PDA

View Full Version : So, finally, i'm seeing Ron Paul ads on my TV...

inspectorgadget
02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
They tend to come on CNN, i've noticed... what i'm wondering is whether or not these are national ads, are you guys seeing them all over the place or are they just being played locally here in Texas since the March Primary is coming up?

It's the HOPE ad that I keep seeing.

wgadget
02-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm in GA and still haven't seen an RP commercial on TV. Course, I don't watch much tv.

yongrel
02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I hope they're Texas-only. Most cost-effective.

Lord Xar
02-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Is it a "new" ad? He needs to do something different. Perhaps attack McCain as a liberal and RON the ONLY CONSERVATIVE IN THE RACE!!!!!

faisal
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I hope they're Texas-only. Most cost-effective.

True. Texas is a delegate rich state and currently has the most precinct's covered according to the official ron paul site.

inspectorgadget
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Is it a "new" ad? He needs to do something different. Perhaps attack McCain as a liberal and RON the ONLY CONSERVATIVE IN THE RACE!!!!!

It's this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmY-fW3gdc

kgiese
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Advertising is expensive. I guess real reporting costs real money. How is that news? McCain is being presented as news. The real news is extortion isn't reporting.

LittleLightShining
02-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I agree, Ron Paul needs new commercials. The ones in the NH market were pretty weak. But I disagree that he should go on the personal offense. What Ron Paul does best is talk about the issues and he should be shown doing that in the commercials. I've seen some great youtube videos-- like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I73Ac1r2Ko. The HQ should look into getting some of those folks to put together 30 second spots.

The problem I see with that ad is that there isn't enough text and way too much flag. People are used to reading tickers at the bottom of the news screen while the talking heads are doing their thing.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-08-2008, 03:16 PM
I wish I would see some in MD. Our primary is on the 12th and I have not seen one yet at all but we are bombarded by other ad's.