PDA

View Full Version : "Leaner and Tighter"

TNFreedom
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
From Ron's email tonight:

"But with so many primaries and caucuses now over, we do not now need so big a national campaign staff, and so I am making it leaner and tighter."

How do you guys interpret this? Does this just mean he is cutting staff or is he cutting back core campaign efforts in general...ie ads, media all things generally associated with a campaign. I have to feel that it is the latter. Ron is a fiscal conservative at heart, and I can't see him blowing money on ads and media when by his own admission the chances for a win are "nearly zero."

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-08-2008, 10:39 PM
nt

Redcard
02-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Me? I interpret it as he's out of money and his other campaign is at risk. It's a concession letter.

Thanehand
02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Yes, the grassroots didn't deliver on the last couple of fundraising goals. You can't run a successful campaign on so little dough these days unfortunately.

Jeremy
02-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I interpret this as being conservative

Paulitical Correctness
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I like my campaign staff like I like my [censored].

Couldn't pass it up. :(

slantedview
02-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes, the grassroots didn't deliver on the last couple of fundraising goals. You can't run a successful campaign on so little dough these days unfortunately.

i agree, mostly with that first point. we didn't deliver, he doesn't have as much cash as he once did and now he's gotta trim a bit.

luckily it's probably the right time to trim anyways.

wd4freedom
02-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Its a concession and it hurts.

Highland
02-08-2008, 10:51 PM
He can't make a congressional run and presidential because of a LBJ law that prohibits it......I think he will run till he runs out of money....so don't stop believing! Plus...Mitt did not quit...he suspended his race...so there could be a brokered convention after all .....right????

Redcard
02-08-2008, 10:52 PM
He can't make a congressional run and presidential because of a LBJ law that prohibits it......I think he will run till he runs out of money....so don't stop believing! Plus...Mitt did not quit...he suspended his race...so there could be a brokered convention after all .....right????

He can do both until he gets the nomination.

This is a concession of his presidential election so he can at least get his congressional election won.

mmarcman22
02-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Its not because we are running out of money! You should know Ron by now, he tells it like it is. He's making adjustments now that the big part of the primary is past us. There are no more super Tuesdays. But I do encourage everyone to keep donating to the cause.

fedup100
02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
i agree, mostly with that first point. we didn't deliver, he doesn't have as much cash as he once did and now he's gotta trim a bit.

luckily it's probably the right time to trim anyways.

You only have those who started the posts, "lets not give to the official incompetent campaign. The trolls that work for the MSM and the IRS are having big time laugh tonight.

I gave money to the revolution and all I got was an email telling me so long.