PDA

View Full Version : IF YOU CALL A RADIO SHOW - be prepared

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Please have a case to make. Some poor guy was on Mark Levin trying to talk about RP and the Constitution and Mark said make your case and the guy was rambling on..

SERIOUSLY. Have a script ready and talk the talk!!!!

Don't fumble the ball when you are given the chance to run with it!!!

I told my wife the speech I would have given with that opportunity and she has urged me to start calling, which I will.

But for heaven's sake, if you are given time to freely discuss RP, BE PREPARED AND KICK BUTT!!!

:)

(end of rant)

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 08:02 PM
I've got a ~45 mile commute (each way) that takes me ~50 minutes or so every day, so I get lot's of opportunities to call into my local talk radio shows. There's also a weekend show that's pretty easy to get on most of the time (well the host knows me by now and I think he's stopped letting me on, last time I tried he took >15 calls after I spoke to the screener and ended the show without letting me speak. They hate it when you out-debate them :)

The first few times I called in I was very nervous.

I wrote down a script and a couple of possible contingency answers.

Now days I can call in "on the fly", listen to the flow of conversation, and have something topical and concise to say right off the bat that gets a good message out even if I get cut off quick like often happens now.

Even still, if I have a chance, I try to write down my "opening" statement, but sometimes the hosts bring me own by asking a question so I have to think quick.

It really helps that I'm not trying to lie or conceal anything about the message of limited government, individual rights, and why Ron Paul is the only true Constitutional Conservative running for president.

Now I feel like an old pro.

aravoth
02-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Please have a case to make. Some poor guy was on Mark Levin trying to talk about RP and the Constitution and Mark said make your case and the guy was rambling on..

I told my wife the speech I would have given with that opportunity and she has urged me to start calling, which I will.

But for heaven's sake, if you are given time to freely discuss RP, BE PREPARED AND KICK BUTT!!!

(end of rant)

I heard it, but ya know, they guy got nervous. Being on a national radio show can get a little nerve racking. I'm happy that he gave it a shot.

TruthAtLast
02-08-2008, 08:06 PM

(end of rant)

I agree. Nothing worse that someone calling to support RP and they look like a "radical" or a "cook" that they claim RP and his supporters are.

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey William - I would probably start on a rant-like rampage and a guy like Levin would hang up on me, but maybe you could give us a walkthrough of your methods sometime?

I was so psyched - and Aravoth, I know the poor guy was nervous, but it's like "Hey, you know what, Mark might NEVER give another pro-Pauler a chance, got to make the most of it" - and I thought he was going to smack it out of the park!!! It bummed me out, but then I came home all inspired.

So Will - I would really look forward to seeing your mad radio host shredding skills on paper, and Aravoth - keep making kick-butt videos!!!

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
I agree. Nothing worse that someone calling to support RP and they look like a "radical" or a "cook" that they claim RP and his supporters are.

Uhh...I sort of like the idea of being a "radical cook"

Makes me extra spicy

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey William - I would probably start on a rant-like rampage and a guy like Levin would hang up on me, but maybe you could give us a walkthrough of your methods sometime?

I was so psyched - and Aravoth, I know the poor guy was nervous, but it's like "Hey, you know what, Mark might NEVER give another pro-Pauler a chance, got to make the most of it" - and I thought he was going to smack it out of the park!!! It bummed me out, but then I came home all inspired.

So Will - I would really look forward to seeing your mad radio host shredding skills on paper, and Aravoth - keep making kick-butt videos!!!

I actually have a ~13 minute mp3 file of one of my conversations with Paul Gallo, a talk show host out of Mississippi. I've tried uploading it to my Meetup file space but it gets cut to ~5 seconds and is useless.

If you or anyone else would like I can email you the mp3 file. Just PM me with your address.

Only problem is that I only get to say about 4 complete sentences before I am dumped and then the host spends 8 minutes trying to spin what I said.

So if you want it let me know.

StarKissed
02-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Very True, I was listening to Medved yesterday..It was pitiful....He just cut the guy off and baraged him with his reasons why Ron Paul couldn't shouldn't..and then Mark started bring up 9/11 BS and on and on, and the caller was either speechless or got cut off during Medved's retort. UGH!

QUOTE=Phenom24;1222018]Please have a case to make. Some poor guy was on Mark Levin trying to talk about RP and the Constitution and Mark said make your case and the guy was rambling on..

(end of rant)[/QUOTE]

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:00 PM

So, how did the so-called "Great One" handle the nervous guy? Respectfully or was he a jerk?

TXcarlosTX
02-08-2008, 09:01 PM
i hear that.. i called but couldnt get in