PDA

View Full Version : My take: Why Paul can't run third party or indie

Xenophage
02-08-2008, 11:11 PM
When Ron Paul began this campaign a year ago, he had the 2nd least name recognition in the race, next to some guy named Cox.

A year later, and down to three candidates remaining, we've increased his name recognition enormously, but he's still the least recognizable candidate running. Its no secret to us why this is: no MSM coverage!

We all know how heavily biased the voting system in this country is against independent and third party candidates. We know how unlikely it would be for him to win in the scenario that he runs third party. That's not the point though, right? The point is to keep the movement alive and keep Ron Paul fighting all the way to November.

But you're forgetting some important considerations...

In four years, if Ron decides to take up the GOP nomination again, he'll have his name recognition and credibility already firmly established by this year's run. He'll have an extremely good shot at securing the nomination. If he runs third party this year, however, and hurts the GOP's chances in November (as he would) there's no way he can run again as a Republican.

It would also damage his congressional power, which I think has only grown so far as a result of his presidential bid.

It would also hinder any attempts by his son, Rand Paul, at getting involved in the Republican party.

And Ron still wouldn't be president!

We need to focus on getting him the best showing from now until the RNC, and focus on electing senators and congressmen that will represent US! People like Murray Sabrin who can work with Dr. Paul in fighting for our freedom.

Jeremy
02-08-2008, 11:13 PM
He can't leave the GOP. It could mean a double loose... he couldn't run for congress.

DeadWolfe
02-08-2008, 11:17 PM
He can't leave the GOP. It could mean a double loose... he couldn't run for congress.

Truth. Ron Paul won't run in 2012, he'll be too old.

Joe3113
02-08-2008, 11:17 PM

He could run for congress as an independent also.

Xenophage
02-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Truth. Ron Paul won't run in 2012, he'll be too old.

Reagan was 76 and he was in office in 1987. Paul will be 76 in 2012.

Paul is in good health.

jarofclay
02-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Good insight. I agree with OP. We need to take the hint and follow suit and change the GOP from the inside.

Korey Kaczynski
02-08-2008, 11:37 PM
He's old and doesn't have the same sharpness as he did when he was younger; he seems a bit tired a lot and doesn't do drugs like the rest. Somebody else has to pick up the torch.

MALICE ON MY FACE
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Hehehehe, Korey.....is this emotional lack of faith or a calculated judgement? I can't tell....

Most of you guys here are young - maybe you could pick up the torch, since almost every recognized politician is nowadays pretty old and/or tired?

celticsman7
02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
He could run in 2012. He ride like 10 miles a day on his bike.

Mordan
02-13-2008, 05:52 PM
i agree with OP. and every time i feel bad about the whole situation on the morning, on the evening I feel like fighting again, especially after talking to some people about Ron Paul.