!

noztnac
02-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Who's Godot?

...the character from Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot. You should read it.

LABELtheTRAITOR
02-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks... this really pulled me away from the abyss! i recommend everyone post this on their meet-up's page!!!
The rEVOLution is alive and well!!!!!

Sauron
02-09-2008, 11:41 AM
...the character from Samuel Beckett's Waiting for Godot. You should read it.
Ok, read the wiki about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_Godot

Ron Paul could've seriously capitalized on his popularity and momentum and done more to use his personality cult status to spread his message and get more media time. However, judging form the campaign's recent 4-part video series of the history of his campaign on his youtube channel, it seems July 2007 was where that history ended. Why did the history of the campaign end there? Perhaps Paul really wasn't interested in becoming president at all because that's when he really started to have a very good chance of making it.

noztnac
02-09-2008, 11:44 AM
If Ron Paul's goal is to bank on McCain screwing up and then to magically jump Romney and Huckabee and you think that is a wise, realistic strategy then we are clearly not on the same page.

The only realistic chance for Ron Paul to become our next president is to run as either a third party or as an independent. Going after the GOP nomination is a huge gamble on something that is very, very, very unlikely to materialize.

A third party run, on the other hand, offers a very real chance to win but it needs to begin now. Racking up more humiliating losses will greatly undermine the effort.

Right now the conditions are nearly perfect for a third party run. The likely Republican nominee is extremely unpopular with the conservative base. The likely Democratic nominee is extremely unpopular with just about everyone.

We all need to contact the campaign immediately and encourage a third party run.

This is not a top down operation. Ron Paul is a public servant. We have put him in the position he is now in with our tireless efforts and grassroots fundraising. We did not work this hard for him to simply retain his congressional seat. If that were the case it would be the most expensive congressional seat in history.

I personally gave him money to make a strong run at becoming our next president. Right now he appears to not be doing what it takes to become the next president. It is our duty to convince him that we will support a third party run if he has it in him.

partypooper
02-09-2008, 11:45 AM
It's Ron's one TRUE and MAJOR downfall (and a very dangerous one) placing personal loyalty over performance and truth. It was true with Lew Rockwell, and it is true with Kent Snyder and Lew Moore & their gang as well.

i was personally disappointed in dr paul's leadership ability. it is one thing to have a great political philosophy, it's another to have integrity and be a very nice person. but the president also has to be able to hire, fire and give orders; he must be able to monitor the way he is perceived and correct at least some (mis)perceptions. i think dr paul is sorely lacking in these departments and, at the bottom, that's why we accomplished so little compared to what we expected.

i remember reading tucker's piece on dr paul (which was quite positive in intention) and being very worried. for example, tucker reported that dr paul was incapable of deciding whether the lights would be off or on, leaving all decisions to the staff, and spending his dinner time watching the price of gold (how does that help advance the cause?).

i am still angry when i think of how dr paul ruined many of his crucial public appearances, coming unprepared to debates (and as a result, repeating the same cliches over and over, until everybody caught up) and major media interviews (on meet the press, he was clueless about how much would actually be saved by pulling the troops out - a strategy that he himself chose as the cornerstone of his candidacy).

and this is coming from a person who agrees with him on almost all issues. so, ultimately, it is not only about the campaign staff and how incompetent they are. even if they were all fired, even if we had ten times the money we actually have, even if we were fired up as we used to be, it is really the candidate that has weaknesses that make him unelectable, by the republicans or anybody else.

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks... this really pulled me away from the abyss! i recommend everyone post this on their meet-up's page!!!
The rEVOLution is alive and well!!!!!

Great, but if you do, include this checklist.

J Free
02-09-2008, 11:49 AM
noztnac - You are a dangerous fool and a troll. There is no "third-party" anything.

You want people to waste their time contacting the campaign -- rather than contacting voters in their own precincts or organizing to take over their local GOP.

Why don't you STFU.

RockEnds
Exquisite! With your permission, I'd like to use your quote as a signature.

lol. Yes, you can quote me on that.

