PDA

View Full Version : Neo-con Ann Coulter actually says something nice about Ron Paul

LibertyOrDeath1776
02-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Was anyone watching C-Span around 12:40am? Ann Coulter is on and while I am sick and tired of her neo-con perspective about the war and her ignorance about most other things a person in the audience asked her about supporting the one and only true conservative left. Her response went something like this.

" Ron Paul is a very smart man and if we could get him to do domestic policy I would love that. He is the kind of person I can't watch too long because I'm afraid he will convince me that he is right. But I cannot disagree with him more on foreign policy because he believes if we just leave the crazies alone they won't attack us"

She also said she thought he was an isolationist. I wish she would get her head out of her ass for a few minutes and actually read something that wasn't published by the neo-cons.

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2008, 11:52 PM
they like people we all will gradually come around... our steadfastness gives them constant exposure to our ideas.. and in time they will see it. Its a gradual process..

nate895
02-08-2008, 11:53 PM
This is why Ron Paul ran as a Republican.

itsnobody
02-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Anne Coulter has a lot of libertarian leanings on a lot of issues...so this is to be expected

oh yeah, YOUTUBE

ChooseLiberty
02-09-2008, 08:15 AM
I happened to be watching that and was shocked. She basically said she would endorse/vote for RP except for the war on terra.

OTOH, she can now be extremely generous to other candidates since she hates McPain.

To bad it was too short and an unexpected response to audience questions for anyone to probably youtube it.

Was anyone watching C-Span around 12:40am? Ann Coulter is on and while I am sick and tired of her neo-con perspective about the war and her ignorance about most other things a person in the audience asked her about supporting the one and only true conservative left. Her response went something like this.

" Ron Paul is a very smart man and if we could get him to do domestic policy I would love that. He is the kind of person I can't watch too long because I'm afraid he will convince me that he is right. But I cannot disagree with him more on foreign policy because he believes if we just leave the crazies alone they won't attack us"

She also said she thought he was an isolationist. I wish she would get her head out of her ass for a few minutes and actually read something that wasn't published by the neo-cons.

Thomas Paine
02-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Ann Coulter is a babe!

ambiguousscion
02-09-2008, 08:19 AM
That is the main reason RP doesn't get votes... the war. If he didn't emphasize it so much, he could have got a lot more votes, but instead it is a major part of his platform.

Molly1
02-09-2008, 08:27 AM
That is the main reason RP doesn't get votes... the war. If he didn't emphasize it so much, he could have got a lot more votes, but instead it is a major part of his platform.

well this little problem that we are going broke and no longer have the money to police the world...:rolleyes::)

Ann Coulter is an idiot. She'd vote for Hilary rather than the only conservative in her party? I wonder who pays her salary.:mad:

cjhowe
02-09-2008, 08:30 AM

The war is the economy. You cannot separate the two

Truth Warrior
02-09-2008, 08:43 AM
From Ann's incorrect viewpoint and perspective, Ron's foreign policy must certainly appear to be "isolationist", in comparison.

itsnobody
02-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Youtube

ambiguousscion
02-09-2008, 08:47 AM
well this little problem that we are going broke and no longer have the money to police the world...:rolleyes::)

Ann Coulter is an idiot. She'd vote for Hilary rather than the only conservative in her party? I wonder who pays her salary.:mad:

I'm not saying I disagree with his foreign policy, I'm saying that many Republicans were convinced that they had to agree with Bush and most Republicans on the war... this is the fruit "partisanship" eventually bears... Red vs Blue thoughtlessness.

LEK
02-09-2008, 08:49 AM
She said:

But I cannot disagree with him more on foreign policy because he believes if we just leave the crazies alone they won't attack us"

It's safe now to talk about him - it's perceived he isn't a threat to the election anymore.

If we fear the "crazies" - WHY ARE OUR BORDERS WIDE OPEN? Perhaps her fellow neocons will let her hide in their undergroung bunker.

He is for A STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE - how I wish this was stressed more during his campaign.

People think they are safer since 9/11. I am afraid they are in for a rude awakening.

Omnis
02-09-2008, 08:51 AM
But I cannot disagree with him more on foreign policy because he believes if we just leave the crazies alone they won't attack us"

I hate when these fucking pundits dumb it down like that. That's a really irresponsible characterization of the handling of the issue.

Xenophage
02-09-2008, 09:01 AM
He is the kind of person I can't watch too long because I'm afraid he will convince me that he is right.

I think she knows she's wrong, but she hasn't the intellectual honesty to admit it.

