PDA

View Full Version : WA absentee ballot question

911cartoon
02-08-2008, 09:13 PM
hello,

i just filled out an absentee ballot for wa state and it says to connect with a single line and i did it a little thicker than one line.. do you think it won't count?

911cartoon
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
bump.. somebody help i'm freakin out

nate895
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
All you have to do is mark that you're consider yourself to be a Republican, and then mark Ron Paul.

bcasanov
02-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I am offering this as advice:
Make a copy of the ballot for yourself, and perhaps make another copy and send it to the Ron Paul campaign as evidence that you voted, since you cannot be too sure these days that your vote will count. There can be all manner of shenanigans where your vote can be thrown away, get lost, etc. The best rule of thumb is to not trust the election officials without a backup plan B...and your plan B would be a verifiable copy of your ballot with your selection for Ron Paul.

literatim
02-08-2008, 09:45 PM
I hope you will be attending the caucus this Saturday (tomorrow).

AParadigmShift
02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
hello,

i just filled out an absentee ballot for wa state and it says to connect with a single line and i did it a little thicker than one line.. do you think it won't count?

There is a caveat regarding the use of felt pens:

"Use a single line to mark your vote as shown."

"DO NOT use a felt pen."

Did you use a felt pen? :confused:

The primary is not until the 19th. You can bring your ballot to your county auditor's office if you have any questions or simply call them with any concerns.