PDA

View Full Version : Political Action Group

jarofclay
02-09-2008, 12:12 AM
A local meetup group member is asking about how to go about starting a political action group for collecting funds for projects. Is this needed? If so, does anyone have information on getting started. Thanks in advance.

jarofclay
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
//

mysticgeek
02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
bump because this is a fantastic idea! I am not sure where to begin with something like this.

Cal Mabus
02-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Google "How to start a Political Action Committee".

We started the Illinois Patriots PAC by starting with that search.

You'll find a lot of links to learn from.

It cost $50.00 to register a PAC. You are only official after raising or spending $1000.00 of which you have like 10 days to report the transaction. You can also expand your PAC to include additional branches or subsidiaries of a corporation. These are determined by being either a connected or non-connected PAC of the corporation.

We intend to use the Corporation to expand PACs throughout Illinois and continue to organize through establishing Upper, middle, and lower regions of the state, then on to district or county leaders, on down to precinct leaders on to voters. I noticed every precinct that had active leaders that had worked 100% of their precinct, votes were in the 18 to 24 % range as compare where there were no leaders running in the 1-3% range. Imagine how the vote would have turned out if there were leaders in every precinct throughout every state. We accomplished the 18-24% vote within just a couple of weeks before Super Tuesday. Just think if we would have been able to work our precincts for 6 months, keeping everyone informed of what was really going on. Each leader must get to know everyone in their precinct and work to win it. Every county or district leader must work to win it. The sum total must be to win every election for the candidates we will be supporting.

We need to continue getting the constitutional messages of freedom and liberty out, as Ron Paul has stated. The grassroots needs to be getting ready to be on the offensive for (general election if that should still come to pass) but more importantly be a well established organization throughout each state to be able to campaign effectively at any level of government election.

We do not want to continue inventing the wheel, election after election, being on the defense, trying to get organized, but have the wheel and offense already in place from here on out.

We are in the think tank mode at this time with such things mapping out the state wide structure, web-site improvements, board members, bylaws, membership and various level and participation and membership dues and fees for operation cost, critical strategy with password only accessibility for leaders and not for general public viewing, etc, etc. There is a lot to think about and organize before a total state wide lunch.

We hope to get this organized before we loose the contact availability generated from the Ron Paul campaign. This is what every state needs to be working on, then all link up to a national level of ongoing organization. All for the purpose of getting the vote for constitutional leaders in office.

Will this all materialize? Only time and sincere effort will tell.

The US Patriots movement must continue.

But the real change must begin first in our hearts. And that change must be what our hearts think about the true holy God of scripture. Without that heart change to glorify Him with the work He has given us to do, then it is all for vanity...self. And we will loose our country completely to the hands of wickedness. Currently the only reason we have any freedom at all is because of His restraining grace on evil, of which He has been in the process removing because of sin and unbelief. We have a God that truly gives His creation the desires of their hearts, and when a nation desires self righteousness and self government over the righteousness of His Son, Jesus Christ, and His government and law in our lives, then the nations will receive their hearts desire. You see, true religion and politics can never be separated.

I pray this inspires you to continue, as Gods Word teaches us, "Seek ye the kingdom of God 1st in all you do and all else shall be added unto you". Notice what the verse also says... Don't seek the Lord 1st and it will not be given to you. Now multiply this as a nation. This is why we loose our freedoms.

jarofclay
02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Many Thanks! God bless!

TruthAtLast
02-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Thank you Cal Mabus. You are doing exactly what I've been talking about.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116908

Let me know how I can help build the organization and long-term strategy.

Will there be transparency in fund raising so people feel more comfortable about donating and where the money is going?
Is there a Board of Directors to manage and focus the overall national strategy?
Is there an official list of Congressmen we should be supporting?
Is a subscription-based funding system in place to take monthly donations?
Is there a percentage that would go to a future war chest vs funding local and state elections?
Have we made a list of the advertising medium that the campaign will cover and begin building those relationships with local and national advertising agencies?
Is there a way to register local precinct leaders and district leaders (outside of the RonPaul website) to begin building the infrastructure?

Google "How to start a Political Action Committee".

We started the Illinois Patriots PAC by starting with that search.

You'll find a lot of links to learn from.

It cost $50.00 to register a PAC. You are only official after raising or spending $1000.00 of which you have like 10 days to report the transaction. You can also expand your PAC to include additional branches or subsidiaries of a corporation. These are determined by being either a connected or non-connected PAC of the corporation.

