PDA

View Full Version : encouraging stuff

manny
02-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Just wanting to step back from the detailed discussions about delegate numbers, brokered conventions etc (much of which I can't get my head round:o) and looking at general means of pushing Ron I wanted to post this link to a discussion on free-republic:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1967039/posts?q=1&;page=1#1

As background - this was a website very openly hostile to Ron where he was regarded by 99% as a joke. Many called him a liberal for his foreign policy positions and wouldn't listen beyond that. But this thread - and there are many others like it - shows a growing number of people waking up. I've seen this on a few websites and it always follows the same pattern - a pattern many of us here seem to actively work against.

I've said it before but it's true - Ron's last chance now is to wake people up to the fact that he's a true conservative - especially in contrast to RINOs McCain and Huckabee.

People on the thread I posted above openly say they disagree with Ron on the war but will support him for the rest. I think this is common among Republicans who have been brainwashed into believing the war was patriotic. Yet, which issue do most of us (me included) always want to stress most - the war!

Now I know it's all connected and Ron isn't into pandering. But that doesn't mean we must shoot ourselves in the foot.

We must establish first in people's minds that Ron is the true conservative, then they'll look at his war stance more openly. The best thread I've ever seen on freerepublic for Ron was one where someone posted an article he wrote really laying into the UN for its anti-gun agenda. So so many republicans agree with Ron on 95% of issues - passionately - but we're hurting him by choosing to parade his anti-war votes so prominently.

I have no specific ideas to promote on how to get ron's message out - I know nothing abour running a campaign but wanted to alert people to a development I've seen and hopefully we can push such openings, especially in Texas.

(please don't register and bombard freerepublic - they don't like it - those guys posting have frequently been there years)

ronpaulyourmom
02-08-2008, 03:15 PM
That is pretty encouraging. It shows that we would have a good chance in the general.

Dave Wood
02-08-2008, 03:17 PM
That is a bit of a shock........freepers coming around to Paul??? Make sure you politely let them know that it is partially their fault that johnny mac is sitting close to the nom.

spudea
02-08-2008, 03:19 PM
a true conservative can't support endless wars. Tell them that!

liberteebell
02-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Do you post there? If so, they need to hear that Ron Paul is for a very strong national DEFENSE, including closing the borders for NATIONAL SECURITY. Somehow, many republicans think he's a roll-over-and-play-dead pacifist/isolationist. NOTHING could be further from the truth!!!!! He's more "Reganesque" than Reagan.

Ron Paul has a fabulous record for supporting the military and veterans and all he wants is an honest debate before we send our national treasure off to die.
Perhaps link some speeches of Ron Paul's--if they'll read them and really understand what he says, they'll be blown out of the water. He may not speak well but he thinks brilliantly.

And besides, war is not pro life.

Also, as to the military itself, just spoke to a Navy wife today who had been traveling overseas and she said Americans and America is viscerally hated everywhere. They want us out of their countries.

the_bee
02-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Do you post there? If so, they need to hear that Ron Paul is for a very strong national DEFENSE, including closing the borders for NATIONAL SECURITY. Somehow, many republicans think he's a roll-over-and-play-dead pacifist/isolationist. NOTHING could be further from the truth!!!!! He's more "Reganesque" than Reagan.

Ron Paul has a fabulous record for supporting the military and veterans and all he wants is an honest debate before we send our national treasure off to die.
Perhaps link some speeches of Ron Paul's--if they'll read them and really understand what he says, they'll be blown out of the water. He may not speak well but he thinks brilliantly.

And besides, war is not pro life.

Also, as to the military itself, just spoke to a Navy wife today who had been traveling overseas and she said Americans and America is viscerally hated everywhere. They want us out of their countries.

bumper

Rahl
02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
copied from freerep

"Unfortunately too many of us spent too much time dissing RP....and look what we got: McCain"

manny
02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Frustratingly I don't post there. I lurked for ages before last year reading their neo-con rubbish and registered when Ron announced to run. Took me all of about 3 days to get banned, as many others did, just for wishing to politely promote Ron and his ideas. They were seriously for Fred, then Rudy or Mitt would do, now they're realising Paul is the only conservative left. Hopefully their thought processes are mirrored at large (of course we can help that with some door-to-door!)

Anyone here got an account there? I'm itching to respond to some of the stuff that they post but don't want to anger them by setting up another new account. Probably best they find out for themselves but time is short.

liberteebell
02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
copied from freerep

"Unfortunately too many of us spent too much time dissing RP....and look what we got: McCain"

Someone finally gets it (a little late in the game but...). We still have lots of states to go and I'm thinking positively. juan mc100war just ain't gonna cut it with true conservatives.

josh24601
02-08-2008, 05:06 PM
I got repeatedly banned on that site months ago when I would attempt to support RP. I wasn't nutty or abrasive or anything, I simply supported Ron Paul, and called out the other candidates on their liberalism. That was back when supporting Ron Paul meant you were a Code Pink operative in disguise. The rhetoric on that forum is unbelievable.

I'm torn reading threads like this one now, part of me is encouraged that they are realizing what they have wrought on our country, the other part of me wants to let them drown in the liberal beast they've created.

Most members of that site really do feel the most comfortable when they have a Great Leader marching them into battle somewhere. Liberty and individualism don't mean very much. Dialogue usually consists of smearing anybody who disagrees with the party line (and the party line there is anti-McCain at the moment, there was a time when Ron Paul got the same treatment).

They deserve John McCain to go Patriot Act all over their asses.

ConstitutionGal
02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I'd honestly have to say that 90% of Freepers are lost causes. I had been posting there since 1999 and was well-respected until about 3 months ago when I made a couple of posts supporting Ron Paul. As always, I was polite but firm, and still got banned. Just a few years ago Dr. Paul was something of a hero on that site for his Constitutional stands on many issues. Then, he became a party black-sheep for opposing the war on terror and immediately became a pariah. I guess it's something of a good sign that some folks there are now coming back around to the light but I suspect it's just some of the older posters who, thus far, have managed to stay under the radar of the mods and JimRob himself.

Evazan
02-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I can almost understand, not agree with, their stance on the WOT but their stance on Iraq baffles me. Would all of these people think we would have been better off if we were still fighting in Vietnam today?

Xenophage
02-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Those people make me sick. They agree with him everything except the War on Terror? I call bullshit. Their "conservative principles" aren't principles at all, or they WOULD agree with Paul.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that understands what we're up against in this "WOT" (lawlz) and how to deal with it effectively!

People are so stupid.

virginiakid
02-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Interesting....

dannno
02-08-2008, 06:38 PM
horray for bizzaro world!!

i guess i've always lived here.

TruthAtLast
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Put the foreign policy assign for a moment and that we are pissing off extremists.

Regarding the war.... I want a Ferrari but I can't afford one. Even if Ron Paul was FOR the war, WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!!!

The Government borrows money from China to continue something we can't afford. Half of the income tax goes to JUST pay the Interest on that debt. The other half goes to maintaining our empire of 700 bases in 130 countries.

Ask these people HOW MUCH they like the war. Enough to never have social security? Enough to have a 70% income tax some day to repay our debts? Enough to lose even more jobs and drive our economy into the ground?

Give them a choice between keeping their house and staying in IRAQ and let's see what they choose.