PDA

View Full Version : Imagine all precinct leaders in one state...

Elwar
02-08-2008, 02:48 PM
This is the very concept behind the Free State Project.

I know some of you are new to the fight for liberty, but a lot of us have been in this for a long time. We get pumped up every presidential election backing the LP candidate hoping to at least get the message of liberty out this one time (figuring that if our message was heard at a presidential debate then surely all of America would vote for our candidate). We have pro-liberty candidates running all over the country, we get excited when a candidate for governor gets 10% in a state election.

But in the end we're spread all across the country and garner 1-10% of the vote at all of the various elections.

The point of the Free State Project is to "focus like a laserbeam" all of this activism into a single state. Go from 50 1% finishes to 1 50% finish.

Look at the numbers coming in all across the country. Precinct leaders that go out and canvass give Ron Paul a huge boost, sometimes having him win their precinct or come in second. In New Hampshire where there are already free staters working hard he did well in each and every county where those activists lived. He got 8% of the vote in a heavily contested state with only 500 early movers on the ground. Imagine if all 17,500 precinct leaders lived in New Hampshire...every county with 100-1000 people canvassing the neighborhoods weekly.

The successes of just 500 people there so far have been big, electing one free stater to the NH house of representatives along with many pro-liberty bills put through.

I know...picking up and moving to New Hampshire is no small task. I have signed up but I still live in the sunny south so I understand completely. But that does not mean you can't still support the project from afar. Learn about the project, spread the word to those who might be more willing to move for liberty, donate to their many projects (I believe there's a liberty scholarship fund someone started that gives scholarships to people who want to leave public school for a private school, as well as many others). Go to their activist pages, they are polished in their activisim...learn from some experts. Donate to James Forsyth!! I've never met the guy in person but from my time in the FSP forums he's sounded like he's a great ally in the cause of individual liberty and would make a great Congressman.

Or, perhaps you actually do want liberty in your lifetime and are willing to do whatever it takes. Then I would suggest you go sign up. Once they have 20k people sign up then you have 5 years to get your butt up to New Hampshire and get to work on making that happen. I signed the pledge...it'd take a lot of convincing for my wife but I'm sure I could work it into enough conversations over 5 years to convince her.

If you're new to all of this, then I welcome you and want you to know that you're in for a lot of hard times...the opponents of liberty are many and they are powerful. This is something you should at least check out if you haven't heard of it already.

http://www.freestateproject.org

I'm curious, how many people here have checked out the FSP? How many have signed up, how many have moved?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I would go to Texas the week leading up to March 4th, not sure how'd they accept a Yankee though