PDA

View Full Version : Iv'e decided, I'm not giving up....and apparently so have you.

Seanmc30
02-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Just speaking in generalities, what I have seen over the last week has floored me. I saw disappointment after super Tuesday...for about a day. Now the forum has more people viewing during any average time than ever before. Donations are still coming in. Ron Paul has the most deligates and a well organized deligate structure. The positive buzz about RP is picking up (millitary donations, true conservatism, etc.). The public is having a realization that McCain is no better than Hillary, the media is jumping on it...and Republicans are not happy.

Slow and steady.

The Republican Convention is in September....8 MONTHS FROM NOW. Thats a long damn time.

This has only begun.

yongrel
02-08-2008, 03:00 PM
This won't be over for a long, long time.

kgiese
02-08-2008, 03:01 PM
With all the quitters the votes have to go somewhere.

JonathanR
02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
The more support Paul continues to have after he's supposedly "done," the bigger the statement we make.

liberteebell
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Just speaking in generalities, what I have seen over the last week has floored me. I saw disappointment after super Tuesday...for about a day. Now the forum has more people viewing during any average time than ever before. Donations are still coming in. Ron Paul has the most deligates and a well organized deligate structure. The positive buzz about RP is picking up (millitary donations, true conservatism, etc.). The public is having a realization that McCain is no better than Hillary, the media is jumping on it...and Republicans are not happy.

Slow and steady.

The Republican Convention is in September....8 MONTHS FROM NOW. Thats a long damn time.

This has only begun.

Damn straight!! People just need to hear the message. Time is on our side.

colecrowe
02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
sorry for the spam...but it's positive, and it proves the OP right!

Go to www.RonPaulWhitehouse.com (http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/) and pledge to show your support for the most amazing statesman this country will have had for who knows how long (JUST IN CASE).

BUT

I admit, and am happy to do so: There is no reason to think we need to go iNDY until we see what happens between now and March 4th. He MIGHT start stomping McCain based on low voter turnout due to apathy since the media has 110% called it for McCain, and based on how horrible a choice McCain is and how much he is getting lambasted in on the air and in print, and at the 'watercooler'. Especially as Iraq of course continues blowing up and the economy gets worse. Here is my proof:

http://lh4.google.com/croweswedding/R6ywAK-LXxI/AAAAAAAAB3I/6idRU4Flu2o/2-8-08ronpauldonation.JPG?imgmax=576

Thank you for your generous donation of $100.00!

Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.
We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.
You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

But after March 4th...

I'm out if in a month's time he continues to win 0 states and still has less than 15% support and yet refuses to go iNDY (I'll still write him in and spread the word, make calls, etc., but I probably won't donate anymore, and I'll be very sad).

Well, I can safely say...if donations dry up....Paul will be forced to call it quits, so please continue to DONATE.

http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/

my dad said he'd donate another 500 to Paul (IF he announces 3rd party) (he donated 200 on Dec. 16th--but that was when it seemed like he REALLY could maybe, possibly win the Nom. I would donate 500 the day he declares (even though it will hurt financially), whereas I can't afford to give anymore (I gave just over a 1,100 in Q4 to the cause--so shut up) for his Republican run; and gramps would probably wager another 1776.00

The 2nd and 3rd tier, broader-base of supporters aren't (many or most of them) going to donate MORE--if they already have once--because TO THEM it is obvious or at least nearly certain that he's not going to get the Nom from the Republican party (I'm not saying I believe that--but they DO). However, they would be very willing and enthusiastic about supporting him in an iNDEPENDENT run. Primary Calendar: http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/calendar.asp (http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/calendar.asp)

Month

Date

Feb.

Kansas Republican caucus
Louisiana

District of Columbia
Maryland
Virginia

Washington
Wisconsin

March

Ohio
Rhode Island
Texas
Vermont

Mississippi
April

Pennsylvania
May

Indiana
North Carolina

Nebraska
West Virginia primary

Kentucky
Oregon

Idaho Republican primary
June

Montana primary
New Mexico Republican primary
South Dakota
August

Aug. 25-28

Democratic National Convention — Denver, CO
September

Sept. 1-4

Republican National Convention — Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

txporchpisser
02-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I put in my $25.00 today.

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!