PDA

View Full Version : Lets get this website going... (Letters 4 Liberty)

Jason726
02-08-2008, 08:51 PM
One of our fellow RP supporters has been working on a website to organize and coordinate the grassroots for the purpose of getting our message into newspapers all over the country.

The site can work if we all give it the same attention we gave to FOX news when they excluded RP from the debate. It is very easy to use, and it only takes a few minutes to learn how it works.

We need more coverage on TV and in the newspapers, and if we all use this site at least once or twice a week we can have an impact on an audience that does not get to hear this message. Get off the blogs. We already own the internet. Time to move focus on owning the newspapers, too.

www.letters4liberty.org

darkdruid
02-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Explain how this works. I am in I just don't know how it gives us more coverage.

mexicanpizza
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Still broken, still not user friendly. Still doesn't explain WTF it's for on the front page.

To the OP, are you a shill for the original very friendly guy ( ;) ) who has posted about his site multiple times?

Jason726
02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
You go through your local papers (print or website), find any article that the grassroots can respond to with a letter to the editor. Most will probably be found in the opinion sections. You can also write your own letter to the paper and post that once it gets printed.

You post the article and the email address for letters to the editor. Then all the members of the site can easily email responses to the newspaper and try to get more favorable RP mentions in the local papers all over the country. If we get the RP machine behind this. It can work. Lets do it.

Petar
02-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks man, you're the first person to make a thread for me like I asked everyone to, thats really means a lot to me.

Right now I am working on adding bright yellow arrows and text that will guide all visitors through a basic demonstration of the sites whole function very quickly and effectively, and this will be doen tomorow.

As of now, just click on the letters USA (where the bright yellow arrow is) and then choose a printed article from the table.

Then, read this printed article, and respond to it in favor of Paul by writing to that newspapers email address, which is displayed under the article.

Then, if your direct response is printed, then the user who posted the original article can see that and then add it to this post for all to see.

If anyone is printed saying anything negative, then the user can add that so that we can all respond to that and defend Ron together.

This is how we can take over the newspapers together and win this race. Please support my chipin as well, though I can t have it on my site because it cause problems with IE:

http://letters4liberty.chipin.com/wwwletters4libertyorg

I'm doing my best to hook up with HQ on this so that it can get on www.ronpaul2008.com, and hopefully Ill get the campaigns emarketing person on the phone very soon so that we can discuss this.

Petar
02-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Still broken, still not user friendly. Still doesn't explain WTF it's for on the front page.

To the OP, are you a shill for the original very friendly guy ( ;) ) who has posted about his site multiple times?

The site works fine, what do you think is broken?

Jason726
02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
You have to register and login and then it shows the info.

This guy is not wealthy and he spent a lot of his own money doing this. Are you really gonna be picky about little things like that? Thats what is wrong with so many people in America. Worried about irrelevant crap.

The website has some bugs that will be fixed. It WAS JUST BUILT. IT IS A TOOL FOR US TO USE TO GET MORE PRESS.

Exactly what we need, and there is nothing else like it out there.

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I love the concept and will use the information from this site when it gets rolling in my book.

Jason726
02-08-2008, 09:12 PM

Shill, no.

I think it is a good idea. Thanks for trying to turn a thread about getting more press, into a childish discussion. Why don't you go do somethign useful for the campaign and sign up at

www.letters4liberty.org :rolleyes:

darkdruid
02-08-2008, 09:14 PM
This seems like a really good idea to get ourselves into newspapers. Its easy and all you need to do is just follow the yellow!! Everyone should start taking a good look at this. Its a great way to spread the word.

Petar
02-08-2008, 09:17 PM
This seems like a really good idea to get ourselves into newspapers. Its easy and all you need to do is just follow the yellow!! Everyone should start taking a good look at this. Its a great way to spread the word.

Bear with me folks, by tommorow the whole thing will be outlined very quick and easy in yellow text and arrows.

Also, all bugs are very minor, as soon as I get some cash I'll get it perfect, you can still totally use it for now.

Jason726
02-08-2008, 09:18 PM
The only thing we need to do to get the "snowball" rolling, is for people to start using the site.

Register. Find an article. Post it.

We own the internet, now we will turn to the newspapers.

SL89
02-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Great idea! Could have an impact if everyone signs up. It is also very easy to use!

Staynsane
02-08-2008, 09:25 PM
bump

Tina
02-08-2008, 09:29 PM
You go through your local papers (print or website), find any article that the grassroots can respond to with a letter to the editor. Most will probably be found in the opinion sections. You can also write your own letter to the paper and post that once it gets printed.

You post the article and the email address for letters to the editor. Then all the members of the site can easily email responses to the newspaper and try to get more favorable RP mentions in the local papers all over the country. If we get the RP machine behind this. It can work. Lets do it.

This is a truly excellent idea.

Jason726
02-08-2008, 09:33 PM
The forum is behind this too. They have the banner up at the top of the main page.

kgiese
02-08-2008, 09:33 PM
This guy has a point. This site isn't user friendly, and it doesn't do a good job making how Dr. Paul feels on the issues. See the competition for comparison purposes: HillaryClinton.com. What is he doing with all that money?

Ron Paul talks about freedom:
What does securing the borders have to do with freedom?
What is he doing about the Patriot Act?
What freedoms and liberty is he going to increase?
What does he mean we will have to pay? Aren't we already paying too much?
Which taxes are going away?
Why is he hanging out with Jerry Falwell Jr.? I don't know him or his dad, but here is a public record http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_farwell
Why would you associate with people like this?

Jason726
02-08-2008, 09:37 PM
This guy has a point. This site isn't user friendly, and it doesn't do a good job making how Dr. Paul feels on the issues. See the competition for comparison purposes: HillaryClinton.com. What is he doing with all that money?

Ron Paul talks about freedom:
What does securing the borders have to do with freedom?
What is he doing about the Patriot Act?
What freedoms and liberty is he going to increase?
What does he mean we will have to pay? Aren't we already paying too much?
Which taxes are going away?
Why is he hanging out with Jerry Falwell Jr.? I don't know him or his dad, but here is a public record http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_farwell
Why would you associate with people like this?

I don't think you understand the site. The website itself is not to have news stories on RP. We already have sites for that. It is a TOOL for the rp grassroots to use in order to get more coverage in the newspapers.

It is easy to use. Just register and check it out. Once you register it gives you detailed steps.

ronpaulhawaii
02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
registered

Jason726
02-08-2008, 09:49 PM
There are two posts up so far. If you can't find an article you want to put up. Then you can respond to one that has been posted.

verticalslope
02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
This is very interesting. I think its a great idea guys..

CaseyJones
02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
bump

Jason726
02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Well, then I hope you participate. We especially need to focus on the states left in the primary.