We intend to use the Corporation to expand PACs throughout Illinois and continue to organize through establishing Upper, middle, and lower regions of the state, then on to district or county leaders, on down to precinct leaders on to voters. I noticed every precinct that had active leaders that had worked 100% of their precinct, votes were in the 18 to 24 % range as compare where there were no leaders running in the 1-3% range. Imagine how the vote would have turned out if there were leaders in every precinct throughout every state. We accomplished the 18-24% vote within just a couple of weeks before Super Tuesday. Just think if we would have been able to work our precincts for 6 months, keeping everyone informed of what was really going on. Each leader must get to know everyone in their precinct and work to win it. Every county or district leader must work to win it. The sum total must be to win every election for the candidates we will be supporting.

We need to continue getting the constitutional messages of freedom and liberty out, as Ron Paul has stated. The grassroots needs to be getting ready to be on the offensive for (general election if that should still come to pass) but more importantly be a well established organization throughout each state to be able to campaign effectively at any level of government election.

We do not want to continue inventing the wheel, election after election, being on the defense, trying to get organized, but have the wheel and offense already in place from here on out.

We are in the think tank mode at this time with such things mapping out the state wide structure, web-site improvements, board members, bylaws, membership and various level and participation and membership dues and fees for operation cost, critical strategy with password only accessibility for leaders and not for general public viewing, etc, etc. There is a lot to think about and organize before a total state wide lunch.

We hope to get this organized before we loose the contact availability generated from the Ron Paul campaign. This is what every state needs to be working on, then all link up to a national level of ongoing organization. All for the purpose of getting the vote for constitutional leaders in office.

Will this all materialize? Only time and sincere effort will tell.

The US Patriots movement must continue.

But the real change must begin first in our hearts. And that change must be what our hearts think about the true holy God of scripture. Without that heart change to glorify Him with the work He has given us to do, then it is all for vanity...self. And we will loose our country completely to the hands of wickedness. Currently the only reason we have any freedom at all is because of His restraining grace on evil, of which He has been in the process removing because of sin and unbelief. We have a God that truly gives His creation the desires of their hearts, and when a nation desires self righteousness and self government over the righteousness of His Son, Jesus Christ, and His government and law in our lives, then the nations will receive their hearts desire. You see, true religion and politics can never be separated.

I pray this inspires you to continue, as Gods Word teaches us, "Seek ye the kingdom of God 1st in all you do and all else shall be added unto you". Notice what the verse also says... Don't seek the Lord 1st and it will not be given to you. Now multiply this as a nation. This is why we loose our freedoms.

Cal Mabus
02-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Let me know how I can help build the organization and long-term strategy. Contact me direct. Cal

Will there be transparency in fund raising so people feel more comfortable about donating and where the money is going? There would have to be.
Is there a Board of Directors to manage and focus the overall national strategy? Most definitely, By the way I like the "takebackyourcountry.com" site name for a national web site. Each state organization site could be linked from there.
Is there an official list of Congressmen we should be supporting? There was a link to a list of Ron Paul Republicans here in the forums last week or so. But yes we should always be researching candidates, even meeting them until they start seeking our organization for support if they pass a constitutional litmus test. As well, each state, county and local elections need be supported, again with infrastructure already in place at those levels.
Is a subscription-based funding system in place to take monthly donations? Monthly and/or annually. I believe all members at the various levels have an appropriate dues structure. I also believe when people are involved financially they take their volunteer work more seriously, also keep their membership records updated when they move or change phone numbers, etc..
Is there a percentage that would go to a future war chest vs funding local and state elections? There would have to be.
Have we made a list of the advertising medium that the campaign will cover and begin building those relationships with local and national advertising agencies? Will need to be various assistants doing this kind of research and public relations work.
Is there a way to register local precinct leaders and district leaders (outside of the RonPaul website) to begin building the infrastructure? Yea, this is something we will be talking to our web master in a few days. Not only a national register but also filtered down to each state into each level of region, district, county and precinct work.

Will contact anyone who contacts me personally. Also by looking at your link provided, we may have the beginning starting to assemble already. Is there anyone else already looking into this type of organization either locally or with a broader vision yet?

AFM
02-09-2008, 07:40 PM
We can do this.
FOR LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benphranks
02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Will contact anyone who contacts me personally. Also by looking at your link provided, we may have the beginning starting to assemble already. Is there anyone else already looking into this type of organization either locally or with a broader vision yet?

YES!

We are very interested in moving down this path.

Cal Mabus
02-09-2008, 08:11 PM
We need to use this thread to begin acquiring those who want to be national board members and state leaders. I do not want to discuss anything else on an open forum like this. For now I can be a point of contact via personal email. I will have questions for you. One step at a time. Cal.

Cal Mabus
02-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Bump