PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party/Unity tickets and VP slot?

RPTXState
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM
If Dr. Paul either does go 3rd party, or gets very lucky and gets the Republican nod, what happens if he gets a concurrent nomination from a 3rd party, but they put a different VP with paul?

EX: If the Libertarians put forth a Paul/Kubby ticket, and the Constitutionalists put forth, say, Paul/Peroutka, what happens in the General Election?

And if the Republicans force a Paul/Romney, or w/e if you think we can still get the Rep nod, how does that play into this mess?

PC_for_Paul
02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
If Dr. Paul either does go 3rd party, or gets very lucky and gets the Republican nod, what happens if he gets a concurrent nomination from a 3rd party, but they put a different VP with paul?

EX: If the Libertarians put forth a Paul/Kubby ticket, and the Constitutionalists put forth, say, Paul/Peroutka, what happens in the General Election?

And if the Republicans force a Paul/Romney, or w/e if you think we can still get the Rep nod, how does that play into this mess?

I would think if he got the nod from the GOP( stop dreaming?), then I would think any 3rd Party that supports Ron Paul would also let him pick his running mate, so we would go with the bigger ticket, IE GOP.

I think a better question would be, will the LP and CP be able to accept whom ever we pick as a running mate. That may be the biggest hurdle we have on that route.

I say we need to know by march 15th, we can Stay GOP for a little more than 30 more days, then it's time to shit or get off the pot.

We shouldn't trade the revolution for a speaking engagement at the convention. In a room full of warmongers our words fall of deaf ears.

JS4Pat
02-08-2008, 03:24 PM
We shouldn't trade the revolution for a speaking engagement at the convention. In a room full of warmongers our words fall of deaf ears.
I agree that is NOT enough of a consolation prize for the work we have done.