Omnis
02-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I think she knows she's wrong, but she hasn't the intellectual honesty to admit it.

Yeah, exactly.

enjerth
02-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Someone should tell her that he supported, and still supports, hitting Al-Qaeda. He just believes that Iraq was a misguided effort and Afghanistan has BECOME a misguided effort.

But it's nice to hear that she's afraid Ron Paul might talk her into believing what he believes.

ArrestPoliticians
02-09-2008, 09:27 AM

yes, its true. Of course, if he wasnt against the war he would have been seen by most of those that chose to support him as another crooked republican using free market lip service to pander to corporations.

sunghoko
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Someone should tell her that he supported, and still supports, hitting Al-Qaeda. He just believes that Iraq was a misguided effort and Afghanistan has BECOME a misguided effort.

But it's nice to hear that she's afraid Ron Paul might talk her into believing what he believes.

someone should be telling everyone. RP should be saying this everywhere he goes. His biggest criticism is that he is weak on terrorism. He says strong national defense by strengthening the military with elite forces but everyone hears pull troops out of all countries.

I never heard of marque and reprisal before and now I wonder why he never brought it up during the debates and if he did, how come I haven't heard of it.

The campaign slogan should have been "Al Qaeda, not Iraq." Let's get the guys who actually perpetrated 9/11 attacks. I think that would have rang loud and clear to the neocon base. Then we would have a foot in the door.

familydog
02-10-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't think it's accurate to say she is a neo-con.

wowronpaul
02-10-2008, 05:55 PM
babe? hahahhahahhaahahh

cheese
02-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I had dinner with ann coulter once. it was... interesting... (in a good way :))

quezkittel
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
call her what you like, Anne Coulter is smart, funny, and annoying to listen to when you don't agree with her :)

We *are* winning over pro war people- slowly. I just got an email today from a hardened neocon I'd approached five months ago saying he'd finally seen the light and would vote Paul in the Maryland primaries Tuesday!

Agora
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
..."I can't watch too long because I'm afraid he will convince me that he is right..."

hahaha

Pauliana
02-10-2008, 06:02 PM
..."I can't watch too long because I'm afraid he will convince me that he is right..."

hahaha

I know! That part really encourages me. At least people who attack him can now admit they are attacking out of ignorance.

If Ann Coulter had any brains, she'd be a Paultard. :)

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:05 PM
" He is the kind of person I can't watch too long because I'm afraid he will convince me that he is right."

Aw, c'mon Ann, it's not too late to get your soul back...

You might be a little poorer once you're off the payroll, but you'll be much happier.

annamoo
02-10-2008, 06:12 PM
come on people, Ann Coulter thinks women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Coulter_If_we_took_away_womens_1003.html

http://www.americanpolitics.com/20020205Coulter.html

Yes, you read correctly, women shouldn't be allowed to vote. She's entitled to her opinion, and I am entitled to mine. I think she is insane. She is a person with so little social decency it makes me want to puke. Did anyone see how she treated John Edwards's wife on a morning talk show? Took her words completely out of context and acted like a 4th grader.

She needs to disappear.

PS In my humble opinion, she is not attractive, but then again I don't find storky knobby blondes of either gender to be attractive.

JulioForPaul
02-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I actually read her book "Slander". She is a very good writer..... and maybe the most misunderstood pundit out there. She is very moderate in her views, but has a crazy/sharply sarcastic sense of humor that is misinterpreted by dumb people as mean/evil.

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:16 PM
I actually read her book "Slander". She is a very good writer..... and maybe the most misunderstood pundit out there. She is very moderate in her views, but has a crazy/sharply sarcastic sense of humor that is misinterpreted by dumb people as mean/evil.

She thinks that "conservative" means killing and torturing people and never having to say you're sorry.

She's a piece of trash.

Anorexic looking, too.:cool:

Try eating something, Ann, it might improve your disposition..

JulioForPaul
02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
She thinks that "conservative" means killing and torturing people and never having to say you're sorry.

She's a piece of trash.

Anorexic, too.

Try eating something, Ann, it might improve your disposition..

If you have read her book "Slander" you would see how funny your remarks are.

yongrel
02-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I hate Ann Coulter, and there is nothing she could do to have me even think about mabe reconsider my absolute loathing of her.

yongrel
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM

If you have read her book "Slander," I am sorry. It must hurt. Hurt real bad.

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM

She is clever, smart, and funny. That makes her all the more insidious and without redemption.

She's supposedly a Constitutional lawyer, too.