Sauron
i was personally disappointed in dr paul's leadership ability.
There are real leaders in the cause of freedom. Here's a picture of one.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=leading+freedom&search_type=&search=Search

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 11:50 AM
We all need to contact the campaign immediately and encourage a third party run.

Right now we need to focus on the task at hand: getting as many delegates as possible to the Republican national convention.

Sauron
02-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Right now we need to focus on the task at hand: getting as many delegates as possible to the Republican national convention.
And what's the plan after that? Is that where it ends?

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Of course not. I for one am helping with a Congressional race in VA-10 against an entrenched, big-spending, anti-gun Republican incumbent.

The important thing right now is to focus and get back to work.

bj72
02-09-2008, 01:11 PM

Nope, doesn't end there young grasshoper...

This is about the movement, not just the candidate.

I think what Bradley is trying to say is we need to keep focused on the task at hand first. We need to stick by our candidate in his decisions, and see this through, or what good are we as a movement? What other candidate would want us down the line if we can't stay the course when times get tough? RP is smart...let's back him till this plays out.

This movement is like a child...growing. We need to stop whinning, throwing temper tantrums, and crying. We also need to stop jumping around, settle down, and focus. We need to campaign from now till the convention like we were still garning votes for RP. We need to get the message out. We need to learn to grow into maturity.

We're probably gonna stumble through this a bit the next few weeks, but we need to learn to sharpen our focus, our strategies, etc.

BTW, for all those still speculating on an independent run, since he only mentioned not going 3rd party....while I wouldn't hold your breath, think about it for a minute. If that were to ever happen, it would be best to stay the course, campaign all the way through the convention and try our best to make our voices behind RP heard loud and clear to the Republican party. We would gain nothing by going independent at this junction anyway, as the media would still block him out. If his run stops there, we do not, and the message gets out to many more in the party that this is NOT going away.

However, if McCain becomes a lame-duck by the convention due to massive campaign in the trenches by us (and any turn of event this spring/summer), and general dissatisfaction by many in the party, then who knows...or maybe an "independent Republican" run isn't out of the question. I don't know...anything could happen. Many conservatives are sick of the Republican leadership. I woke out of the fog not so long ago...and I was a hard core party type years ago, but slowly drifting for a while now. There are many more that are just in disbelief right now and upset where this is headed.

Just a very lame analogy...but often it is easier/less costly to keep the foundation of a house (which once was good...very long ago), gut it a bit, and build it back up, then to totally start from scratch (or move to a different foundation). The Republican part hasn't had the proper upkeep for years now. It looks nothing like the original house it was...and while we are at it, we could make the original foundation even better, fill in the cracks, etc, to make it would it could be, not just what it was, we can make it stronger by shoring its base with the Constitution...we can redefine what the house is, and what it looks like to all....if we stay the course.

Bottom line is it wouldn't be in our best interests to do anything now but stay the course till the convention. We just need to sharpen our focus, hunker down, and keep in the overall war. The opponents may take a breather from now till the convention thinking it a lock....grassroots during this time for the message is key. The more people we reach in the mean time, the more pressure on conservative leaders, talk radio, etc. We should in a way be excited. Many can't stand what is going on, and we do have time...time is on our side if we use it wisely. I don't see any of the others going to have the same effectiveness between now and then, because their messages aren't truly different. They all spout change but they aren't.

Real ID's ugly head rearing this spring will help us. RP is the only candidate that spoke out to repeal it. He is the only one that disagrees not just due to funding, but on civil liberties. There are several groups against it, and I'm gonna see if we can't coordinate better across all levels.

Personally, while you need to tailor the message to your audience. I think two things to become well versed on are the economy and Real ID. Both will be playing out in coming months. 2nd amendment right isn't a bad one either. Many in the military have just realized the legislation lately is aimed to try to take away gun rights to those who know how to use them, while they are away defending our country. Many of us in the military are not happy about that, and even some that didn't really care if they were gun owners in the past, are exercising the right to own and purchase now for the first time in a quiet form of peaceful protest....as a way to support the gun shops and others standing up for the 2nd amendment...to show people do still care and purchase guns, and we don't want that right to go away.

