PDA

View Full Version : There is another...

ArrestPoliticians
02-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Obviously not the credentials of a Ron Paul, but Jesse Ventura is the best we can do for a 2012 run while Rand Paul gets more political experience and we continue to add Congressmen to the fold. He is:

-Pro drug legalization

-Pro-Constitution(not as literal as Paul, but gets most of it right)

-Anti-war

-Pro-Civil liberties

-Anti-CIA

-ex-Navy Seal

-National Name recognition(doesnt need media as badly)

-GREAT public speaker and debater

-Not an insider

I have read his book, he is a great guy, so I would appreciate those of you who are not familiar with him to hold your tongue.

He has expressed interest in running.

I will admit he has some flaws, but they are not insurmountable:

-Not a moral icon like Dr. Paul

-Doesnt portray sense of wisdom, very brutish(though hilarious and highly empowering) demeanor...then again, his political polar opposite Ron Paul got nailed for not being enough of an asshole...maybe the American people need to be smashed in the mouth verbally by Jesse.

-Wont run as RP Republican, probably would go third party or indy.

-May not be as anti-Globalist as I'd like.

I am not saying he is a replacement for Dr. Paul. I think RP is one of the greatest American politicians of all time, certainly in the top 5. However, to hold us over until another virtuous and true candidate comes along, I would be more than happy to stand with Jesse against the Establishment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2weLS5gJ4

bcreps85
02-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Well, I will say this. If there are no good candidates, I will write in Ron Paul in protest if he does not get the nomination.

On the other hand, if there is a good, but somewhat flawed person running, it might not be a bad choice. Lets face it, someone who is slightly less than perfect is still multitudes better than Osama, Hitlery, McWar, or Huckleberry...would probably be just as good of a protest vote. Whatever happens however, we should coordinate our efforts.

Future4u
02-09-2008, 12:46 AM
I like Jesse Ventura . He definately says it like it is and can hold his own in a debate with anyone . He should make a run for Congress

nate895
02-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I don't like him, he isn't pro-life, and I will never cast a vote for someone who isn't pro-life.

militant
02-09-2008, 01:34 AM

not much else needs said. the man has it right. if he were more presentable, more experienced..

RonPaulwillWin
02-09-2008, 02:01 AM
I don't like him, he isn't pro-life, and I will never cast a vote for someone who isn't pro-life.

Thats what is so magical about Ron Paul...he brings everybody together. This is a perfect example of why some guy with SOME of RPs qualities will never have the same grouping power as Ron Paul does. A lot of people would split in different directions :(

No1ButPaul08
02-09-2008, 02:06 AM

not much else needs said. the man has it right. if he were more presentable, more experienced..

He's been a governor, more experienced than Obama

Archie
02-09-2008, 02:09 AM
yeah Ventura while great at shooting straight is a "one trick pony" he is still sold on some of his "leftist" big gov't tripe and untill he escaped the Whoredom of big gov't crapola he just wont get alot of RP supporters backing , Maybe he can Pull a romney and change his views on big gov't and globalism but untill then he is just a "ONE TRICK PONY"

Gotta give him major respect though Navy Seal,Pro-wrestling superstar,and then Governor he does have alot of drive..

No1ButPaul08
02-09-2008, 02:14 AM
I really like Jesse, he tells it how it is. If we really want to support a non-Ron third party option, Jesse might be a good option. For one, he is WILLING TO RUN. His new book, Don't Start the REVOLUTION Without Me, has a chapter about a hypothetical 2008 run for President.

BigRedBrent
02-09-2008, 02:19 AM
If this is true then WHY THE HELL ISN'T HE ENDORSING AND SUPPORTING RON PAUL AS MUCH AS HE CAN???

With him at Paul's side we would have A LOT more exposure.

Perry
02-09-2008, 02:20 AM
Last time I saw Jesse Venture he was totally and completely defeated. He looked as if the system had beat him and he had given up completely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI8hfgad5Sc

tomjammarsh
02-09-2008, 02:38 AM
One person at a time.

Let's finish this campaign through first, then move on to the next one.

Woohooo!

ZzzImAsleep
02-09-2008, 02:50 AM
"I ain't got time to bleed!"

ArrestPoliticians
02-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Thats what is so magical about Ron Paul...he brings everybody together. This is a perfect example of why some guy with SOME of RPs qualities will never have the same grouping power as Ron Paul does. A lot of people would split in different directions :(

This is why RP's book can act as a sort of litmus test for viability of our new candidates.

stevedasbach
02-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Another possibility is former Governor Gary Johnson (NM). He served two terms, was elected without the help of the political establishment, was nicknamed "Governor Veto", has publicly stated that the War of Drugs is a failure and should be ended. Best of all, he publicly endorsed Ron Paul for President.

golf247
02-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Anyone but Ventura. I didn't care for him as governor at all.

ArrestPoliticians
02-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Another possibility is former Governor Gary Johnson (NM). He served two terms, was elected without the help of the political establishment, was nicknamed "Governor Veto", has publicly stated that the War of Drugs is a failure and should be ended. Best of all, he publicly endorsed Ron Paul for President.

Anyone who endorsed Ron Paul should be considered.

libertea
02-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Jesse would be much harder for MSM to ignore.

crashm1
02-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Anyone but Ventura. I didn't care for him as governor at all.

Why? I thought he did pretty well, I als found his arguements with the legislature refreshing.

defe07
02-09-2008, 01:14 PM
What about a Gary Johnson/Jesse Ventura 3rd party/Independent ticket?

slantedview
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM

not that i am defending jesse or anything, but i completely disagree with your statement. this kind of sentiment is how we wound up with bush, twice.

let me put it this way, if it were between a pro-life pro-hitler candidate and a pro-choice pro-freedom candidate, i suppose you'd vote in the pro-hitler candidate?

this logic doesn't hold up and is part of the problem, IMO. you CAN'T allow yourself to get hung up on one issue if your vote winds up doing more damage than good.

TheTyke
02-09-2008, 05:12 PM
I disagree.... if you can't defend the most helpless of people from attack, you can't expect anyone to. It's really an indispensible part of a "freedom candidate", whether one realizes it or not.

I didn't vote for Bush, because the Bushes had past ties with Planned Parenthood and pro-abortion leanings. The problem is more that people don't do their research, and they compromise by thinking "Well gee, he's the best I can get, and he's the only one who can win."

Compromising your beliefs is the heart of getting bad elected officials.

Radiofoot
02-09-2008, 06:30 PM
I disagree.... if you can't defend the most helpless of people from attack, you can't expect anyone to. It's really an indispensible part of a "freedom candidate", whether one realizes it or not.

I didn't vote for Bush, because the Bushes had past ties with Planned Parenthood and pro-abortion leanings. The problem is more that people don't do their research, and they compromise by thinking "Well gee, he's the best I can get, and he's the only one who can win."

Compromising your beliefs is the heart of getting bad elected officials.

Soooo basically, you're going to vote for anyone who's pro-life regardless of their policies?

And you're making a MASSIVE assumption about human nature. Just because someone's pro-choice it DOES NOT mean they're not caring and not willing to stand for freedom. Your stereotyping of people who believe in pro-choice is sickening and ignorant. Grow up.

TheTyke
02-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Quite the contrary. I won't vote for someone who works to defend abortion, even if they claim to be a "freedom candidate" - but I probably wouldn't vote for a "pro-lifer" who would work against freedom (such as Huckabee).

I'm not going to sacrifice some of my beliefs to advance one thing that's important to me... that's what got our country in this mess to begin with, isn't it?