And ignores the only champion of the Constitution on the ticket.

What does that tell you?

She has to stick her fingers in her ears and sing---La la la la---whenever Ron Paul talks, or she might have to face what a sold out shill she's become.

Take your fingers out of your ears and face yourself, Ann.

It's not too late to take your soul back.

ronpaulhawaii
02-10-2008, 06:27 PM
... "Al Qaeda, not Iraq."...

Hhhhmmmmm....

:D

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Ann Coulter is a babe!

When Ann was on my side (against the Clinton's) I used to think she was hot. Now that she is a war monger, she looks very ugly to me. Weird.

kgiese
02-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh no. Who cares? Did she say she was voting for Ron?

Computer
02-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Respect to Ann Coulter, but she should be corrected that Ron Paul does not want to leave the crazies alone. He wants to target them more precisely. Instead of toppling some two bit government in the middle east and getting into a quagmire that bankrupts our country, we send in commando units to kill terrorists like ants. As it is now, it's like we just adopted millions of crazy Arab kids because we killed their parents. Great.

sb10
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
That is very high praise indeed from Ann Coulter. So many of these neo-cons are control freaks and are unwilling to consider alternatives to the "get them before they get us" strategy.

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
When Ann was on my side (against the Clinton's) I used to think she was hot. Now that she is a war monger, she looks very ugly to me. Weird.

I know what you mean.

It's strange when the world shifts 90 degrees.

But she's always been working for the same people, I assume.

We just couldn't see it.

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Respect to Ann Coulter, but she should be corrected that Ron Paul does not want to leave the crazies alone. He wants to target them more precisely. Instead of toppling some two bit government in the middle east and getting into a quagmire that bankrupts our country, we send in commando units to kill terrorists like ants. As it is now, it's like we just adopted millions of crazy Arab kids because we killed their parents. Great.

And you think she doesn't know that?:rolleyes:

WRellim
02-10-2008, 06:43 PM

VERY interesting admission.

Since everyone KNOWS that Ron Paul is NOT exactly one to persuade people based on his charisma, charm, or dare I say it ...his eloquence or rhetoric.

This MUST mean that he persuades people based upon FACTS and root PRINICPLES...

And she JUST ADMITTED that she is AFRAID and KNOWS that if she were to listen (to those FACTS and PRINCIPLES) that she would be convinced he is RIGHT.

Means she KNOWS (already) that she is wrong, that she does NOT have FACT nor PRINCIPLE on her side... and also, for all the bluff, bluster, and blowhard... she really is the wussiest of wusses.

Molly1
02-10-2008, 06:45 PM
well, yeah, but the money's good. :rolleyes:

Too bad she's soon going to be last year's model...

People won't forget.

affa
02-10-2008, 06:47 PM

thinking that anyone who disagrees with you must be 'dumb' is not a good way to start your day.

thoughtbombing
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Ann Coulter is a babe!

This from a man who has been dead for a couple hundred years, at least, eh? :D

theczar1776
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Ann coulter, nice, Ron Paul,... Does not compute... Does not compute... Does not compute... Start elf destruct program. 3...2...1...BOOM

Logistics
02-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Ann coulter, nice, Ron Paul,... Does not compute... Does not compute... Does not compute... Start elf destruct program. 3...2...1...BOOM

I dont either...Therefore this thread needs more Youtube....

billyjoeallen
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Time is really on our side. The war will get worse. More people will get sick of it. The economy will get worse. More people will start to understand we can't afford the war. All we have to do is wait.

Unfortunately, like Tom Petty says, "the waiting is the hardest part."

Fields
02-10-2008, 07:05 PM
youtube?

Russellk30
02-10-2008, 07:18 PM

Than what is she? A pro war social conservative with a tinge of Libertarian fiscal responsibility? What is that anyway?

She’s a sensationalist if nothing else. Likes to run her mouth for the sake of pissing people off. Sort of like that Revolution9 guy! You here?

WRellim
02-10-2008, 07:23 PM

She hates ELF's now too... Always KNEW she was a "Death Eater.":D

Fields
02-10-2008, 07:26 PM
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuutt tttttttttttuuuuuuuuuubbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeee

Xyrus2
02-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Ann Coulter saying nice things about Ron Paul????

*HEAD ASSPLODES*

~X~

Carole
02-10-2008, 07:29 PM
It took me only a few seconds. Of course, I already had a similar philosophy, as did many of us. :D I did not have to unlearn anything.

