PDA

View Full Version : Need Everyone's Input, Especially Heather in WI

NoMoreApathy
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
What do you think about having a chip-in, or multiple chip-in's, to run Heather in WI's resolution to her local GOP about McCain not representing conservatives, as an ad in big newspapers? Especially in states that still haven't had a primary?

WHEREAS the Republican Party is founded upon the conservative political philosophy derived from the belief that individuals are endowed not by the government but by the Creator with certain unalienable rights and the belief that the Constitution of the United States of America is designed to guarantee the free exercise of these rights through strictly limiting the power of government whose powers are derived only from the consent of the governed, and

WHEREAS the Principles of Conservatism promote Liberty, Prosperity and Individual Freedom, and

WHEREAS the leading presidential candidate for the Republican Party, Senator John McCain, has consistently demonstrated a record of public service counter to the philosophy and principles of conservatism and the Republican Party. To prove this, let these facts be submitted.

He has fought the Republican Party by strongly opposing President Bush's tax cuts in 2001 and 2003. He also joined leading liberal senators in offering and voting for amendments designed to undermine the tax cuts.

He has worked with the Democrats to undermine the First Amendment to abridge citizens' free speech in the political process.

He has worked against the Republican Party to expand greatly the power of government in order to combat global warming in ways that would greatly increase energy prices and negatively affect consumers.

He has worked with the Democrats to promote amnesty for 20 million illegal immigrants.

He has fought the Republican Party to create the Patient’s Bill of Rights, which allowed the government to impose a set of onerous mandates on insurance coverage.

He has undermined the principles of a free market economy by voting for an amendment that would authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to set prices on prescription drugs under Medicare.

He has voted to undermine American Sovereignty by granting consulting rights to Mexico concerning the erection of a southern border fence

He has a consistent pattern of shocking verbal abuse, including screaming profanities, against Senate Republican colleagues who oppose his bills in any way.

He has exercised scandalously poor judgment by intervening with the federal regulators on behalf of Keating in the Savings and Loan Crisis of the 1980s.

He sponsored and voted for a 282% tax increase on cigarettes that also would have increased the size of the federal bureaucracy exponentially.

He supports raising Social Security taxes.

He has undermined the Republican Party and opposed the constitutional duties of the vice president to break a tie on judicial nominations.

He has demonstrated consistent leadership on undermining second amendment rights by his promotion of bills that regulate all sales at gun shows; that force gun-owners to purchase trigger locks making their firearms useless for self-defense; that restrict the legitimate transfer of firearms over the internet; and that extend the restrictions of the Brady bill to pawn shops and gun repair shops.

He has voted to use taxpayer funds to harvest stem cells from human embryos.

He has refused to take immediate and direct action to protect the life of the unborn; he opposes the repeal of Roe v. Wade; and he opposes a constitutional amendment to protect all human life.

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Republican Party of the xxxxxx opposes any effort to promote, support, or endorse Senator John McCain as the Republican nominee, and

RESOLVED that the Republican Party of the xxxxxx will only support candidates who promote the philosophy and principles of conservatism in government, and promote Liberty, Prosperity and Individual Freedom, and whom have consistently demonstrated a record of public service as evidence of their principled beliefs

I know many others contributed to this, as well as Heather. I just read through that thread, and this is some awesome work. This could KILL McCain if we did it quick, and did it RIGHT.

Thoughts?

NoMoreApathy
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
bump

familydog
02-08-2008, 09:37 PM
I'll help.

NoMoreApathy
02-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Anyone else?

This will KILL McCain's campaign.

We need to get tough on that bastard, and QUICK. I don't want that man anywhere near the "button".

We need to wake people up. If we stymie McCain, and either Huck drops, or we battle with Huck until the end, we have a WAAAYY better chance!

Come on people, whats up????

hawks4ronpaul
02-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Should we continue to let the non-RP anti-McCain people pay for attacks on McCain so all RP money can go for pro-RP?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

literatim
02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Put up a chipin and people will donate. Simply asking them if you should put up a chipin won't get you results.

NoMoreApathy
02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Put up a chipin and people will donate. Simply asking them if you should put up a chipin won't get you results.

I don't subscribe to those kinds of websites usually. I don't even have a youtube account. I don't typically use the computer to do any campaign work.

I'm just trying to get a consensus before I even bother possibly wasting my valuable time. Not to mention, this is Heather in WI's original idea. I'm not doing ANYTHING with this until I get approval from her, and possibly the various other people involved in contributing the ideas and wording of that resolution.

