PDA

View Full Version : "They (police) gave me a DWR-driving while Republican"

Dave Wood
02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8UMBDBO0

The police are being pretty unfair to this kid.

I had to post this due to the term "DWR" LMAO

RWill
02-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Those statutes usually do not apply to rear windows. Some vans do not even have rear windows. I would love to find the statute and help this guy have the charges dropped.

RPDelegate
02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I have two large RP signs in my rear window of my truck. Wonder if I'll ever get stopped.

Alabama Supporter
02-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Kid sounds disrespectful. Probably could have gotten out of all of those citations with kindness to the officers.

Dave Wood
02-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I think Rush would go crazy over "DWR-driving while Republican". He would probably say that it wouldnt surprise him if someone wrote a law against that behavior.

1000-points-of-fright
02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
This kid is an idiot. If the law states that you can't block the view, then so be it. It obviously does not apply to vans or trucks without rear windows.

If you're gonna make a statement by breaking the law, you pay the price. That's civil disobedience.

nullvalu
02-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I have two large RP signs in my rear window of my truck. Wonder if I'll ever get stopped.

I have 2 bumper stickers in my rear bumper. While leaving a RP rally, I got pulled over. Granted, I *was* speeding. But I was given only given a written warning, then the cop & his partner asked me all about Ron Paul (they must have know I'd just left the rally).. We talked for about 5 minutes and I left them with some RP slim jims. ;)

sharedvoice
02-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I have 2 bumper stickers in my rear bumper. While leaving a RP rally, I got pulled over. Granted, I *was* speeding. But I was given only given a written warning, then the cop & his partner asked me all about Ron Paul (they must have know I'd just left the rally).. We talked for about 5 minutes and I left them with some RP slim jims. ;)

lol nice.

michaelwise
02-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I see all manner of stickers on rear windows. In memory of this person or that person, business advertising, window tint, etc. If the law is applied evenly without discrimination, then it is fine. If not, it is discrimination. If the kid loses, he should order law enforcement to apply the law without discrimination or ask that the law be overturned. Call the cops on everyone he sees with stickers on the rear window.

Wyurm
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
This kid is an idiot. If the law states that you can't block the view, then so be it. It obviously does not apply to vans or trucks without rear windows.

If you're gonna make a statement by breaking the law, you pay the price. That's civil disobedience.

Umm, you have alot of unnecessary and misdirected anger pent up.

He's 18 and he has a decal on his rear window. That is why he got pulled over. Here you aren't supposed to have one of those tree air fresheners hanging from your rear-view mirror and kids get pulled over and searched because of them all the time. I've had one for the last 7 years and haven't had a single problem. Why? because I'm not a kid and I don't have a record or look like I should. Also, I'm not talking out of my arse. I really do know this because my wife's best friend works for the police dept.

Yes it is a form of profiling, but that's just how it is.

KevinR
02-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Its legal to drive without a rearview mirror, therefore a rear window is also optional

Madcat455
02-08-2008, 04:05 PM
He has to check his state laws...

In MI and FL, you have to have at least 2 mirrors. Either both door mirrors (in which case a rear window is optional like with vans), or a rear view mirror combined with a drivers side mirror (the Dirvers Door mirror is a MUST), which would require the rear window to be unobstructed.

Now.. A Buick Park Ave "should" have both door mirrors, so if his states law is written like mine.. he's got a good case.

Sorry.. 1st amendment doesn't apply if it makes the car unsafe(unless he's not driving it).

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
nt

RPFP
02-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Umm, you have alot of unnecessary and misdirected anger pent up.

He's 18 and he has a decal on his rear window. That is why he got pulled over. Here you aren't supposed to have one of those tree air fresheners hanging from your rear-view mirror and kids get pulled over and searched because of them all the time. I've had one for the last 7 years and haven't had a single problem. Why? because I'm not a kid and I don't have a record or look like I should. Also, I'm not talking out of my arse. I really do know this because my wife's best friend works for the police dept.

Yes it is a form of profiling, but that's just how it is.

No he is right. Those laws are in place for a reason. If the back window is obstructed there is a huge blind spot where people riding bikes for instance would be totally obscure. Good for him that he supports Ron Paul, but he broke the law now he has to pay. It is his own fault.

kgiese
02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Stickers in windows would definately be my number one priority, since there is virtually no crime in America! Go team America! Don't argue with police. They practically are given a law degree during their intensive training. It isn't easy to become an officer. They have much experience including, but not limited to: technical college, advanced college degrees, military backgrounds, weapons training, forensics, and martial arts. You need to tune into CSI and see what the life of an officer is all about. Just keep your mouth shut next time and do what you are told. America will be a much better place without your smart-mouthed little sticker. He should have employed some non-lethal force like a spit bag, restraints, or a taser. It is people like you that are clogging up our court system with your frivoulous complaints. Thank God he didn't send you to jail where I would have had to pay for your college education, medical and dental.