PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots is better at support, not attacking

josh24601
02-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Honestly, as a support infrastructure to the Ron Paul campaign, the grassroots is phenomenal, invaluable. The meetups, moneybombs, etc. The best role for Ron Paul grassroots is positive support of Ron Paul.

The moment you start trying to "attack" something or someone, however, it all goes to crap.

You (we) have, unfortunately yet pretty fairly deserved, a reputation of being looney conspiracy theorists. Diebold, CFR, Illuminati, etc. Thank God Kucinich cornered the market on UFOs or that would be on our list to. WE HAVE NO CREDIBILITY when it comes to exposing things with "regular" people, because so many here are so loud about stupid things.

In fact, even if you found damning evidence against John McCain about some nefarious campaign-killing thing, probably the best thing to happen for him would be if Ron Paul supporters were the ones yelling and screaming about it.

We have cried wolf so many times about stupid things, if anybody here was to actually find good dirt on McCain, it would get clumped with all of the rest.

I suppose, then, if anybody is REALLY super all about attacking McCain, keep Ron Paul's name and your association with him out of it, or you'll kill your message before anybody even hears it (and likely the remaining credibility of Dr. Paul left that the tinfoil supporters haven't already ruined).

sharedvoice
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM

Speak for yourself. Personally I like going for the jugular vein. Blood n' Guts!

Politics is dirty business, especially when it involves your personal Liberty and Freedoms – you have to “Kill or be killed” in this game man. That's the reality of the situation. Supportive roles come in many favors, some more aggressive than others. But you definitely can't shy-away when it comes to confronting people about their beliefs or political motivations, because undoubtedly they are going to give you a fight.

Nevertheless, the objective is clear. If you find a candidate's weakness and vulnerabilities. You exploit it. But always of course in a respectful professional manner.

Remember:
Grassroots are the troops. The objective is to gain as much support for Dr. Ron Paul as possible via conversion. Situational awareness is important also. Knowing how and when to engage a target. Now is not the time to be defensive or even passive with people.

In politics you have to campaign hard and aggressive, to make your points stick in the back of the minds of people that way they learn. Some folks are very hard-headed. You can't just pussy-foot around hoping they will come around because that will never happen. You have to attack! That means going in for the kill when the opportunity presents itself. That shows strength determination. Victory doesn't come on it's own.

It sounds to me that you may not be very confident, even hesitant to put up a good fight for what you truly believe in. Why give the competition an opportunity to walk over you?

The cause of Liberty and Freedom is worth fighting for and I will stop at nothing, even if I have to pull a skeleton or two out of McCain's closet and break his thumbs off.

For the record, I am no wild-eyed conspiracy enthusiast, but I like many others see through the smokescreen and lies.

I am a competitive individual with some credible ass-kickin' credentials and I'd be damned if I'd roll-over "play-nice" for a dirty politician like McCain, while their supporters try to squash my man Ron Paul. You target the Leadership, Command and Control, then they effectively lose the Support Fire required for the ground campaign at the polls.

Respectfully,

Animalm0ther3
02-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Josh, from what I've seen on the Mitt Romney forums, you're absolutely right. My attacks on John McCain are given way more credibility since I don't mention my support for Dr. Paul. On the other hand, I see a bunch of loons that look like "Paulbots" on their forums forcing Ron Paul on everyone and calling them unconservative. Thats not helping our cause at all, and its turning off a major base of support.

lasenorita
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree. Ron Paul Grassroots isn't very good at attacking, and our reputation has been maligned so that even our support is sometimes painted as a bad thing. It's called blowback for all the angry self-righteous indignation, the unconsciously-selfish actions of those who put their own agendas first, and even the violent expressions of frustration. Having said that, we shouldn't refrain from sharing the truth with friends, acquaintances, and family members.

The elections so far has shown that rational thinking doesn't work on the majority of individuals. It's best to appeal to their passions. Attack a candidate's record. Shed light into their unsavory words and actions. Conservative Republicans already dislike liberal McCain and tax-and-spend Huckabee, so it's not hard to get them even more disgusted at their 'viable' options. Word-of-mouth is the greatest advertising tool and it's also the most destructive to one's reputation. We should use it.

Case in point: I have a friend who was considering McCain, simply because he's popular with the troops and is a military veteran. I pointed out that there are military families who outright hate McCain for his blocking of their investigation into MIAs and POWs. I then showed them that Ron Paul has been endorsed by the VFW PAC during his Congressional runs, he has nearly as many military donors than Republicans and Democrats combined, and that he cares so much for veterans that he even co-sponsored the "Combat Veterans Elimination Act".

Result: one less vote for McCain and a vote for Ron Paul. :D

josh24601
02-08-2008, 05:11 PM
I agree. Ron Paul Grassroots isn't very good at attacking, and our reputation has been maligned so that even our support is sometimes painted as a bad thing. It's called blowback

Exactamundo. Bummer that this concept has to be explained on the Ron Paul forums of all places.

Seriously everyone, the people who brought you CFR conspiracies and Illuminati designs on the Trilateral Commission aren't exactly the people we want to be attacking John McCain.

Whether you personally believe those things, that is the reputation that Ron Paul supporters have, like it or not. So if you do go around attacking McCain, don't do it in the Doctor's name.

Rob
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
The beauty of the situation now is that when you attack McCain, for the first time ever, people actually are fairly likely to vote Paul. Just unleash everything you've got at McCain and don't even bother pumping Ron. These things work, the situation is finally favorable to this.

billjarrett
02-08-2008, 05:20 PM
The beauty of the situation now is that when you attack McCain, for the first time ever, people actually are fairly likely to vote Paul. Just unleash everything you've got at McCain and don't even bother pumping Ron. These things work, the situation is finally favorable to this.

And even if they don't vote for Paul, that means they vote for Huckabee or stay home. Either way, it helps block McCain from reaching his needed delegates. And from what I've been seeing around here, we want to aim for a brokered convention. To do this, Huck needs to get enough votes to stay in the game too.

I'd rather have the vote in the Paul column, but anything other than the McCain column is good for right now.

Rob
02-08-2008, 05:21 PM
wrong place, visit thread of same name though