PDA

View Full Version : --> the Official *Revolution March on D.C.* Thread <--

Pages : [1] 2

scar
02-08-2008, 01:55 PM
http://www.historyplace.com/specials/calendar/docs-pix/march-wash.jpg

Official website - http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

--->Ideas to get the word out<---

**Of course we cannot do this until we've decided on a specific date, so that should be our first priority obviously.**

1. Print flyer's to put up in your city / around town
(I think this could be an easy "home project" that could boost this thing to the next level..)

2. Mass email
(I don't know who's exactly in charge of the meetup group emails and what not, but if we could assign certain groups of people to be in charge of emailing supporters that could help a lot I think. Say, ever few weeks or so to keep people updated on what's going on)

3. Youtube videos
(This one's a no-brainer and a great opportunity for you artistic video editing people out there to really shine. We could make some very nice videos for this monumental event, similar to the quality of the super bowl commercials. Make them viral!)

4. Blogs, diggs, forums, rest of Internet
(If we really want 10,000+ Ron Paul supporters to attend this thing from all across the country, we need to seriously make this event known throughout the entire Internet. Keep people updated not only on this forum, but on other forums about the march. Again, we could assign a certain group of supporters to a certain forum as their "task" so to say)

5. Chip-in - Donations
(Like previous people have stated, we're gonna need some money for this obviously. I'm sure we could raise MORE then enough if we really gave it our all. This could be HUGE for the campaign guys. Think of the media exposure, especially on the 4th of July if we chose that date? I personally already know it would be the most memorable 4th in my entire life)

6. Written letters, mailers, slim-jim handouts
(I suppose this could be in the flyer's section, but we need to use every tool in our arsenal for this one guys! I'm thinking using the rebate money we get back in April to print slim-jims possibly?)

What do you guys think of the organization method of assigning certain people to do certain tasks? We could make a list of people's name's and their duties to spread the word. No matter how big or small, no help is ever wasted!

***Let's brainstorm!***

Sorry OP's of the other two threads, but I thought until we get our own Sub-forum, we should keep it all in one thread and people may get confused when they see two threads.<3

Official website - http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

Energy
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I will fly out there.

We need to pick a date that works well with spring breakers.

scar
02-08-2008, 02:08 PM
If you're in college at the moment, please post your spring break dates in here.

I'll take work / school off to be there, the date of the march is doesn't matter too much to me, as long as it gives us enough time to promote promote promote. We could get hundreds of thousands if we really put out minds to this guys.

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm in... screw the rest of you that don't wanna do jack squat. I'll be on everybody I know to go with me. I'm single, I'll take 3 people with me in my little car up to Washington from jolly little Kansas. I wanna see the kinds of numbers matching that of the million man march! WE HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

scar
02-08-2008, 02:14 PM
right on weasel! im with you! single college student with a car full of supporters coming to D.C. from Minnesota! lets do it!

icon124
spring break for me is march 16-24

ricket
July 4th, 2008

Evazan
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I know the earlier this happens the better but I think pushing for Spring Break is going to be too soon to promote this thing enough. That only gives us ~2 months. I feel like a march in the summer months could get twice as much support.

Evazan
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
July 4th, 2008

I can't believe I didn't think of that. That is the perfect date.

Nate K
02-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Let's say the majority college break is March 16-24, because my friends have that schedule too..

so what day would be best for that?

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Well somebody get the date right and let's do this. We can make this a million man march if we try hard enough. We have one thing we need... TIME! Let's all PLAN, and DO THIS! Give people something to look forward to!!!! This could be BIG BIG BIG!!!!!

ClayTrainor
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
This Canadian supporter will be there if this happens!

Nate K
02-08-2008, 02:21 PM
I think March 15 or March 22

polexi
02-08-2008, 02:23 PM

It's a great date, but not perfect. A lot of people go to D.C. to celebrate. Can you IMAGINE the traffic, the parking etc?

Bruce4Ron
02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Tell you what, if you want a crowd that big you're going to have to bypass working around peoples schedules.

Just pick a date and go with it. July 4th sounds great but it also sounds later than needed. Make people work their schedules around the dates chosen. They'll find a way to figure it out.

