PDA

View Full Version : RP censored in WA state GOP phone poll (yes it is YOUTUBE'd)

911cartoon
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
So I got phone polled today.. right when I heard it was a political poll I knew I had to get it on the mic. Especially in the world we live in where the motto is "YOUTUBE IT OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!". Sure enough it was a Republican GOP poll and sure enough Ron Paul was not an option in the poll.. so here's one more for the YouTube world:

YOUTUBEz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNWjRJr9VcM

DIGG
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Does_Not_Exist_WA_state_phone_poll

fedup100
02-08-2008, 04:34 PM
The march of millions of pissed of Paul supporters needs to be against the GOP HQ this bunch of fascist hacks must be taken down.

Ayse
02-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Push Poll for Huckabee

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/cats/common_sense_is/

Posts on “Common Sense Issues”
Huck Lovin' Push Pollers to Hit Florida with 2.5 Million Calls
By Paul Kiel - January 23, 2008, 5:05PM

And ... into Florida. The Mike Huckabee-supporting push poll group Common Sense Issues has stormed further south. The group's executive director Patrick Davis tells me that they planned to call "over 2.5 million homes" in Florida before the weekend. They'll also be calling "close to 200,000" homes in Missouri in anticipation of Super Tuesday. That will put the group's total calls this election so far at nearly 8.5 million.

When I asked Davis if he thought that the calls had helped Huckabee in South Carolina, considering the outcome and the negative press about the calls, he said "absolutely." Though "we would have liked to come out on top," he said, the calls "helped to define the issues for the voters making the decisions and differentiating between each candidate."

To refresh your memory, the calls are done in a poll format. Davis let me listen to the Florida call.

The caller starts with "this is Election Research with a 45-second survey" (though the call actually lasted more than four minutes). After asking if you support Bush, the call asks whether you'll be voting in the primary, and then asks who you'll be voting for. If you say Giuliani (like I did), you're asked whether you consider yourself pro-life, and then told that Giuliani is "staunchly pro-abortion" and that "in contrast," Huckabee is a "pro-life champion." The call goes on to unfavorably contrast Giuliani with Huckabee on the issues of gay rights, immigration, gun ownership, and taxes. After asking if you support the Florida Marriage Amendment, you're asked if you have a favorable opinion of Sen. Bill Nelson (D-FL) (I said yes, but no attack came). At the end of the call, the voice says that it was paid for by Common Sense Issues. (You can see our transcript of an anti-Thompson call here.)

The anti-Romney calls are substantially similar. The anti-McCain calls focus on his support for "experiments on unborn babies" and the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law, which the voice calls “the most restrictive assault on free speech ever passed in America.”

Here's how the group gets to that total of nearly 8.5 million calls, according to Davis: 850,000 in Iowa, 400,000 in New Hampshire, 3 million in Michigan, over 1 million in South Carolina, approximately 500,000 in Nevada, and then the 2.5 million in Florida, and 200,000 in Missouri, which are ongoing.

Hat tip to NRO's Campaign Spot, where readers first reported getting the calls.

Lord Xar
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
maybe Paul HQ needs to do some push polling.

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 04:40 PM
This is the stuff the campaign needs to be informed of and that they need to counter. They can't just sit by and allow this shit to happen. I mean, for God's sake, people in NY were told he'd dropped out and not allowed to vote for him.

Come on HQ!! Do SOMETHING!!

nodope0695
02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
maybe Paul HQ needs to do some push polling.

Damn straight. Time to fight the enemy on their own level...mano y mano.

MrZach
02-08-2008, 04:47 PM
these push poll calls are bogus - notice Huckster didn't win any of those states except Iowa and Missouri - and Iowa - I was there - is a bunch of idiots who don't need those type of calls. They all just voted for him 'cuz he's a good Christian man for cryin out loud! (and because of the Passion of the Christ email list that Huckster got a hold of).

In Missouri - I used to live there - same crap... Bible belt nuts. All Hail our Pastor & Chief! That's the motto...

t3rmin
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
I got that push poll for Huckabee here in Washington State.

faisal
02-08-2008, 04:54 PM

fedup100
02-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Romney the christian used that before super tuesday and made sure every person that was called was told Paul had dropped out of the race. I tell you this, how can you win the game when the opponent is playing with different rules. Nice guys finish last.

This is an effin revolution, play the game to win, they sure as hell are. Of course the caucus is tomorrow here in WA. Time is of the essence.

RP 247
02-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I live in Kansas and I got this phone call yesterday.