PDA

View Full Version : Establishment Media: terrified of Ron Paul

Zydeco
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/08/its_time_for_them_to_go.html

This article has to be read to be believed.

Heretofore respected political commentator Stuart Rothenberg writes, in an article entitled "It's Time for Them to Go":

In other words, it's time for them - Ron Paul, Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, Dennis Kucinch and Mike Gravel - to go. Go to Iowa. Go to New Hampshire. Go somewhere. But get them off the stage with the credible candidates.
I'm not saying that it's time to winnow the debate fields down to the top tier candidates on either side. No, I wouldn't exclude Senators McCain, Brownback, Biden and Dodd or former Governor Huckabee. True, they are long-shots in the Presidential race, but there is a huge difference between them and the group above that I mentioned - the no shots.
The long shots have raised money, put together experienced campaign teams and have at least some chance of being nominated.

Yes, I know. Excluding candidates from forums and debates will generate a barrage of complaints from those who are excluded and from critics of "the establishment." They'll moan and groan that the media (or corporate America) is silencing them, denying the platform that they need to be heard. Of course they can't win if the media "silences" them, they'll say. "It's "censorship!" they'll scream.

Oh baloney. You could give Ron Paul and Mike Gravel an hour of free TV time from now until Christmas and they still wouldn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of being nominated by their respective parties.

Right now, Hunter, Tancredo and Paul together take up more than 35 percent of the time in a GOP debate (assuming participants get roughly equal amounts of time to answer questions). That's valuable time that the credible candidates don't get.

The point of debates, after all, is to help voters decide who they favor for President, not to give everyone who wants to be President exposure.

Wow, the MSM really are squealing over losing power to the Internet-driven people. It's pretty fun to watch Stuart Rothenberg's power to decide who's a "credible candidate" and who's a "no shot" slip thru his fingers...

Them days are gone, Stuey! :D

njandrewg
08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
that guy is a moron a) We don't get same amount of time. b) Ron Paul has more cash than Brownback which the guy wants to keep

ctb619
08-09-2007, 11:00 PM
"assuming participants get roughly equal amounts of time to answer questions"

Very poor assumption moron

hard@work
08-09-2007, 11:01 PM
He's saying that whoever has the most corporate donation should have the platform. He's saying nothing less, and he believes it whole heartedly.

paulitics
08-09-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Brownback is establishment, voted for the scamnesty plan. This writer shows his cards.

OURPLAN
08-09-2007, 11:02 PM
"The point of debates, after all, is to help voters decide who they favor for President, not to give everyone who wants to be President exposure."

What a shallow pool of ass.

This is the worst statement I've heard. It makes no sense what so ever.

ronpaulitician
08-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Only one will be president. We should probably all decide which candidate that will be, and just have him/her perform monologues.

Hook
08-09-2007, 11:04 PM
What an asshat. Why would he take out Paul when he gets ~10-15% in a lot of straw polls around the country? Who is he to decide who is credible?

Spirit of '76
08-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Notice guys like this don't provide the opportunity for users to comment and expose their idiocy.

Nor does he list an email address on the page so that we, his intellectual betters, can thoroughly educate him.

Hook
Someone should tell him that the UNR debate on Aug 20th HAS been winnowed down to 4. And Paul is one of them!

ctb619
Notice guys like this don't provide the opportunity for users to comment and expose their idiocy.

Nor does he list an email address on the page so that we, his intellectual betters, can thoroughly educate him.

Yep, I was searching furiously for a way to contact him. He doesn't want it hear it.

Kregener
08-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Rothenberg.

There ya go then...

Shink
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Veiled (very thinly) language meaning, "why are people trying to stop us from scripting the election, world events, and their lives? I hate it!" LOL These people are such worthless members of the human race.

paulitics
08-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Its pricks like that who have no respect for America's ideals. A debate is an opportunity to voice different perspectives to let the voters decide. I bet he would love to shut the internet down.

thomaspaine23
08-09-2007, 11:09 PM
http://cosmos.ucc.ie/cs1064/jabowen/IPSC/glosses/2007AIPAC_roster

He's an AIPAC supporter. Of course he'd be against Paul.
No more foreign aid to Israel...

Hook
08-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Well that explains about everything. Makes me want to kick his ass.

Zydeco
08-09-2007, 11:11 PM
stu@rothenbergpoliticalreport.com

Listed on his website

ctb619
08-09-2007, 11:13 PM
stu@rothenbergpoliticalreport.com

Listed on his website

nice!

libertarianguy
08-09-2007, 11:22 PM
mph

thomaspaine23
08-09-2007, 11:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Rothenberg

quickmike
08-09-2007, 11:27 PM
excuse my lack of eloquence with words but, ............................ what a DOUCHE this guy is. Yeah, lets all just let the MSM decide who is a credible candidate for us. I bet that asshat would just loooove that wouldnt he? The nazis are out there folks.

lucius
08-09-2007, 11:29 PM
his surname is rothenburg and he supports aipac...

Jewish American writers: Stuart Rothenberg

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Jewish_American_writers&from=R

aravoth
08-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Well that explains about everything. Makes me want to kick his ass.

you bring the billy clubs, I'll bring the beer.

Lord Xar
08-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Of course he tells them to go, because this guy is a schill of the special interests that funnel money to "certain" areas of the world and promote the globalist agenda...

this guy is exactly what he appears.... he knows that either of the current top tier canddidates on the left or right will see his, the writers, vision come to fruition..

He is DEATHLY afraid for alot of reasons.... so he diminishes the only ones to contest his will.

McDermit
08-09-2007, 11:45 PM
"The point of debates, after all, is to help voters decide who they favor for President, not to give everyone who wants to be President exposure."

What a shallow pool of ass.

This is the worst statement I've heard. It makes no sense what so ever.

Seriously. WTF is he smoking?

paulitics
08-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Like I said, this guy showed his cards. There are globalists polling low, and non-globalists polling low...Paul actually more grassroots than any. Guess who he wants to eliminate?

Eli
08-09-2007, 11:52 PM
lol ya know what i call "credible" all the top tier's voting records :)

Kuldebar
08-09-2007, 11:53 PM
The man needs a punch to the face for that arrogant and elitist swill, but a man like that won't say crap like that to another man's face.