PDA

View Full Version : SOO...Any luck today getting through to the radio talk shows?

wgadget
02-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Open phone lines, etc. going on today....Anyone get through? If so, I haven't heard ya...:mad:

WilliamC
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
I got a great call in today on the Paul Gallo show heard Statewide across Mississippi.

The normal host was sick and the guest host let me talk for much longer than normal.

Of course the call screener knows who I am and as they were talking about State-specific issues today (illegal immigration and eminent domain laws, I know they are national but they were talking explicitly about the MS Legislature) I actually promised the call screener I wouldn't bring up Ron Paul.

But I got a couple of long explanations in about the fundamental issue of those who think the government should be doing "for the greater good" (however that is defined) versus those who think that government should ONLY protect individual rights, about the takeover of the Federal gov by the super-rich when the FED was established and the income tax was put into place, about how the States have essentially become appendages of the Federal government when they are supposed to be superior to it, and several other (IMO) profound anti-establishment messages I've heard Ron Paul talk about.

The host was pretty much in 100% agreement with me, and at the very end when the host asked me what we could do to change things, I said "well I promised your screener I wouldn't name names but you know who is running for President who truly supports the Constitution" and the host said Ron Paul!

Great call today if I say so myself :)