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 07:38 PM

What you are seeing is the burbling of backroom deals. Some of these involve placing the whole catalog of ill gotten goods on the table in front of them and offering them truth and reconciiliation. They quit the public life and keep their booty and only do good..as Karl Rove has been told, tell the public you want to retire to be with your family and behave. If Coulter is saying these things there is backroom arm twisting going on. The rigged voting results are too consistent and statistically near impossible. The hands on the lever mechanisms want to get caught. Like they put plants in the campaign we put plants in their gambit. Some young kid of 27 brought down one of Rothschild prize banks last month. The plant went in and under the noses of the Directors made 50 billion in deals with their approval. I guess the Directors thought they would swim in some hard cash from a near fraudulent setup. Well, the swindle backfired and our cowboy faction took the 50 B and the bank tanked. One more NWO asset out of the way.

When Coulter or another of such stature says something anomalous such as relayed above that in intelligence circles is called steganography. It is the delivering of a message from one faction to another via a public medium where it won't be m,issed and all members of factions in the know get the message. There is a sea change occurring right now and those who engineered it are not wanting anybody but the most trusted in stewardship of the metal trusts that will revivify the world economy.. Oh..and there is that matter of 27T in derivatives the G7, China, Russia and Opec want to be paid down for.. and cut internet cables and runs by Marvin Bush to Paris this weekend to stop what may be a route of these bastards. The Bank Directors in France told Marvin his brother is a liar and never came through yet. Too bad the Bushes had nasty things to say about France. maybe t is not prowess on the battlefiled that wins the gambit but stealth in moves on the grand chessboard of economics driving diplomacy. . But America is gonna hurt a bit to kill the parasite. We will need a doctor to recover.

Best Randy

Carole
02-10-2008, 07:38 PM
He has recently been stressing the letters of marque and it is easy to get people to see how a coordinted group of "soldiers of fortune" or CIA or whatever could be the better solution for finding Usama/Osama Bin Laden. (If he is still alive. He had kidney problems and Benutto had said he was dead0slip of the tongue?)

Anyway he could talk it down a bit and still not frighten people who are convinced they are afer us, terrified they will come over here, for crying out loud to get us. Whatever. People are afraid of their own shadows. There is likely more chance of being in a car wreck or earthquake than being attacked here again.

Fields
02-10-2008, 07:41 PM
youtube for FREEDOM!

hawks4ronpaul
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Was anyone watching C-Span around 12:40am? Ann Coulter ...he believes if we just leave the crazies alone they won't attack us"

She also said she thought he was an isolationist.

She is wrong on both points about his position (at least for the near future):

RP believes there is a real threat that will not disappear immediately, which is why he favors his anti-terrorist visa policy, intelligence overhaul, and strong military.
RP is extremely internationalist, for a strong US economy to buy a strong US defense. It is the neomarxist "neocons" who weaken and isolate America by alienating people to and fro.
http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Imagine if everyone email-bombed her (to correct her misunderstanding POLITELY) and she learned RP's true policy of a strongly-protected America.

Many people WANT to like RP and it is our job to give them a face-saving way out of the Iraq war.

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Since everyone KNOWS that Ron Paul is NOT exactly one to persuade people based on his charisma, charm, or dare I say it ...his eloquence or rhetoric.

Eloquence s not derived from the sychphantic display of strings of ephemeralities. Ron's eloquence and rhetorical power is derived from firm bedrock principles. It is delivered with simple eloquence and often backed up by rhetorical bursts such as "I get my marching orders from The Constitution" that have audiences roaring with applause. Not because of flowery phrasing but the stark and simple eloquence of the truth in the rhetoric..

Best
Randy

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 07:49 PM

Allright. Elf terrorizer. Off to gitmo for you. Americans are one thing but don't be destructing no elves.

Elves Lives!
Randy

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Than what is she? A pro war social conservative with a tinge of Libertarian fiscal responsibility? What is that anyway?

She’s a sensationalist if nothing else. Likes to run her mouth for the sake of pissing people off. Sort of like that Revolution9 guy! You here?

Yeah. I am here clown. Sour grapes I pissed all over your flame war earlier?:D

Yer Pal
Randy

Original_Intent
02-10-2008, 08:04 PM

What did the elves aver do to you? :)

Leroy_Jenkems
02-10-2008, 08:09 PM

As far as being moderate in her views: She's a lawyer. Nuff said.

I've yet to meet a lawyer with "moderate" views. They buy into the polarized, two-party, "with us or against us" mentality more than any other faction of society.

