PDA

View Full Version : Got a Convert Today!!!

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I volunteer at the Solomons Rescue Squad and Fire Department here in Maryland. LOTS of NeoCon Bush apologists around here, but here and there are some rays of sanity.

An EMT who I work with told me today that she saw one our giant "GOOGLE RON PAUL" banners. She told me that she said to herself, "Who the hell is Ron Paul???" She then went home and, you guessed it, she GOOGLED Ron Paul.

Long story short, my EMT friend is going to vote for Ron Paul based on what she read of him on the internet.

Ron's message sells itself to those who are willing to think. I was glad to have wittnessed a sheeple turn into a people.:D

ronpaulyourmom
02-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Thank god for google!

and thank god for the person who put up that sign. :)

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Thank god for google!

and thank god for the person who put up that sign. :)

Yes, Google and banners DO work sometimes. I know the guy who put that banner up. He and I put another one up 10 feet on some trees...still there too.

I held my own little sign bomb over the last couple of days here in MD. I've still got four more banner, but I ran out of signs.

pacelli
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
That's awesome, I hope she is already a registered republican!

Incidentally converts are easy to win with a little careful navigating. People are starving for some personal attention and sane conversation about this election season. Every time I have a service person over at my house, I ask them if they've been following the election. They always leave with some RP literature.

I got a random call 2 days ago from my plumber (last did work for me back in July) who said that he got turned onto Ron Paul because of THE LAST DEBATE (the one where Paul was silenced by AC). Now, he is registered and will be voting for Paul in the NC primary on May 6.

There is almost a gestational effect that Ron has on the uninformed. It takes a little time for people to really think about what he is saying, and how it would play out.

I asked

Molly1
02-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Cafferty just gave results of a new poll

President Bush 30 percent approval rating
Congress 22 percent approval rating

Given that, converts should be easy pickings

theczar1776
02-08-2008, 05:18 PM
awesome Google RP is one of the best slogan's we've got

Molly1
02-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Colin Powell refuses to endorse Mccain on CNN wolfe blitzer.

Leaving open that he might even vote Democrat.

liberteebell
02-08-2008, 05:20 PM
If this thing could stay mixed up for a while longer, we could definitely get to a LOT more people. Yesterday, my 15-year old told me that people just have to hear the message. She said she tells all her friends about RP and they say they love him and are going to tell their parents about him.

Since juan mc100war is the front runner, there's a lot of discontent among conservatives. Maybe they'll give RP a second look, we need to be especially nice :)

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Colin Powell refuses to endorse Mccain on CNN wolfe blitzer.

Leaving open that he might even vote Democrat.

Would be nice if he endorsed RP just to spite his old boss.:D