PDA

View Full Version : funny story......

Roxi
08-09-2007, 09:30 PM
The night before last I went to a Townhall meeting on the NAU. we had a pretty strong Ron Paul supporter presence there 8RP'ers out of 30 people, it was hosted at a busy library though with 4 other meetings and a corvette convention going on.. We canvased slim jims and on the main table with all the literature we had slim jims and bumper stickers. I would say we converted a few people.

Anyway on the way there I was listening to a radio show on whatever station was on when I got in (I share a car) After listening for about 3-4 min I had decided the host was insane. Then a lady called in whining about Newt saying we were fighting a phony war, and I thought she's just as crazy as him then the host said, "well newt sometimes says things that mean something different than how it came out, surely he didn't mean we were fighting a phony war...." then it was god bless this and that, oh and of course the troops (no offense)

all of a sudden the commercial came on and clarified I had been listening to Hannity.... I had to laugh and thought geez no wonder i thought they were nuts...

probably needs to be moved but thought i would share

Will
08-09-2007, 10:00 PM
To be fair, Newt was talking about the "phoney war". It's actually a historical reference to the early phase of WWII. Keep in mind that Newt is a history professor. His reference was actually pretty accurate. He's suggesting that we are involved in the early phase of WWIII and that the battle in Iraq is just a preview of the real war - the war between the radical idiology of wahaabism and the rest of the world...

PS. I'm with Ron Paul on this one. We don't invade a country unless Congress declares war. We DO declare war on and kill anyone that fucks with us! Iraq was not directly related to the war that we're in. We DID contribute to what's going on with our meddling in foreign affairs. etc, etc, etc...

As for Sean Hannity, on my way home from work today, I heard him talking about Giuliani. For some reason, I was picturing him on his knees in fron t of Rudy and Rudy had a BIG smile on his face. You get the idea....

Roxi
08-09-2007, 10:04 PM
LMAO... I never listen to hannity, and I wasn't familiar with the newt comment or the story behind it, but just the way they sounded throughout this whole thing, and the fact that i thought they were nuts before i knew who it was made it hilarious to me

Will
08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
I used to listen to and watch Hannity regularly. However, when he started pushing the "top tier" assholes on us, I began to rapidly dislike him. After I saw/heard him mock and attack Ron Paul, I became downright angry at him. I'm still watching the prick because I want to see what he does to try to get Giuliani, Thompson, or McCain elected.

I thought he was a "good American". Now I'm convinced that he's just a prick.