The event probably won't take longer than a day. Get Ron Paul to go there and speak to everyone. But you have to get the commitment online so they can see its the real deal.

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
It would be nice, if any flyers are made for this that they emphasize not just Ron Paul, but that we are sick and tired of the MEDIA choosing our next president! We are TIRED of the government taking our freedoms away. There has to be something we are fighting for, not just useless rambling that the media would turn around and say "a bunch of kooks are out there". Be it TRUTHFUL reporting by the media or a big push for Ron Paul in the election. We need to get some speakers in line who can speak in front of a crowd of THOUSANDS with unrelenting empasis that Ron Paul had the most donations by the military, that the media has endorsed therefore made McCain and Obama and Clinton the "front runners". Who are they to decide who the next president is? We need a moment where on national TV with a million people out there that we will NOT accept that Ron Paul is just "omitted" from the ballot in New York! We have to have an agenda we are fighting for..... thoughts???

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah, and somebody check the farmers almanac to make sure the weather is all gonna be kosher.. lol

Evazan
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Mid March is much too soon. We need at the very least two months to plan this thing.

eric_cartman
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
How about Nov. 5th, 2008? It's the day before the national election. We can do a whole V for Vendetta thing... get ron paul masks, etc.... then take the damn country back and put ron paul in the white house. if a ron paul revolution takes over washington, then we can just tell ron paul that he's the new president.

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 02:37 PM
How about all the meetup groups getting together and getting groups together for this? To get a bus or something and haul everybody out there? May be cheaper and help people get there that couldn't afford to on their own.

JenaS62
02-08-2008, 02:38 PM
I will fly out there.

We need to pick a date that works well with spring breakers.

I will fly, drive or crawl. I'll be there one way or another.

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 02:41 PM
We need to start some chip ins or something to get things rolling on this. We all, everybody who loves freedom get out there and start talking. We need a big stage to speak at, I'll donate all I can to it... thinking... thinking.... hmm.... what can I do... who do I know who would have access to a stage or something? Who is a famous musician that could help setup a huge stage with speakers??

the_bee
02-08-2008, 02:44 PM
bump

MrAustin
02-08-2008, 02:46 PM
This CAN be HUGE! I think all the MSM lies, votefraud, etc. have kept us from seeing how large this Revolution really is. This would be a moment for us to show our true numbers, (not just the MSM - but all the rest of the US populatoin) and for the voice of the people to shout loud enough, and in large enough numbers that it will be impossible to ignore.

BUT - I STRONGLY believe now, that the date MUST be moved back to ensure its success. We need to have time to organize and promote correctly. People need to have time to clear their schedules so they can go "all in." This needs to be HISTORIC! Not just an outlet for a handful of people to let off some steam. I have already emailed the organizers to make my case for moving back the date. If you agree - please do the same.

On the 4th of July, DC will be a crowded, regulated mess already. What are some other significant / important dates later in the summer?

Anyone agree/disagree with this?

Energy
02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I think we need at least a few months. Sometime after school is out for summer vacation is perfect.... June? Gives enough time to promote, enough time for people to save up and plan ahead, gives time for internationals who want to travel and be a part of history. July 4 is probably not good as the march will be drowned out by other standard July 4th festivities.

scar
02-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I totally agree Austin.

What do yo guys think? Is it imperative that we have this thing no earlier than May? In my opinion May or later gives us the time we need to make it spectacular.

-- Dates so far --

November 5th - This would ensure plenty of time, of course who knows what could happen within that time though, plus the weather might be a tad cold then.

July 4th - This would be an AWESOME date, although like people have said, it would be too hectic probably...too crowded...

June-July is my personal opinion...

whats yours?

sadunkal
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
15.March is Zeitgeist Day. In combination with it maybe?

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/zday.htm

Or wait a few weeks after Z-Day so that you can get a lot more supporters.
That website introduced me to Ron Paul :)

Nate K
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I like November 5th.

scar
02-08-2008, 03:13 PM
15.March is Zeitgeist Day. In combination with it maybe?

