PDA

View Full Version : Socalist free market medicare...

Ginobili
02-08-2008, 09:11 PM
ok, this is like a parodox idea of medicine, and i figgure it wouldn't work, just want to hear what yall think.

So, this just popped into my head. We do like alot of countries, and pay more taxes for medical care that you dont have to worry about insurance companies screwing you over hardcore, like they do today. Then, the goverment picks the company's that are the most efficent yet cheap, and you can recieve medical care from this company on tax money. The cheaper the company, the lower the taxes.

Now, here comes the kinda free-market competition part. Companies who are socalized and pay for with the tax money are...say..what term...top tier? They are then issued a 6 month-1 year contract by the gov't (which can only be violated by extreme illegial acts going on inside said company, poor practice and the such...). Now, come the end of the year, the other companies have been free market, trying to be efficent yet cheap to draw in the most support, and manage to support them selves (gov't benfits such as lower taxes for companies that are proving to be really good, take care of their paitents well, dont screw people over, etc), are then looked at. If they are better then the previous gov't socal medicine company, they are offered a contract for a year service, as long as they are not WAY above the current price. If the socalized medicine corp. stays at the head of the pack, they get another year contract.

People who do not wish to be part of the socalized medicine system will pay only a 1/6th or so of the taxes that people who do live on it will pay (maybe none, I dont know how the numbers would work yet).

So, any ideas, opinions, etc?

Ginobili
02-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Bump for Curiousity.