PDA

View Full Version : CNN about to do a segment on possibilty of split convention

utrunner07
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Just saw CNN is about to do a segment on who could get nominated if the party turns against McCain, lets see if they mention Ron....tune in.

itsnobody
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
don't count on it

but hopefully they will

ProfNo
02-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Just saw CNN is about to do a segment on who could get nominated if the party turns against McCain, lets see if they mention Ron....tune in.

Of course they will not mention him...

utrunner07
02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
well they did a segment on democrats, but before going to another commercial break they showed some clips of Ron...should be on after these commercials...we shall see

DAFTEK
02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Here we go :)

silverhandorder
02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
I am not falling in line with anyone!

freedom-maniac
02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Huh? Can any body inform me?

freedom-maniac
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
They just said many conservatives would sit out rather than vote for Mac.

Pretty good for a Indy run, especially considering that Mac will draw votes from the Dems, weakening both parties.

utrunner07
02-08-2008, 07:44 PM
The GOP Divide:

Let the Delegates pick?

Conservatives are split...

David Frum: McCain will find it easy to unite party, McCain will try to use VP as carrot.

Richard Vigur (sp?): McCain apparent nominee, Republicans are Royalists, McCain minority canidate, not likely Republicans open campaign. McCain likes to work with democrats, only got a 1/3 of republican votes. Republicans will try to scare voters into voting for McCain.

Possible to come in and take metal: some senators...blah blah blah

hardly no mention of Paul you guys were right.

Trigonx
02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Ron Paul's name was only dropped once, the rest of the time it was "Huckabee and others"

MGreen
02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
The host mentioned that only McCain, Huckabee and Paul are left running for the nomination.

VICTORY!!!

wgadget
02-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Yay!

Arkris
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I did like what Richard Vigur had to say about McCain trying to scare the conservatives into voting for him over the "boogey man"; that it doesn't work. Every time the Republicans tried to use the democrats as the only reason to vote Republican, without a defintitive plan and conservative principles, they fail.

Sounds like Ron Paul as the Republican nominee, or the Democrat will be President.

Trigonx
02-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Every republican voter needs to realize the fact its either Ron Paul or BUST for the Republican Party this election.

freedom-maniac
02-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Every republican voter needs to realize the fact its either Ron Paul or BUST for the Republican Party this election.

Well for them to do that they would have to face reality. Of course many of them would like to see another Clinton in office to kick around versus RP.

TruthAtLast
02-08-2008, 08:01 PM
The host mentioned that only McCain, Huckabee and Paul are left running for the nomination.

VICTORY!!!

haha, it is amazing that in this age of MSM, just getting a mention saying that Ron is even RUNNING is a victory.

It kills me every time I get an email or see an interview of people saying it is a two man race. Even Huckabee himself said it is a two man race when responding to Romney dropping out. How quickly he forgets what it felt like to be marginalized during the California CNN debate that was a Romney / McCain love fest?

wgadget
02-08-2008, 08:02 PM

Hey, maybe we could send the RNC a copy of this poll...just MAYBE they'd come around.

Arkris
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Of course many of them would like to see another Clinton in office to kick around versus RP.

Sadly, I suspect that that's probably the reasoning behind Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, FOX News, and all the other conservative pundits. Their ratings would sky-rocket with President Clinton (II) to kick around. Also, Clinton presidency would rally the conservatives behind whoever the Republican party decides to run next time.

Romney had the right idea dropping out. Any more time and money spent for a Republican (other then Ron Paul) this election is wasted. Just wait it out till next time.

wgadget
02-08-2008, 08:04 PM
haha, it is amazing that in this age of MSM, just getting a mention saying that Ron is even RUNNING is a victory.

It kills me every time I get an email or see an interview of people saying it is a two man race. Even Huckabee himself said it is a two man race when responding to Romney dropping out. How quickly he forgets what it felt like to be marginalized during the California CNN debate that was a Romney / McCain love fest?

Huckabee is neither a gentleman nor a statesman.

dbhohio47
02-08-2008, 08:08 PM

I'm not quite following your logic here. Are you suggesting that because McCain is not "conservative" enough for conservative voters that people will wake up and switch from a guy that has pulled in the majority of the votes & delegates to a guy (Ron Paul) that has received the vast minority of votes?! Not to mention the fact that the Republican party barely acknowledges that Ron Paul is a republican.

Somehow, I don't see that happening.

Trigonx
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm not quite following your logic here. Are you suggesting that because McCain is not "conservative" enough for conservative voters that people will wake up and switch from a guy that has pulled in the majority of the votes & delegates to a guy (Ron Paul) that has received the vast minority of votes?! Not to mention the fact that the Republican party barely acknowledges that Ron Paul is a republican.

99% chance they will still vote for McCain because they are sheep and will be allowed to be herded, however there is that 1% chance they will notice the options they have and will act on them and pick the candidate that represents the republican party and platform which is none other than the only conservative running, Ron Paul.

Fields
02-08-2008, 08:31 PM

How sad and true.

wgadget
02-08-2008, 08:33 PM

I think exposure of Ron Paul's message combined with the MSM's negligent reporting is a perfect recipe for some VERY ANGRY AMERICAN VOTERS.

Alawn
02-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Come November a huge number of conservatives will stay home rather than vote for McCain so there is no way he could ever win in the general.

Joseph Hart
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM

VICTORY!!!

sad that were celebrating a name recognition. But Ill still say YAY!

sharedvoice
02-08-2008, 09:35 PM
The only split Convention they will mention will be between Obama and Hillary.