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/zday.htm

Or wait a few weeks after Z-Day so that you can get a lot more supporters :)

I dunno man, don't you think it's too soon for what we're trying to accomplish? Not trying to sound like a dick or anything =)

the_bee
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
http://www.RevolutionMarch.com/

Where: Washington D.C.
When: Maybe 4/19, 2008? Maybe later.
Why: Viva La Revolution!!!
Main Speaker: Ron Paul, Our Next President
Other Speakers: T.B.D.
Performers: Michael Franti and Spearhead?

The goal is to organize the largest, peaceful, non-violent rally in support of The Revolution that is happening in America. Most people that have been involved in the revolution are frustrated by the lack of Media attention given to it.

Stay Informed! Subsrcibe to our feed:

Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner

In New Hampshire, 47% of those who voted for John McCain said they did it because he was the candidate to get us out of Iraq. We all know that McCain has said he would keep us there for 100 years. We also know that there is only one candidate proposing a radical change to our foreign policy.

People are misinformed!!

The purpose of our rally is to get many thousands of freedom loving people in one place so we can be heard. An event SO HUGE, that even the Main Stream Media can’t ignore it!

The preliminary, preliminary, preliminary Plan:

phase 1:
Get minimum 100 hard core promoters of the idea
If this is you, send your name, city/state, and phone number to:
promoter [at] revolutionmarch [dot] com - subject: POTENTIAL PROMOTER!

phase 2:
Get 5000 committed marchers

phase 3:
picking date time and location in DC in coordiantaion with RP campaign

phase 4:
finalize budget and begin to raise money, pick goal number of marchers

phase 5:
get minimum 20,000 commited marchers and raise minimum budget - if not reached, send to RP campaign

phase 6:
begin spending of budget, planning and final phase of promotion to acheive final goal number of marchers

phase 7:
THE MARCH!

sadunkal
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I dunno man, don't you think it's too soon for what we're trying to accomplish? Not trying to sound like a dick or anything =)

It doesn't have to be only one march. You can march once; one week before zday so that people get interested in it and then; one week after it so that more people get interested because of the raising numbers. And then you can wait till 4th July and then november or whatever.
You can even march regularly, every month or so if you're athletic... I'm using the word 'you' because I'm from Turkey, living in Germany :)

the_bee
02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
yep

thehittgirl
02-08-2008, 03:27 PM
It would be nice, if any flyers are made for this that they emphasize not just Ron Paul, but that we are sick and tired of the MEDIA choosing our next president! We are TIRED of the government taking our freedoms away. There has to be something we are fighting for, not just useless rambling that the media would turn around and say "a bunch of kooks are out there". Be it TRUTHFUL reporting by the media or a big push for Ron Paul in the election. We need to get some speakers in line who can speak in front of a crowd of THOUSANDS with unrelenting empasis that Ron Paul had the most donations by the military, that the media has endorsed therefore made McCain and Obama and Clinton the "front runners". Who are they to decide who the next president is? We need a moment where on national TV with a million people out there that we will NOT accept that Ron Paul is just "omitted" from the ballot in New York! We have to have an agenda we are fighting for..... thoughts???

EXACTLY! People don't know they're being lied to. I can't tell you how many times I've had to say the media lies. I've had to tell them facts the media won't report.

scar
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I'll make sure to include that in the flyer's I make (=

This could turn into not only a march for Ron Paul, but a march to expose the corruption that surrounds all of us.

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
So, the question now should be, do we have what it takes to make this a newsworthy event? An event so huge that the media can't ignore it? That media all over the world will take note of it? That ole Georgy boy will look out of the white house and say "shit"...?

scar
02-08-2008, 03:45 PM
HELL YEA!

http://www.oldgloryprints.com/charge_of_Tx_Lancers.jpg

CHARRRRGE!

sadunkal
02-08-2008, 03:50 PM
HELL YEA!

OF COURSE !!!

scar
02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
bump!

MrAustin
02-08-2008, 04:33 PM
-- Dates so far --

November 5th - This would ensure plenty of time, of course who knows what could happen within that time though, plus the weather might be a tad cold then.

