PDA

View Full Version : Why Romney Quit - So Obvious

ronpaulfan
02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
He was #2 because he pumped $35 million of his own money into his campaign. He wasn't going to pump in anymore and he didn't have steady fundraising nor a strong grassroots following. Huckabee on the other hand does. If Romney stayed in much longer, Huckabee (who was very close behind in delegates) would have passed him, then he would have been humiliated with a 3rd place finish. He quit yesterday to save himself that embarrassment.

polexi
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM
It was so obvious this topic wasn't necessary.

*burys

Bruno
02-08-2008, 06:27 PM
And to protect the ideals of the CFR.

ronpaulfan
02-08-2008, 06:31 PM
It was so obvious this topic wasn't necessary.

*burys

I saw this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116275) and had to respond :)

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 06:40 PM
There's more to it that that however. It was a tactical move by the NeoCons to get Mitt out of the way for McCain. They DON'T want a brokered convention. Look for Huckabee to "suspend" his campaign next...likely soon after Feb. 9. Hillary has been ordained, and the Establishment is moving pawns around to that end. Remember, this has nothing to do with parties anymore...R's and D's are the same damn thing now. Its all about who maintains power, and they belong to one party, THEIR OWN.

ronpaulfan
02-08-2008, 06:42 PM
There's more to it that that however. It was a tactical move by the NeoCons to get Mitt out of the way for McCain. They DON'T want a brokered convention. Look for Huckabee to "suspend" his campaign next...likely soon after Feb. 9. Hillary has been ordained, and the Establishment is moving pawns around to that end. Remember, this has nothing to do with parties anymore...R's and D's are the same damn thing now. Its all about who maintains power, and they belong to one party, THEIR OWN.

I think you give Mitt too much credit. Another 2 weeks and Huckabee would have had more delegates than him. This way he leaves a "hero" vs. a loser who wasted his family fortune.

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't give Mitt any credit for it. Mitt is a pawn, and he did what he was told. The credit goes to the people we DON'T see on CNN and Faux...the real power brokers of the Establishment.

ArrestPoliticians
02-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Huckabee has a strong grassroots following? LOL. What he has is media exposure and a likable personality, that is all.

polexi
02-08-2008, 06:46 PM
I saw this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116275) and had to respond :)

I was joking around. :D

ShowMeLiberty
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't give Mitt any credit for it. Mitt is a pawn, and he did what he was told. The credit goes to the people we DON'T see on CNN and Faux...the real power brokers of the Establishment.

So did they promise him the White House next time?

Meh, I don't go so far as to believe in a NWO conspiracy, but there certainly are some very powerful people behind the scenes in the GOP. I'm sure Mitt did not arrive at "his decision" without a lot of persuasion and deal-making by some of the big players.

Mike Chambers
02-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Mitt suspended his campaign instead of dropping out likely to be there ready to go in case McCain flips his lid. Can you just imagine the meds Johnny Mac must be on to keep him level?

ladyliberty3
02-08-2008, 06:52 PM
I listened in on the conference call that was listed in the Michigan grassroots email last night as my daughter lives in Michigan and the person who seemed to be conducting the call, I think he said his name was Adam, said Romney suspended his campaign to prevent a brokered convention. Almost looks like the PTB orchestrated this, as it was such a shock that just after saying he was in it til the end in the morning, suspended it that night!