PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul expected to finish in top 3 in Iowa

disinter
08-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Many Republicans see Texas Rep. Ron Paul as a wild card. He has received little attention. But with the enthusiastic following he has attracted, some party regulars predict he will finish in the top three.

http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/IOWACAUCUS/70809061/1011/IOWACAUCUS

ctb619
08-09-2007, 10:36 PM
I will be positively elated if we get a top three finish. I'm hoping for the best, but RP hasn't focused on Iowa as much as many of the other candidates. Also, he hasn't staked the survival of his campaign on a huge success in the straw poll like Tommy Thompson and others.

sylvania
08-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Be careful with expectations. This may be a set-up to claim that if he didn't finish in the top three, he didn't meet expectations and failed.

Always underpromise and overdeliver.

I like Ron Paul's words. Be cautiously optimistic.

UtahApocalypse
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I remember when we had the Utah GOP convention. I was hoping that we would at least be 5th or 6th, when the votes were tallied Ron Paul was 2nd only behind Mitt Romney. I don't have expectations, but hope. I know I jumped to the roof when I got the numbers here, If we place top 3 in Ames I will scream down the streets like it's new years!!

born2drv
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
So the poll is being held at Iowa State University? If so that could be great for Ron Paul.... it's like home field advantage since he seems to have the young and responsible and educated type crowd behind him. If we're lucky maybe there will even be a lot of younger veterans who served in Iraq as well since he does well with this demographic too.

Hopefully all these students will show up to vote.

Slugg
08-10-2007, 12:31 AM
If we place top 3 in Ames I will scream down the streets like it's new years!!

I hope you get to...then everyone will wonder what your screaming about...then you can tell them about Ron Paul.....we'll call it "Operation Run -n-Scream"......:D

spacebetween
08-10-2007, 12:35 AM
I remember when we had the Utah GOP convention. I was hoping that we would at least be 5th or 6th, when the votes were tallied Ron Paul was 2nd only behind Mitt Romney. I don't have expectations, but hope. I know I jumped to the roof when I got the numbers here, If we place top 3 in Ames I will scream down the streets like it's new years!!

Interesting way to look at this. You make a good point.

It seems that Iowa has been very friendly towards Dr. Paul in terms of media exposure and what the journalists write.