July 4th - This would be an AWESOME date, although like people have said, it would be too hectic probably...too crowded...

whats yours?

I like Nov 5th alot! Agreed though - good chance it could be too cold.

Some other suggested dates:

Aug 2, 1776 - Declaration of Independance signed by most members of Congress.
Sept. 17, 1787 - US Constitution signed.

Another suggestion - MAKE OUR OWN DATE! We are re-writing history. What about choosing a date to be remembered as the REVOLUTION MARCH ON WASHINGTON. (or whatever) It's been the tradition, but we don't HAVE to pick a symbolic date.

I LOVE all the ideas that are being brought up and discussed in this thread, and other threads. WE NEED TIME to explore them all and get united behind one well planned event. We have done well against other "grassroots" campaigns in terms of organization, but if we are trying to compete with the MSM, the Fed, and the entire "establishment," we need to step it up more than just a notch or two. We need to play smart, and when we hit, we need to hit HARD!

the_bee
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM

MrAustin
02-08-2008, 04:39 PM
So, the question now should be, do we have what it takes to make this a newsworthy event? An event so huge that the media can't ignore it? That media all over the world will take note of it? That ole Georgy boy will look out of the white house and say "shit"...?

Ha ha! I could picture that so perfectly as I read the last line...I believe that's about the effect we're going for! :D

scar
02-08-2008, 04:51 PM

Another suggestion - MAKE OUR OWN DATE! We are re-writing history. What about choosing a date to be remembered as the REVOLUTION MARCH ON WASHINGTON. (or whatever) It's been the tradition, but we don't HAVE to pick a symbolic date.

I LOVE all the ideas that are being brought up and discussed in this thread, and other threads. WE NEED TIME to explore them all and get united behind one well planned event. We have done well against other "grassroots" campaigns in terms of organization, but if we are trying to compete with the MSM, the Fed, and the entire "establishment," we need to step it up more than just a notch or two. We need to play smart, and when we hit, we need to hit HARD!

Damn man I really like the Sept. 17th date in memory of the constitution! Great idea! Gives a a good amount of time too. I also like the idea of creating our OWN date since indeed we WILL make history with this march!

Keep the ideas coming guys!

***If anyone's interested in what I'm doing***
I'm currently designing a website of my own for this monstrous event. I enjoy Graphic Design and am currently going to school for it at the moment, so even if the official organizers don't want to use the layout it'll be on the web for my own contribution! I'll let you guys know how it's going as I progress.

Just some motivational words here...
Each person has the capability to contribute to this. Put your talent to work here! Each one of us has something unique to bring to the table, if we all give 110% and work hard at this we WILL make history!!

<3

Travis
02-08-2008, 04:55 PM
march and april is way too soon I think. If the goal is to get this thing as big as it was for mlk we need months and months of planning. I would say late summer the soonest

I Am Weasel
02-08-2008, 04:56 PM
If we can't do this... we're screwed as a nation. The black movement in the 60's had no internet and they had 1 Million+ people there. If we can't do any better, well... yeah..

Evazan
02-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Just to get this straight, this is a freedom march correct, not a Ron Paul march? I think it should be promoted as a freedom march meant to expose the lies of the MSM, corruptness of our government, and loss of civil liberties.

We should aim to reach as many issues we can to get as many people as possible there. Attack the war on drugs and get the pot heads there, attack secretiveness of government and get the conspiracy theorists there, attack war and get the anti-war crowd there. If this is advertised as a Ron Paul march it could isolate many people. Of course, having Ron Paul speak and advocating his presidency would still be very important.

Nate K
02-08-2008, 05:44 PM
How about August 8th, 2008?

8-8-08

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Have any of you people signed up on the web site? Did you know there is a national conference call by the people putting this on in 45 minutes?

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Thank you for your interest in Revolution March!

We are in the VERY early planning stages of this idea.

If you are interested in helping to lead the way on this project, please GET ON THIS CALL!

