PDA

View Full Version : A Message From Fred's Team

angelatc
08-09-2007, 11:40 PM
I used to belong to the Fred camp, so I'm still on some email lists. Maybe those low fundraising numbers reports are not so far off after all. Here's a thing I got tonight:

draftfredthompson.com, Live from Ames, IA

draftfredthompson.com, along with fredheadsusa.org are now together in Ames Iowa to represent the nascent candidacy of Senator Fred Thompson for president of the US.

I posted a travelogue here on redstate.
http://www.redstate.com/blogs/jeffma...e_from_ames_ia

Thanks to your kind donations, we raised $1002.00 to spread the word.

We had hoped to participate in a booth as an unofficial advocacy group, but unfortunately, we didn't raise enough money to buy in. We used the money to purchase 1000 bumper stickers and 5000 cards, along with hard copies of helpful fredipedia content and Thompson Reports. (thanks Ruger and Shelbysbest) We planned to just hand out whatever we could to anyone interested.

While on the way to Ames yesterday morning, I received word that we would not even be allowed to hand out our collateral on the premises; that we'd be asked to leave. Here's the fredhead post regarding this news...
http://fredheadsusa.org/1357/

However, late this afternoon we found out that we had been given a reprieve... we WOULD be allowed to buy in to the "official" event.

I do not make this request lightly, but we here and prepared... we need $1000 to buy a place at the Ames table. If just half the folks receiving this could donate 50 cents, we'd be there.

I have spent lots of my own money in this pursuit and if worse comes to worse, I'd probably belly up for this, but we can do so much more with just a little help from you.

Here's a link. If you can part with as little as 2 or three dollars, it really could make a difference.

http://www.draftfredthompson.com/donate/donate2.htm

Thanks

Jeff Mitchell
draftfredthompson.com
Ames, IA

And no, I didn't send him the .50. :D I just thought it was pretty cool that one Ron Paul board financed media placements - heck, Xar raised $3000 in about 24 hours.

This really gave me some perspective on how much we are doing.

erblo
08-10-2007, 01:48 AM
If Ron Paul sent me that message I'd send $50 not 50 cents. That's sad they have to scrape their money together like that.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
08-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Interesting read....

That's really putting into perspective the type of headway the Ron Paul campaign is making...

Outstanding.

freelance
08-10-2007, 05:14 AM
heck, Xar raised $3000 in about 24 hours.

This really gave me some perspective on how much we are doing.

Xar can do anything. He's amazing. The forum also helped send the Granny Warriors to Ames. Also, the meetup groups are sponsoring all kinds of things on their own dime. There is no telling how much all of this is worth to the campaign.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Scraping their nickels and dimes together for a lobbyist.... aint that funny?

freelance
08-10-2007, 07:13 AM
He's already peaked. It's over!