PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Dumb it Down

Ex Post Facto
02-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I've been seeing posts to Ron Paul newspaper online articles where everyone identifies themselves as being a Ron Paul support. I have seen some that don't identify who they support, address the issues, and give the impression that they are going to switch to Ron Paul as a result of the information provided by the newspaper.

I think it is more powerful when you can't be labeled a Ron Paul supported, as media has already marginalized us, to not directly associate yourself as an RP supporter. We need to do this in the workplace, at events, and everywhere when we hear something unconstitutional. Make RP's name a good name, said by average people.

So, instead of saying: "I'm an Ron Paul supporter." Say, "These journalistic practices of excluding certain candidates is not right. By doing so, you make people question what role journalist take in selecting the next president. This lends creditability to Ron Paul's platform."

Just a thought.

pacelli
02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
There is a good subliminal acronym that Derek in Texas came up with during one of his phone calls to talk radio.

Derek, if you read this, what was it?

I remember it somewhat as, "I'm for Restoring Our Nation and.. P...A...U...L..."

Lou337
02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Agree. I'm doing a version of this for my project at college. Gonna show all the issues and who gets more face time and the voting records.

pacelli
02-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Also, since party affiliations seem to be the buzz lately, I think instead of saying "I'm a ron paul supporter", we say "I'm a republican/democrat/independent/libertarian/constitutionalist/green/etc". Then talk to the issues.

In order to make voting for Ron mainstream, I think it is important to get away from the shouting and screaming. Get away from the perceived isolationism of RP supporters-- as if we are in a class all of our own.

Ex Post Facto
02-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Man when I wrote this thread I thought for sure I was going to get flamed :)

Thats right talk about the issues, and lead the issues to Ron Paul's platform. Identifing yourself immediately as a Ron Paul supporter seems to not get the message across as effectively.

constituent
02-08-2008, 05:49 PM
dumb it down, ftw!!!!

i've been thinking of some one-liners lately, i'm afraid to post 'em in the forums though.

this place has become completely overrun.