Friday, Feb 8th, 7:30PM Eastern

Dial in number: 218-339-8088 - 62724#

When you dial in, you will be prompted for your "conference number": use 62724# which stands for "MARCH"

(thank you to http://www.RonPaulConferenceCall.com)

The goal of tonight's call:

1) DEFINE THE MESSAGE

2) DEFINE AN ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE

3) GET FEEDBACK ON THE "PHASE" PLAN WHICH IS ON THE WEBSITE

We look forward to meeting you all then. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ray Powell

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 05:57 PM
bumpety bump bump bump for Ron Paul!

fedup100
02-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Jhonnie McCrap said in the last part of his cpac speech that when he is elected, he will not allow a revolution to make change to this great nation.........I think he is calling us out guys.

rollingpig
02-08-2008, 06:01 PM
how about july 4th?

..PAUL4PRES..
02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Bump for Constitution Day.

We can gather the most support for this. Unite a bunch of groups. Everyone is for the Constitution. You guys should really consider this.

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank you for your interest in Revolution March!

We are in the VERY early planning stages of this idea.

If you are interested in helping to lead the way on this project, please GET ON THIS CALL!

Friday, Feb 8th, 7:30PM Eastern

Dial in number: 218-339-8088 - 62724#

When you dial in, you will be prompted for your "conference number": use 62724# which stands for "MARCH"

(thank you to http://www.RonPaulConferenceCall.com)

The goal of tonight's call:

1) DEFINE THE MESSAGE

2) DEFINE AN ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE

3) GET FEEDBACK ON THE "PHASE" PLAN WHICH IS ON THE WEBSITE

We look forward to meeting you all then. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ray Powell

You all need to register on the site

mysticgeek
02-08-2008, 06:28 PM
I AM GOING! I will take as much time off work that is needed! This will Freak'N KICK @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marching through Washington DC screaming RON PAUL! REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!

mysticgeek
02-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Months to plan??? I guess I don't get it! Show up! Grab an RP sign and march!

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 08:11 PM

Obviously you've never organized a rally. First of all, you need a permit and you have to get them way in advance.

Just got off the phone with the planners of this. Really, really exciting stuff. I will be helping with the organizing of this.

The planners will be updating the website and asking for marchers to commit. When it's up there, please, everyone who has committed on this site, please commit on the march site? And spread the word far and wide.

I bragged about you all tonight on the conference call. Make me look good! :p

the_bee
02-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Obviously you've never organized a rally. First of all, you need a permit and you have to get them way in advance.

Just got off the phone with the planners of this. Really, really exciting stuff. I will be helping with the organizing of this.

The planners will be updating the website and asking for marchers to commit. When it's up there, please, everyone who has committed on this site, please commit on the march site? And spread the word far and wide.

I bragged about you all tonight on the conference call. Make me look good! :p

I was Just listening ..... Sounds like every thing is going well I think this is going to bigger than anyone anticipates...............

Soccrmastr
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Just don't let this happen

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/blackmormon/kkk1920s-washington-dc.jpg

Psycho792
02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty.

mstrmac1
02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
can we get a counter on the website for those who pledged to march?

scar
02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
bump

jillian
02-08-2008, 09:09 PM
hubby and i will fly out

i vote for the 4th of July

4RP08inKCMO
02-08-2008, 09:21 PM
If you're in college at the moment, please post your spring break dates in here.

Spring break for me is March 14-23 and it looks like I'm not the only one. So one of those days looks good if we want to do this earlier in the year. If so, we need to pick a date soon so we plan our travel arrangements.

Otherwise, any date from the second half of May through the first part of August sounds good. I agree that if we do it in the summer, we need to pick a date that is significant like Memorial Day, July 4th, 08-08-08, etc.

scar
02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Ok right on.

My personal vote is on 08-08-08 or somewhere around then. The reason being I think making our own time in history is a phenomenal idea, plus it gives a good amount of time to prepare.

July 4th would be awesome, but like people have been saying, it would be so extremely crowed already without us there....but then again who knows.... maybe it could work.

What are your guy's thoughts?

dagnybell
02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
April 15, 2008!! Tax day!

It's perfect - it give us a couple of months to plan but happens early enough to have a major impact on the race!!