Bottom line, we all need to shake off the past week, and get back to work. There are many more to reach.

Sauron
02-09-2008, 01:18 PM
This is about the movement, not just the candidate.
If that is so, does that mean that Ron Paul isn't afraid of having supporters who "muddy the waters" anymore? Is he going to say he needs monetary support from those who he once said he didn't need it from?

Bottom line, we all need to shake off the past week, and get back to work.
I'm not shaking off what Paul said on PBS in December, when he said he didn't need money and support from certain people who already gave him lots of money and support.

WRellim
02-09-2008, 03:03 PM
i was personally disappointed in dr paul's leadership ability. it is one thing to have a great political philosophy, it's another to have integrity and be a very nice person. but the president also has to be able to hire, fire and give orders; he must be able to monitor the way he is perceived and correct at least some (mis)perceptions. i think dr paul is sorely lacking in these departments and, at the bottom, that's why we accomplished so little compared to what we expected.

i remember reading tucker's piece on dr paul (which was quite positive in intention) and being very worried. for example, tucker reported that dr paul was incapable of deciding whether the lights would be off or on, leaving all decisions to the staff, and spending his dinner time watching the price of gold (how does that help advance the cause?).

i am still angry when i think of how dr paul ruined many of his crucial public appearances, coming unprepared to debates (and as a result, repeating the same cliches over and over, until everybody caught up) and major media interviews (on meet the press, he was clueless about how much would actually be saved by pooling the troops out - a strategy that he himself chose as the cornerstone of his candidacy).

and this is coming from a person who agrees with him on almost all issues. so, ultimately, it is not only about the campaign staff and how incompetent they are. even if they were all fired, even if we had ten times the money we actually have, even if we were fired up as we used to be, it is really the candidate that has weaknesses that make him unelectable, by the republicans or anybody else.

Yes, to me one of the GREATEST disappointments was the loss of my (admittedly forlorn) hope that Mark Sanford (SC Gov) would in the week before the SC Primary endorse Ron Paul.

Then he would have been an excellent (and loyal) choice for a VP -- bringing MUCH needed managerial and executive experience with him -- and if the team won, a shoe in for the following term (because Ron would do 1 term and then hand over the reigns).

Plus, his endorsement MIGHT have had a significant impact on the SC Primary (I understand he IS fairly popular there, and is known for doing things "dramatically" and "differently" -- gotta love the man for the thing with the live pigs in the legislature!). I think this WAS planned, but he balked when Ron's numbers didn't happen in NH and SC. (Even a 2nd or 3rd in NH and he might have bought in!)

And it is SAD that the man didn't "guts" it anyway... if nothing else, it would have ENDEARED the man to everyone in the Ron Paul Movement... and 4 years from now we would have had our man! (Younger, more charismatic, more professional, but still VERY Ron Paul philosophy based in word AND deed... PLUS being a former Governor, he would come as a "Washington outsider" and with executive experience to boot! A WIN on all counts.)

But unfortunately, he decided to play "political poker" career wise -- and bet on the wrong sides (he was reportedly being courted by both Giuliani and Romney... and look where THAT got him... exactly nowhere). So he'd have a difficult time begin "our man" now, since when he needed to stand up and "be counted" he failed of the courage. Foolish man, big miscalculation.

LukeNM
02-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Why is this made a STICKY from a disgruntled ex Ron Paul campaign worker? This guy does not speak for me! Please report this to the moderators...

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Why is this made a STICKY from a disgruntled ex Ron Paul campaign worker? This guy does not speak for me! Please report this to the moderators...

Luke, I'm neither disgruntled nor a former campaign worker and never claimed to speak for you... but you can report any post or thread by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right.

noztnac
02-09-2008, 04:59 PM
noztnac - You are a dangerous fool and a troll. There is no "third-party" anything.

You want people to waste their time contacting the campaign -- rather than contacting voters in their own precincts or organizing to take over their local GOP.