Russellk30
02-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Yeah. I am here clown. Sour grapes I pissed all over your flame war earlier?:D

Yer Pal
Randy

A clown is preferable to a butt pirate:D As far as flames go, there were non to extinguish unless the hope for rational discussion could be considered a definition. Are you British?

The Minister
02-10-2008, 08:24 PM
She needs to eat a sandwich.

She also needs a humility enema afterwards.

Then she needs to address her 'Daddy' issues and given a hug.

parke
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Ann Coulter is a cold b*tch. She and the rest of the hypocrite neo con artists can rot.

familydog
02-10-2008, 08:48 PM

The term neocon gets thrown around this forum in a very liberal fashion. She agrees with Ron Paul on everything in a domestic sense (except for the Patriot Act, FISA, etc). So how can one be a neo-con, at the same time believing in libertarian economic policies and federalism? I'm not saying she is a true conservative or a libertarian, but a neocon? Nah.

nike
02-10-2008, 08:49 PM

She (or he, I'm not convinced she's a natural born woman) is a neo con. She's also under investigation for voter fraud in Florida and makes stupid comments like women shouldn't be allowed to vote and Jews need to become Christians. There's nothing intelligent about hir.

Leroy_Jenkems
02-10-2008, 08:49 PM
She needs to eat a sandwich.

She also needs a humility enema afterwards.

Then she needs to address her 'Daddy' issues and given a hug.

:D:D

familydog
02-10-2008, 08:52 PM
She (or he, I'm not convinced she's a natural born woman) is a neo con. She's also under investigation for voter fraud in Florida and makes stupid comments like women shouldn't be allowed to vote and Jews need to become Christians. There's nothing intelligent about hir.

Lack of intelligence doesn't make you a neocon.

Xyrus2
02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Lack of intelligence doesn't make you a neocon.

No. Lack of common sense makes you a neocon.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/65/228428783_066e28c3ae.jpg?v=0

~X~

RevolutionSD
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Anne Coulter has a lot of libertarian leanings on a lot of issues...so this is to be expected

oh yeah, YOUTUBE

Believe it or not, Coulter is also very smart.
I'm not a fan at all, and she is a neocon, but I read one of her early books about the myth of McCarthyism and it was spot on.

itsnobody
02-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Believe it or not, Coulter is also very smart.
I'm not a fan at all, and she is a neocon, but I read one of her early books about the myth of McCarthyism and it was spot on.

Yes Ann Coulter is a lot smarter than people think....I don't know why she likes this "war on terror" some much though...

Thanehand
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Don't these people LISTEN to Ron Paul?

He won't ignore the crazies! HE'LL GO AFTER THE CRAZY TERRORISTS DIRECTLY INSTEAD OF OVERTHROWING UNRELATED GOVERNMENTS! He voted for going into Afghanistan to do exactly that.

Why the hell can't anyone understand this?

hawks4ronpaul
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes Ann Coulter is a lot smarter than people think....I don't know why she likes this "war on terror" some much though...

Terrorism and global warming are where the jobs are.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

JulioForPaul
02-10-2008, 09:32 PM
Who here has actually read any of Ann Coulter's books? You are believing the same mainstream media that criticizes Ron Paul as a crazy racist kook when you believe the evil/insane label given to Coulter.

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
I know what you mean.

It's strange when the world shifts 90 degrees.

But she's always been working for the same people, I assume.

We just couldn't see it.

I guess what's inside does account for beauty, eh? :)

rmholla
02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Come on, Ann has said good things about Ron Paul before. I did a quick YouTube search and found this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tgRSthaXaMg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8fyC36Yk3B8

-

rmholla
02-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Just curious, did anyone find a YouTube of her C-Span comments that started this thread?

-

angelatc
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM

Yes, I saw someone (Hannity, maybe?) prod her to bash Ron Paul and she wouldn't.

I used to support the war, and I am not the only person on this board who says that. One by one we wake up.

Heck, Dennis Miller was a screaming liberal before 9-11. He swung into neoconservatism so hard he's bound to swing back a little. It's physics. :)

berrybunches
02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
lol Coulter thinks the government should regulate what you do in the privacy of your own home...I don't mean to be crude but she thinks anal sex should be illegal.... absurd, she would never endorse Paul, she is very homophobic and a collectivist.

DJ RP
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Just another tv face endorsing the party line. She deserves no time.

jason43
02-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I saw this too. She said, "If I was to listen to him and Pat Buchanah too much, I might start believing them" or something to that effect.

I always liked Ann, she pisses people off on purpose and I can dig that, even if half of what she says is bullshit... its still amusing.