I Am Weasel
02-09-2008, 12:36 AM
bump again!!

Joe3113
02-09-2008, 12:46 AM
bump. This needs to happen.

Royksopp
02-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Havent read through the thread- has someone hit the meetup groups yet?

If not I can do that. I contacted 200 for the Feb 1st moneybomb.

Oh, and DIGG it- h ttp://www.digg.com/politics/The_R3VOLUTION_MARCH_on_D_C_Project

RochesterRyan
02-09-2008, 12:55 AM
It would be a good idea to do this right around the time of his book release. Dates in mid-April to early May would be great.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-09-2008, 12:56 AM
How about July 4th?

Bruno
02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Bump - Regardless of the date when end up with.

raiha
02-09-2008, 01:00 AM
I'll be in US July 4th...(if Homeland Security allows an insurgent in in the first place...:)

VRP08
02-09-2008, 01:12 AM
i'd rather have it sooner than later

scar
02-09-2008, 08:59 AM
bump

mods, could we get our own sub forum for this? <3

thegr8drronpaul
02-09-2008, 09:12 AM
To really maximize attendence, I'd think a summer date might be our only choice. Also for parents with kids, teachers, etc. Summer date is our only option IF we really want this to be HUGE.

scar
02-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I agree.
June-August.

Quirkydude
02-09-2008, 09:18 AM
The Republican convention is Sept. 1. It should be before that.

Maximilian American
02-09-2008, 09:25 AM
I will try my best to attend, but I will support this by funding no matter what.

UK4Paul
02-09-2008, 09:27 AM
The Republican convention is Sept. 1. It should be before that.

I was going to say the EXACT same thig. So I'll just quote ya :)

the_bee
02-09-2008, 09:27 AM
bump

parke
02-09-2008, 09:49 AM
July 4th. Trust me.. Ive promoted shows for years. You need a family weekend so that families can go too. July 4th is the best date to take a family to the national capitol.

Ill help however I can.. I started this same thread a month or so ago. Only I wanted to do a music fest.

Keep a brotha posted.

scar
02-09-2008, 02:05 PM
bump

Royksopp
02-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Amazing idea. Would be monumental.

jillian
02-09-2008, 03:22 PM
we talked about it at breakfast this morning

waiting for the date so we can book a flight :)

MrAustin
02-09-2008, 03:54 PM

To really maximize attendence, I'd think a summer date might be our only choice. Also for parents with kids, teachers, etc. Summer date is our only option IF we really want this to be HUGE.

And we DO want this to be huge. This needs to be done right! We need more people there besides just the hard core Ron Paul fans.

Also, I like the constitution theme alot. I think it touches on all the particular issues that people might have, and therefore would appeal to many. That's what the constitution is for! It's for the PEOPLE! No one in their right mind would be opposed to that theme, and it will still accomplish the purposes of the march. The more specific we make the theme, the smaller the turnout will be.

I also like 8-8-08. People will remember that.

scar
02-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I've been speaking to friends about this...I've got 3 people that will for sure go with me.

Imagine if each person took 3 friends each, or 3 family members.

The MLK turnout was amazing for it's time, considering the lack of internet. The way communication has progressed since those times, I find it hard to believe that we couldn't turn out just as many people for this event, if not more considering the circumstances that it's based on.

We're living in a time where people want freedom more then ever.

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I think this will turnout really well if people organize through their Meetups. They can carpool, charter a bus, purchase flight tickets, or whatever they need to do to get to D.C.

Oyate
02-09-2008, 04:47 PM
It needs a twist on it. The hippies have done rallies for decades. How about we all show up on tricycles to show our "dependence" on the nanny state?

Wait, that's not the best example....but it needs a twist on it. Something more mature than pissing in the reflecting pool. Wind surfers in the reflecting pool?

Skydiving in wearing gorilla suits is definitely out. You get shot down in that airspace on most days.

Oyate
02-09-2008, 04:50 PM
OK how about everybody brings a scrub brush and we end up donating a gazillion scrub brushes to help clean up government?

