PDA

View Full Version : Split GOP == Dem Prez???

fabijo
02-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Where is this idea spawning from? When the general election comes, there will be one Republican nominee and one Democrat nominee. Why are people like Mitt and MSM saying that this GOP race is making it easier for a Hillary/Obama president??

So quitting your party's race will show America that the GOP is united? Do you really think that Americans care about how split up the party is? Come election time, there will eventually be only one official Republican and one official Democrat to choose from - plus however many third party candidates running.

sw33tbabiblu3
02-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I think he is talking about preventing a brokered convention.

DahuiHeeNalu
02-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I WILL NOT vote for McCain!

billjarrett
02-08-2008, 11:33 PM
It's because of the enthusiasm for a candidate. The GOP vote has been pretty well split, and they aren't rallying behind any one candidate. This leads to lethargic voting in the fall when people are pissed that their candidate didn't make it.

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Mitt backed out because of his poor showing on Super Tuesday. His wife and family had already been pushing for him to quit because of the cost. He just gave a reason that sounded nobler than the real reason.

JonathanR
02-08-2008, 11:37 PM
The GOP split itself when McCain inherited the nomination.

gaazn
02-08-2008, 11:41 PM
the mccain - huckabee split looks real. the good old GOP business wing doesn't want the weird guy (huckabee) joining their club leadership.

tonyr1988
02-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Plus, don't forget that the RNC is in September. If they don't know their candidate until then, it only gives them 2 months to campaign in the general. That's his logic, anyway.

fabijo
02-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Mitt backed out because of his poor showing on Super Tuesday. His wife and family had already been pushing for him to quit because of the cost. He just gave a reason that sounded nobler than the real reason.

If the real reason was family, then that is nobler than any other excuse.

gjdavis60
02-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Gang, in case you haven't figured it out yet, the Republican party will be irrelevant in the 2008 presidential election. John McCain is the sacrificial goat; the Bob Dole of 2008. He has no chance in the general. It is a waste of breath to even discuss it. I think the party knows this and has thrown in the towel already.

Ron's candidacy can still spread the message and grow our base, and as long as it supports the movement, I think it's great that he continues, but I would rather see him bow out if there is a better way for him to help the cause.

Now, while the rest of the country is fawning all over Hillary and Obama, how can we get as many Ron Paul republicans elected as possible? People are receptive to our message and the next administration will do nothing for the next four years but provide us with more ammunition. This is how we will win.

bcreps85
02-09-2008, 12:07 AM
The only thing that will guarantee a Democratic president is McWar or Huckleberry becoming our nominee.

I hate McWar more, but face it...Clinton will beat either of them because they don't appeal to enough different kinds of people. Huck gets religious zealots, McWar gets war mongerers. No one agrees completely with RP, but no one disagrees completely either.

And honestly, thats only Clinton...I'm not sure if anyone running can beat the Obamanation. Even though he's dumb as shit and just as much of a liar as the rest of him he has charisma and character...which people give too much weight.