PDA

View Full Version : Lets Win Tx

VRP08
02-09-2008, 12:39 AM
We need to work very hard in TX! We CAN win this! We MUST do it for Dr. Paul!

I'm in TN and am calling random people in TX! Need ideas what else I can do besides the internet and calls. :D

Bruno
02-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Calls are quicker but door to door is pretty effective.

VRP08
02-09-2008, 12:43 AM
are there an famous or important people I can contact via email phone letter??? Please help me gather info for all of us who don't live in TX! What else can we do?

VRP08
02-09-2008, 12:52 AM

sidster
02-09-2008, 12:53 AM
I thought there were specific call lists available to you through the
official campaign site ... here from the official campaign site:

The Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign is pleased to announce that we are now seeking volunteers to serve as designated "Precinct Leaders" across America. As a Precinct Leader, your goal is to win Dr. Paul a victory in your precinct, by identifying supporters, winning a few undecided voters, and reminding them get to the polls on Election Day.

Precincts can be won with just a small number of voters. The goal is to find voters who support Paul's message, win the undecided vote, and remind them to vote. Ideally, you can contact each voter in your precinct; however, any amount of usage you get from this system will benefit the campaign, and we strongly recommend that you sign up.

If you are ready to do this, please complete this form. Instructions for accessing the Precinct Leader System will be emailed to you immediately.

Source: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Royksopp
02-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Give us the boost needed for the next moneybomb/march.

Vox Populi
02-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Are we shooting for Ron Paul for Congress or President here?

I'm for Ron Paul for President.

Airborn
02-09-2008, 01:21 AM

It will be way worst to loose his seat for congress, when the run the president is very slim. But anyway this thread was about the texas primary.

Danny Molina
02-09-2008, 01:24 AM

To keep the freedom movement going we have to keep Dr. Paul's seat in congress if he doesn't win the presidency. We also have to get other like-minded people in office. You've been awfully troll-like in Dr. Paul's congress thread.

VRP08
02-09-2008, 01:26 AM

I was talking about running for President and I strongly believe our energy should go towards TX.

Vox Populi
02-09-2008, 01:26 AM
It will be way worst to loose his seat for congress, when the run the president is very slim. But anyway this thread was about the texas primary.

Fuck you and Ron Paul for Congress. That is not what I signed up for.

Ron Paul for President!

Here's a quote:

"Let me tell you my thoughts. With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero.

>

But I am a Republican, and I will remain a Republican.

I also have another priority. I have constituents in my home district that I must serve. I cannot and will not let them down. And I have another battle I must face here as well. If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat, all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas. I cannot and will not let that happen." - Ron Paul

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/message-from-ro.html

Fuck that shit.

Airborn
02-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Fuck you and Ron Paul for Congress. That is not what I signed up for.

Ron Paul for President!

Here's a quote:

"Let me tell you my thoughts. With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero.

>

But I am a Republican, and I will remain a Republican.

I also have another priority. I have constituents in my home district that I must serve. I cannot and will not let them down. And I have another battle I must face here as well. If I were to lose the primary for my congressional seat, all our opponents would react with glee, and pretend it was a rejection of our ideas. I cannot and will not let that happen." - Ron Paul

http://ronpaul2008.typepad.com/ron_paul_2008/2008/02/message-from-ro.html

Fuck that shit.

If you feel that way, what are you doing here? Ron has said over and over that the message is what is important here, this is a long term revolution. I agree with what Ron said, there is a slim chance for him to be president. But he will stay in it to keep the message spreading. Do you want Ron to lose in seat in congress? Without his past history of congress, this would have never got started. He needs to keep his seat in congress. President, yeh would have been better. But as you can see, the chances for that are too slim. If Ron loses his seat for congress, then we really fail. WE NEED TO KEEP FIGHTING.

Bruno
02-09-2008, 01:41 AM
If you feel that way, what are you doing here? Ron has said over and over that the message is what is important here, this is a long term revolution. I agree with what Ron said, there is a slim chance for him to be president. But he will stay in it to keep the message spreading. Do you want Ron to lose in seat in congress? Without his past history of congress, this would have never got started. He needs to keep his seat in congress. President, yeh would have been better. But as you can see, the chances for that are too slim. If Ron loses his seat for congress, then we really fail. WE NEED TO KEEP FIGHTING.

It was also a message to his constituents and the Republican Party. Nothing wrong with that. I didn't read into it that he is quitting by any stretch of the imagination.

jblosser
02-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Texas needs money and volunteers on the ground. Give to the campaign or PM me for local PAC info.

Airborn
02-09-2008, 01:44 AM
It was also a message to his constituents and the Republican Party. Nothing wrong with that. I didn't read into it that he is quitting by any stretch of the imagination.

your right, he isn't quitting. he is just being realistic. Quitting would be not worring about winning his re-election for congress. He will still stay in the president race to sread the message.

Vox Populi
02-09-2008, 01:50 AM

Fuck Ron Paul's congressional seat. It won't save America, and there's 30 years of that you can look back on. What's he gonna do in Congress now? Serve a couple of terms and retire in solace in hopes that "the revolution" will carry on? Besides, he can run Indy for Congress or find a different official position with higher influence.

More important is Ron Paul for PRESIDENT!

I'm not trying to play down the efforts of people getting involved in "taking back" the GOP, but that will take many years and has less of a chance than a Ron Paul win in the general election for president.

Hook
02-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Fuck Ron Paul's congressional seat. It won't save America, and there's 30 years of that you can look back on. What's he gonna do in Congress now? Serve a couple of terms and retire in solace in hopes that "the revolution" will carry on? Besides, he can run Indy for Congress or find a different official position with higher influence.

I'm not trying to play down the efforts of people getting involved in "taking back" the GOP, but that will take many years and has less of a chance than a Ron Paul win in the general election for president.

I know you are upset, but this is the most logical thing to do. Keeping his congressional seat at least allows him to influence votes by speaking in the House for/against bills.

Enzo
02-09-2008, 02:06 AM

Guess what? You don't have to support Ron Paul's congressional seat.

We are all now aware that you don't think it's important.

But please stop crapping on our parade. We do think it's important.

I am not giving up on The Presidential campaign either.

VRP08
02-19-2008, 11:43 PM

AJ Antimony
02-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Hmmm. At least do the campaigning in the big cities. An idea I just got typing this response is maybe walk with Ron Paul signs during rush hour where there's tons of cars everywhere parked in the streets on their way to work/home.

terlinguatx
02-20-2008, 12:29 AM

Akus
02-20-2008, 12:32 AM
I voted in the early Primary vote. For some reason, in the President section, I am still given a choice between our guy, Guliani, Duncan Hunter, Fred Thompson and a lot of other dudes that are long gone. Why are they there when they dropped out? I don't understand.

hyoomen
02-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Filing deadline was a while back. I'm not certain of the specific rules, but if you pay to be on the ballot and get access, I agree with leaving the person on.