Why don't you STFU.

You want Ron Paul to continue to the convention in order to rake in more cash for his congressional run. I think that's disingenuous and a slap in the face to the revolution.
Ron Paul could win every single precinct in every single state and he would not be the nominee. Participating in the GOP at this stage is detrimental to the movement. We are only racking up more and more losses and securing the perception that we are fringe losers. I did not give money to the campaign just to secure a congressional seat for Ron Paul. He said something about his opponents laughing with glee. So he's basically admitting that the GOP are his opponents. He has the chance to bring them to grinding halt with a third party run. And yet there are people on this forum who are content with having spent over 20 million dollars to secure one lousy house seat for a party we don't even support. That's just insanity! It's time to break the GOP, not to subsidize them with one of our best.

WRellim
02-09-2008, 05:16 PM
We have seen changes already: the ads are much better and the campaign started following up on the endorsements we'd been sending our way, etc. I do NOT have rose-colored glasses on and see it for what it is. No, no one has sprinkled pixie dust and made it all better.

Actually, I would partially agree, but also partially disagree.

The recent set of ads are certainly CHEAPER than the $1.5M "He's catching on" fiasco.

And they are DEFINITELY more professional in quality.

But as far as being "effective" campaign ads... well, they fall short of the mark. Overall, the TV ads are somewhat depressing (if you pay attention to them), and they are blase, boring, typical, background noise (for those who are not "really" watching). In short, they still have no real "punch" to them, and were definitely NOT run by any focus groups or any other standard testing (I'm sure there wasn't time, as these were "rushed" replacement ads done on a tight budget).

The only one that is halfway decent is the most recent 1 minute Radio ad. That manages to be interesting, informative, and uplifting -- it makes you want to like the guy... if they wanted GOOD TV ads, they'd simply add some visuals to that.

Go compare them to Obama's ads some time. Those are not only CHEAP, Professional... but they are also uplifting, positive, and EFFECTIVE in making you LIKE the guy and WANT to vote for him (regardless of the fact that the "message" really doesn't say anything at all.)

TexMac
02-09-2008, 05:47 PM

Peace and love.

For a guy who rants about "delusions" and "deceptions" you seem to be suffering a few yourself. Here's what Daniel McCarthy posted today on the official campaign blog:

A few news sources are misreporting Ron Paul’s e-mail from last night. The presidential campaign is not ending, not being suspended, and not even drawing down. It’s slimming down and ramping up — with over twenty states having already voted, we’ve shed staff, and we’re concentrating financial and organization resources on the remaining states. We’re going to the convention, and we’re fighting for every vote and every National Delegate along the way.

Republicans do not want John McCain to be their nominee. He has only been able to become the front-runner because the field was so divided and because he’s a media darling. We can see just how unpopular McCain is in the heartland by his performance in the Kansas caucuses today. Kansans resoundingly rejected the Arizona senator (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/02/09/huckabee_wins_kansas_caucus.html), and McCain’s big wins so far have mostly been in blue states — states he won’t win in November if, heaven forbid, he’s the Republican nominee.

Republicans want and need an alternative. Some people think Mike Huckabee provides an alternative to McCain. But Huckabee, who now tries to sound like Ron Paul when he talks about abolishing the IRS, raised taxes in Arkansas and vastly expanded spending in that state when he was its governor. Huckabee is no alternative at all. Ron Paul, on the other hand, has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget or for an unconstitutional war or government program.

At stake here is not just the Republican nomination — which McCain still has not locked up — but the future of the Republican Party and, much more importantly, the future of our liberties. We have to organize in every single state, including the ones that have already voted in the primaries and caucuses, to continue the fight to take back the Republican Party and to ensure that Ron Paul’s principles, the principles of Washington and Jefferson, prevail. For the sake of that cause, Ron Paul’s campaign continues, all the way to the convention.
It seems to me that you read RP's email and saw what you wanted in it, which is that official campaign people are being purged, leaving a power vacuum that you have rushed toward.

