PDA

View Full Version : LEAVE Ron Paul's Speaking Style Alone! - Chris Crocker

ButchHowdy
02-08-2008, 03:01 PM
C'mon folks.

Ron Paul is REAL. Let's see any one of YOU get up before crowds of people with simple crib notes and deliver such well organized, outlined, and concise speeches as he does.

This isn't friggin Star Search. This man is trying to undo 100 years of this negative establishment and you armchair debaters are worried about how dapper we must make him.

Guess what??? Mr. Dapper just dropped out !! Dapper don't hunt!!

wgadget
02-08-2008, 03:02 PM
I heard the crowd was 10,000. Now THAT is a crowd.

RonPaulFTFW
02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
he sounds good to me.

CrownThyGood
02-08-2008, 03:11 PM
bump

airborne373
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
lol- Just for bringing in Chris Crocker's name into this forum. :-)

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Butch - I love ya, but I have to disagree.

Look, I sing in church. All the time.

If I get up there, and sing the most amazing song in church-dom, but have a cold, or laryngitis, it's going to sound bad!

Ron has A GREAT message, but he's got to deliver it in a way where people JUST..CAN'T...CHANGE...THE....CHANNEL.

If he starts screeching, they just do what I do when someone sings and starts cracking - I tune it out and look away.

I love him and the message, don't get me wrong - but if it was smooth, matter of fact, and to the point - NOT RAMBLING AND SCREECHY - people might sit through an entire speech that otherwise wouldn't.

Know what I mean?

SWATH
02-08-2008, 03:17 PM
He sounds good to me too, but we, who favor real sincerity, seem to number around 10%. Obama gets HUGE support because "he speaks so well...he's so well spoken". I believe this is also why Huckabee does so well. There is a huge contingent of voters out there who vote on style, personality, and charisma. Ron's got plenty of that for me, but many need the pre-packaging to an extent, many people get their deli meat in a plastic package in a cardboard box rather than the meat slicer. No one is saying to change his style or content, just to present it a little less awkward sometimes to appeal to the shallow types whose vote we need too.

JMann
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Real doesn't win presidential elections but it will blow through 35 million dollars in 6 months.

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
If you sing like William Hung, you can't expect people to buy your record.

If you sing like Josh Groban......

Sorry, stuck on the singing thing.