PDA

View Full Version : Fair-weather Freedom Fighters

yongrel
02-08-2008, 10:28 PM
So who here is next? Who is gonna follow MayTheRonBeWithYou and his ilk in their jumping ship?

Who here is going to sacrifice the cause of liberty and freedom, just because it's neither easy nor fast to fight on?

Who here is going to abandon their most cherished values because Ron Paul won't conform to their personal agendas?

Who here is going to throw away the greatest chance for liberty in our lifetime just because the road to freedom isn't paved smoothly?

Go on and get out. We don't need the fair-weather freedom fighters.

Who here is going to fight on, no matter the obstacles? Who here will never let the Ron Paul Revolution die?

Paulitical Correctness
02-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Paulitical Correctness will be here unless he is stricken with a case of death.

:)

hillertexas
02-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm still here, and will be all the way.
Nobody said this would be easy.
They just said it would be worth it.
And it is.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-08-2008, 10:38 PM
I can never sink back into the apathetic doldrums... I and my family will still fight the good fight.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I am spiritually married to the cause, and there is no divorce in heaven.

Oyate
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
You know I had a feeling about that poster....but hey, don't let any of this get to you. This forum is not representative of the whole movement, believe me.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I am here until the last breath leaves my mortal body and I will be here in spirit after that. The war rages on!

Bilgefisher
02-08-2008, 10:51 PM
I thought it was all about the message? That means we fight on.

Cowlesy
02-08-2008, 10:52 PM
One expression:

ARRRGGHGHHHGHGHGHH!!!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-08-2008, 10:57 PM
nt

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-08-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm staying, even though I will still encourage Ron Paul to go independent, if and when the GOP nomination becomes an impossibility.

silverhandorder
02-08-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm loving every moment of this, so I am not going anywhere!

grizzums
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Very disappointed, Ill be honest....but never been a quitter. Once awakened in this movement, theres no going back to sleep....except I sure need that tonight, some fuggin sleep.

If Paul chooses the GOP as the vehicle for this revolution, so be it. I can't say as I completely understand that. As a lifelong Republican, I no longer have one ioda of allegiance to the party and will simultaneously work to keep Dr. Paul in Congress...

"Thank you for your generous donation of $XXX.XX!

Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Committee to Re-Elect Ron Paul.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number."

...while helping to support other Ron Paul Republicans get in office....and also do everything in my power to defeat any/all NON Ron Paul Republicans currently in office or running for office as I will NEVER buy one sprinkle of lip service BULLSHIT spewing from their mouths. I will also cast a vote against them and encourage others to do the same. No more lesser of two evils....no more fake conservatives....and no more semi conservatives. I'll vote RP candidates or protest vote for the Dimwitcrats to exterminate those clowns once and for all...every fugging last one of em.

militant
02-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Paulitical Correctness will be here unless he is stricken with a case of death.

:)

nothing more need be said. as another thread is titled, the dr. has caught a cold. once again it falls to us, the only ones who can do it. i won't petition dr. paul to reconsider, but i will write him in. i won't say he's going to win, anymore, but i will speak of our ideas and work toward making my country and my world more safe *and* free.

i didn't start doing this during the campaign. i've worked for liberty oriented causes since the beginnings of my political involvement, at the age of 8. the photo of the student standing alone in front of the tank in tienanmen square fascinated me, and filled me with an urgency and a dread, a need to know what was so important to him. and then all reagan had said on the evening news began to sink in, and i understood. i've fought school boards in 3 states, acted as my own counsel, successfully, in several legal matters where principle was at stake, and worked in the ranks of the michigan libertarian party for ballot access as well as a state board of education run for an ex of mine.

some of you have similar stories. others are new to these ideas, but probably always felt them in some way. whatever the case, whatever this campaign is - movement or election - while a major accomplishment and a significant step forward that no one can ever reverse, IT IS NOT FINISHED. not one of us can afford to give in. some may leave active campaigning in pursuit of other causes of note, and that is understandable if disappointing.

but those who abandon the central issue entirely... all i can say is i hope they are just tired, and will find efforts to pursue in the future.

as for me, i'm not going anywhere.

literatim
02-08-2008, 11:28 PM
MayTheRonBeWithYou was never really a supporter of Ron Paul. He didn't even change his party to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

MikeStanart
02-08-2008, 11:29 PM
You can pry my Liberty from my Cold Dead Hands!

olehounddog
02-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Aint goin no damn where myself.