I think you're wrong. All they have done is close offices in states where caucuses and primaries are over. Maybe you can still ride Elam's coattails into the campaign, but I doubt it. More likely you just jumped the shark. Ron Paul rewards loyalty as you should know.

What did you ever do with that petition you were plumping? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1001695&postcount=1) Did it ever go anywhere or was it yet another waste of time? What about the DC delegate drive that had to be done at the last minute because you didn't get it done? What about that letter that you had people sign on google docs that never reached Ron Paul but went to Mark Elam instead?

I see a lot of talk and no action. And apparently this post full of hot air and self important rhetoric is so valuable that it has to be stickied. That's the sort of thing that makes me despair about this forum sometimes.

A lot of good has been accomplished here but a lot of time has been wasted with opportunistic projects that appear designed more for self aggrandizement than anything helpful.

Bradley in DC
02-09-2008, 06:48 PM
I think you're wrong. All they have done is close offices in states where caucuses and primaries are over. Maybe you can still ride Elam's coattails into the campaign, but I doubt it. More likely you just jumped the shark. Ron Paul rewards loyalty as you should know.

It is true I've been working with Mr. Elam who has been loyal to Dr. Paul from before he accompanied Dr. Paul when he led the Texas delegation to the national convention in 1976 for Reagan--and you remind me of the Reagan's admonishment about liberals from A Time for Choosing (http://www.reaganlibrary.com/reagan/speeches/rendezvous.asp), the problem is that you know so much that isn't true. But I guess if you're the gatekeeper of everything that Dr. Paul is allowed to read or not...:rolleyes:

Bradley in DC
02-10-2008, 11:09 AM
It seems to me that you read RP's email and saw what you wanted in it, which is that official campaign people are being purged, leaving a power vacuum that you have rushed toward.

What did you ever do with that petition you were plumping? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=1001695&postcount=1) Did it ever go anywhere or was it yet another waste of time? What about the DC delegate drive that had to be done at the last minute because you didn't get it done? What about that letter that you had people sign on google docs that never reached Ron Paul but went to Mark Elam instead?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117692

Paul's spokesman Jesse Benton said the national staff would likely be reduced from 150 to about 50, with those who worked in the Super Tuesday primaries in states such as California being let go.

"In addition, Benton said, he and other national staffers will transfer to Paul's congressional re-election operation....read the rest:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/019317.html

And if you're proof that I'm disloyal is helping to put up a web petition wishing Ron and Carol well at the urging of Dr. Paul's Lake Jackson, Texas political machine with Lew Rockwell's people, then sure, by that definition, I'm disloyal. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
No, just stating things that are FACTS (instead of delusions and dreams).

No. You have no proof that Lew Rockwell wrote those letters. Lew has said he did not. Apparently, you have chosen to believe otherwise, which is your right, but don't come on here making unsubstantiated allegations and claiming they are facts.

raiha
02-10-2008, 12:48 PM
At this stage, I prefer to reserve judgement about who and who is not correct on this score. No movement is perfect. It does not mean that the people are a bunch of idiots although idiots abound in all movements. It is integrity and honesty that are important. Give me an honest idiot any day to a slick businessman. One thing i do not want to see is one great schism between Grassroots and HQ. Bradley from DC, your post may be accurate but i have no way of verifying it and i would like to hear from Dr Paul himself whether he has confidence in his people or not. Until such time any splitting is schismatic and i have seen an organization completely destroyed because of it.

There is nothing more detrimental than a revolution within a revolution and it is a recipe for failure. It is a recipe for destruction. Bide your time and find out from more people what is going on.

rprprs
02-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Forgive me for coming so late to this thread, but I felt compelled to comment on the following quote:

I was stunned to read this, because it echoed an exact thought that had previously occurred to me. Thank you, RockEnds, for putting it to words, and far more eloquently than I was capable. The enthusiasm you express is the very backbone of this effort. However flawed this campaign, it is, indeed, sad that the enthusiasm of so many has waned and been derailed by far less momentous occurrences than the one you have envisioned. I am proud to be among those who will not, so easily, be dissuaded.