NoMoreApathy
02-09-2008, 08:28 AM
bump

bucfish
02-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Start a chipin advertise it here and at Hucksarmy

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 08:32 AM
I actually had a similar thought: this has to get out so conservatives can see it.

eta: if done as an ad, maybe Heather would consider shifting/changing it so it becomes a document that can be signed by the individual. Add the address for the RNC HQ, have conservatives all over the country mail it to them?

Hmmm....a doc to print off the net, sign and mail to the RNC HQ? Promoted online with youtubes and such?

bucfish
02-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Yeah send it to ALL conservative groups you can and see if they pass it amongst their members.

wd4freedom
02-09-2008, 08:43 AM
Let's Go! Where's the chip in? Ill post on my meetup. No time to lose.

Move it , Move it, Move it! No sunshine patriots here.

Heather in WI
02-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Absolutely to all of the above ideas!

This was not only my work -- if you read through this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115940) you will quickly realize that it was a group forum effort! :-)

Let the dissemination begin! :)

AdamT
02-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I actually had a similar thought: this has to get out so conservatives can see it.

eta: if done as an ad, maybe Heather would consider shifting/changing it so it becomes a document that can be signed by the individual. Add the address for the RNC HQ, have conservatives all over the country mail it to them?

Hmmm....a doc to print off the net, sign and mail to the RNC HQ? Promoted online with youtubes and such?

This needs to happen and fast!!! People can download it, sign, and mail to their local & state GOPs. Can we get a simple website like www.NoWayMcCain.com or something like that?

AdamT
02-09-2008, 09:11 AM
bump

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Adam, can you get that site for us?

tommyzDad
02-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Bump......

McBrain into the Pit of Death.
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/285/300messengeratpit400x32xf2.jpg

ShowMeLiberty
02-09-2008, 09:46 AM
PDF files ready to print & disseminate:

GOP Resolution: http://files.meetup.com/822679/GOP%20Resolution%20Against%20McCain.pdf

Individual Resolution: http://files.meetup.com/822679/Individual%20Resolution%20Against%20McCain.pdf

Let's share these with Huckabee and Romney people also! Send the GOP a strong message!

Go! Go! Go!

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 10:24 AM
BUMP!

Brainstorm names for a site to have the docs with addresses needed!

:D

Heather in WI
02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Bump!

How about www.mccainisnotconservative.com ?

ShowMeLiberty
02-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Updated with Heather's revised wording and with RNC contact info! PDF files ready to print & disseminate:

GOP Resolution: http://files.meetup.com/822679/GOP%20Resolution%20Against%20McCain.pdf

Individual Resolution: http://files.meetup.com/822679/Individual%20Resolution%20Against%20McCain.pdf

wd4freedom
02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
These are great!!!

Thanks a million!

Heather in WI
02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
PDF files ready to print & disseminate:

These PDF files are FANTASTIC!!!!! :D:):D

I was thinking, can we get these posted over at Huckabee's Forum, Romney's Forum, Sean Hannity's Forum, Rush Limbaugh's forum, etc.? (I know some of you out there are secretly members of those forums!!) The more people we have, the better!

Also, in addition to sending the "Individual Resolution" to higher ups within the National Republican Party, we should all send copies to the leadership of our state Republican Parties and all of the elected Republican officials who represent whatever area we live in. They will be extremely hesitant to 'toe the party line' and endorse McCain (elected officials) if they think that there will be any backlash against them personally.

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
We're working on a website where the docs will be available for download along with the mailing addresses for each state GOP office as well as RNC HQ.

As soon as we get it together, we'll post the address far and wide.

Hoping for later today.

:D

NoMoreApathy
02-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys!

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Heather!

Let's show the establishment we can do more than just donate and canvass for a guy who may or may not get elected. Let's show them we can take THEIR people OUT, too!

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 02:08 PM
bump to get this to the top...

dblee
02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
i'll chip in. advertise everywhere there's republicans on the internet.

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm in BIG TIME!

Let's see if we can run it specifically in each locality. Replace the "xxxxxxx" with the actual local GOP name. E.g. "x" county Republicans.

It'll give it a sense of authenticity and authority. And no one can complain, as long as we don't use a name that is an actual political entity.

Let's tell the sheeple not to vote for McCain, because he isn't popular. Hell, they listen to everything else that they hear and see in the MSM. Let's use that.

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Bump :d

MikeSmith
02-09-2008, 03:55 PM
bump

MsDoodahs
02-09-2008, 04:29 PM
bump - I take it y'all think the site looks okay?