PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul never said he gave up!

VRP08
02-08-2008, 11:09 PM
He just said
Let me tell you my thoughts. With Romney gone, the chances of a brokered convention are nearly zero. But that does not affect my determination to fight on, in every caucus and primary remaining, and at the convention for our ideas, with just as many delegates as I can get. But with so many primaries and caucuses now over, we do not now need so big a national campaign staff, and so I am making it leaner and tighter

We have to keep fighting with Dr. Paul!

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Duh?

Redcard
02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Yeah, but hiring three people.. and then sending out a letter saying that you are going leaner and tighter? Come on.. read between the lines here. He didn't see Mitt doing what Mitt did, and it ended the realistic chance. Now he's going to go with the "sure thing"

VRP08
02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Duh?

For those freacking out after todays message. A few here acted like he gave up or something. how about we put all our energy into one major state and WIN to get some attention

constitutional
02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
If I were Ron Paul and trying to win GOP, HELL YES I'D SEND OUT AN EMAIL SAYING I WILL NOT RUN 3RD PARTY!!!!!

fedup100
02-08-2008, 11:15 PM
You must have received a different email, mine gave no hope what so ever and was a short polite goodbye.

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:16 PM
For those freacking out after todays message. A few here acted like he gave up or something. how about we put all our energy into one major state and WIN to get some attention

The only people freaking out are those idiots that keep making 3rd party threads despite the rest of us telling them to quit it.

dima7b
02-08-2008, 11:17 PM

Exactly. We already had some much going against us and we still didn't stop...we only got more energized. This letter in no means says that the bid is over for Dr. Paul. NO SIR!
I don't get saddened by reading this, in fact it makes me admire Dr. Paul even more and still believe he can get the nod, even if that possibility is super slim. If this fails, it will be because of us, because some are ready to quit and this is not the right attitude for a time like this!

fedup100
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Exactly. We already had some much going against us and we still didn't stop...we only got more energized. This letter in no means says that the bid is over for Dr. Paul. NO SIR!
I don't get saddened by reading this, in fact it makes me admire Dr. Paul even more and still believe he can get the nod, even if that possibility is super slim. If this fails, it will be because of us, because some are ready to quit and this is not the right attitude for a time like this!

Maybe I did receive a different email. Mine said a brokered convention is out. the nomination is out. and the third party idea is out. my seat in congress is not out.

So, what are we still fighting for?

olehounddog
02-08-2008, 11:24 PM
So, what are we still fighting for?[/QUOTE]

The future. Never give up. :D

dblee
does anyone understand that with a bunch of homeless conservatives now, ron paul has to convince them that he's THE TRUE REPUBLICAN??

notice this letter was posted on the front page of his website.

Lord Xar
You must have received a different email, mine gave no hope what so ever and was a short polite goodbye.

It is funny how we see things in two different perspectives.

My determination hasn't changed at all.

He explicitly says in 2 or 3 places He IS NOT GIVING UP. I am not sure how else he can say it.

He also said he is NOT gonna let his congressional seat FAULTER IF he doens't win the GOP nomination. He is playing both hands. What is wrong with that?

There has been alot of speculation as to why he was doing that. Infact, DIDN"T he decide to do the congressional seat prior to Mitt's dropping out?

Relax. He says the chance of a brokered convention is slim, BUT that doesn't mean we give up. Does it? NO.

So, whereas you saw defeat, I saw practicality and hope.

Depends on what angle we look at it from.

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Ron Paul has been running for his congressional seat since last year.

fedup100
02-08-2008, 11:28 PM
does anyone understand that with a bunch of homeless conservatives now, ron paul has to convince them that he's THE TRUE REPUBLICAN??

notice this letter was posted on the front page of his website.

Well I wondered how Sean Insanity would find out about it. There will be much glee and mention of Paul on the MSM in the next few days for sure. They will laugh and guffaw at the way the little revolution was so politely let down.

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Well I wondered how Sean Insanity would find out about it. There will be much glee and mention of Paul on the MSM in the next few days for sure. They will laugh and guffaw at the way the little revolution was so politely let down.

Uh for him not wanting to run 3rd party?

Kotin
02-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Ron Paul would not bring on new Foreign Policy Advisors if He was quitting Lol

dima7b
02-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Maybe I did receive a different email. Mine said a brokered convention is out. the nomination is out. and the third party idea is out. my seat in congress is not out.

So, what are we still fighting for?

My email said the chance of a broken convention is really slim now, or something to that, but it is not ruled out. But to me that's pretty much irrelevant as I personally still have a belief that anything is possible. Whether I am wrong or right, I'll keep fighting.

VRP08
02-08-2008, 11:34 PM
It is funny how we see things in two different perspectives.

My determination hasn't changed at all.

He explicitly says in 2 or 3 places He IS NOT GIVING UP. I am not sure how else he can say it.

He also said he is NOT gonna let his congressional seat FAULTER IF he doens't win the GOP nomination. He is playing both hands. What is wrong with that?

There has been alot of speculation as to why he was doing that. Infact, DIDN"T he decide to do the congressional seat prior to Mitt's dropping out?

Relax. He says the chance of a brokered convention is slim, BUT that doesn't mean we give up. Does it? NO.

So, whereas you saw defeat, I saw practicality and hope.

Depends on what angle we look at it from.

EXACLY MY THOUGHTS!

VRP08
02-08-2008, 11:48 PM
I wrote my state GOP earlier today and told them I would not vote for the rep nom, if it was not Dr. Paul. Maybe taking a step back for Dr. Paul for now might be a great idea. MSM is ignoring him anyway and by the time the convention comes around and the economy is tankin' and everybody is sick of hearing about the "top 3", Ron Paul might appear rather refreshing. We've GOT to work really hard to win a state!