PDA

View Full Version : The email = the Iliad

nate895
02-08-2008, 11:10 PM
I'd hate to break it to the forums, but this reminds of the rumor Agamemnon spread that they were gonna retreat and go home to inspire his troops to go towards Troy.

It didn't work that time.

Will the "we gotta keep fighting" attitude prevail amongst the grassroots or will we follow the same path as the Achaian soldiers went down before ultimate victory?

Only time will tell.

Joe3113
02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I only wish this were a decoy so that we get super inspired when he announces independent.

I doubt it though. Because he is really emphasizing the congressional run.

gerryb
02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I only wish this were a decoy so that we get super inspired when he announces independent.

I doubt it though. Because he is really emphasizing the congressional run.

Just a reminder... Texas is the most important state left in this race... =)

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
The 3rd party threads were suppose to stop after that letter. Seriously, most of us here are tired of them. They are distracting. The closer my primary gets, the more stressing those threads become. Seriously quit it!

gracebkr
02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
I think he is being completely honest people. The man doesn't lie. I wish with all my heart it wasn't true. I hope Rand Paul runs 3rd Party if Ron Paul does not get the nomination. That would make my day.

QCB79
Cool!!! thanks for the negativity

Joe3113
The 3rd party threads were suppose to stop after that letter. Seriously, most of us here are tired of them. They are distracting. The closer my primary gets, the more stressing those threads become. Seriously quit it!

There are excellent arguments for an independent run mate. I don't think I need to list them again for you.

aravoth
I'd hate to break it to the forums, but this reminds of the rumor Agamemnon spread that they were gonna retreat and go home to inspire his troops to go towards Troy.

It didn't work that time.

Will the "we gotta keep fighting" attitude prevail amongst the grassroots or will we follow the same path as the Achaian soldiers went down before ultimate victory?

Only time will tell.

This is why I have so much faith in this campaign, this movement. Becuase the people that make up the bulk of it, are not stupid. If you posted that on an obama forum people would look at you like deer in headlights.

gracebkr
02-08-2008, 11:16 PM
It's like we are letting them win, I just can't take it. There has to be a plan B for this cause.

fedup100
02-08-2008, 11:17 PM
This is why I have so much faith in this campaign, this movement. Becuase the people that make up the bulk of it, are not stupid. If you posted that on an obama forum people would look at you like deer in headlights.

I want to thank you for all you did for Paul's campaigns.

nate895
02-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Cool!!! thanks for the negativity

That wasn't negative, if look I said there was ultimate victory no matter what.

olehounddog
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Take over locally. With mcnasty ahead, turnout at local county conventions will probably be really low.

aravoth
02-08-2008, 11:22 PM
I want to thank you for all you did for Paul's campaigns.

Your welcome, but I'm not even close to done.

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I personally think the campaign was tired of all the requests to run as 3rd party.

dblee
02-08-2008, 11:27 PM
der... the greeks won..

nate895
02-08-2008, 11:55 PM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
02-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I personally think the campaign was tired of all the requests to run as 3rd party.

QFT

QCB79
02-08-2008, 11:59 PM
That wasn't negative, if look I said there was ultimate victory no matter what.

Ok..I take that back, i misread what you posted

wgadget
02-09-2008, 12:03 AM

Yes, probably jamming their inboxes. If Ron's trying to run TWO campaigns, just imagine how tired he must be. The impression I got from the email that he needs to get some rest. It was a little weary-sounding, but not really negative.

Maybe he's weary of all our 3rd party emails, as well as the weariness brought on by running for President and Congress.

I wonder, too, if the reason he doesn't aggressively come out and ask for donations is because he doesn't want to annoy his "base," us. But I do think we should all consider a Congressional Money Bomb of some kind. It would take some of the pressure off.

Revolution9
02-09-2008, 12:15 AM

And me too. And I ain't a Republican shill. I just understand politics and chess from being a student of history and politics for 40 years. He is controlling the board and this is opening gambit.. The fools in the peanut gallery keep telling him to jump his king over five pawns and take them... not realizing this is not a game of checkers.

Best
Randy