Oyate
02-09-2008, 04:58 PM
I mean, I don't mean to be a bummer here but I was a direct-action organizer back in my day and believe me, you can get a half million people in DC (and that is a big mobilization) and the media might give you 5 seconds of "film at 11:00" as they used to say.

Either it's gotta be monumental (which is hard to do in the context of a mobilization in DC) or it's gotta have a media hook. A gazillion scrub brushes donated to help clean up government might do it.

Whatever the case, this action might reach out beyond the RPR and begin to include other groups. Taking the scrub-brush idea a step further, we could speak on cleaning up elections and bring in how other candidates like Kucinich and Gravel were shoved out in the cold.

Just ideas.

scar
02-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Great idea Oyate! A twist like that would add more depth to the march for sure. I like the scrub brush idea too, right on (=

now, say each person who comes to the march brings with them a brush or some kind of symbol of their discontent with the current government, here's a couple questions:

Would people be able to afford it? Could we use something cheap that everyone could bring, or maybe through donations, the leaders of this organization could send out to each person their scrub brush (=

How about unique apparel? Maybe a kind of hat that has a foam brush attached to the top, or V for vendetta masks hehe.

Then again it will be summer, and we would need to account for the warm weather....

scar
02-09-2008, 06:09 PM
berp

4RP08inKCMO
02-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I mean, I don't mean to be a bummer here but I was a direct-action organizer back in my day and believe me, you can get a half million people in DC (and that is a big mobilization) and the media might give you 5 seconds of "film at 11:00" as they used to say.

Either it's gotta be monumental (which is hard to do in the context of a mobilization in DC) or it's gotta have a media hook. A gazillion scrub brushes donated to help clean up government might do it.

Whatever the case, this action might reach out beyond the RPR and begin to include other groups. Taking the scrub-brush idea a step further, we could speak on cleaning up elections and bring in how other candidates like Kucinich and Gravel were shoved out in the cold.

Just ideas.

Do you think we could get more attention if we did this somewhere besides D.C.? There definitely needs to be something unique about it because, as you mentioned, the hippies have "been there, done that."

scar
02-09-2008, 06:54 PM
blimps

Oyate
02-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Do you think we could get more attention if we did this somewhere besides D.C.? There definitely needs to be something unique about it because, as you mentioned, the hippies have "been there, done that."

Well, I was thinking the RNC but again, been done. However, like a previous poster said, timing is everything. I say to stay away from tax day and major holidays that people want to spent with family. Basic distraction. However the same poster pointed out that a holiday like 4th of July could really work because people have time off and it's not a required family day.

What I know is you when you do a national event, you start with a holiday calendar then you overlay a political calendar then you overlay an activist calendar and you try to pick the spot that gets the most bounce.

roshi
02-09-2008, 11:12 PM
July 4th is a great idea, to celebrate our freedom and liberty, we fight for it. Wonderful!

DAFTEK
02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
I vote mid June, school is out and plenty of time. I'm down and most of my meetup most likely ;)

Dave39168
02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Great idea Oyate! A twist like that would add more depth to the march for sure. I like the scrub brush idea too, right on (=

now, say each person who comes to the march brings with them a brush or some kind of symbol of their discontent with the current government, here's a couple questions:

Would people be able to afford it? Could we use something cheap that everyone could bring, or maybe through donations, the leaders of this organization could send out to each person their scrub brush (=

How about unique apparel? Maybe a kind of hat that has a foam brush attached to the top, or V for vendetta masks hehe.

Then again it will be summer, and we would need to account for the warm weather....

How about tri-cornered hats instead. Isn't that the prefered headwear of revolutionaries?

DAFTEK
02-09-2008, 11:28 PM
July 3rd would be even better because business is open and its a Thursday, Most people can take a day off from work and Friday most people have of anyway and it is a long weekend. You will have a huge crowd on this weekend if its a done deal!

scar
02-10-2008, 12:20 AM
How about tri-cornered hats instead. Isn't that the prefered headwear of revolutionaries?

That could be cool (=

scar
02-10-2008, 12:21 AM
July 3rd would be even better because business is open and its a Thursday, Most people can take a day off from work and Friday most people have of anyway and it is a long weekend. You will have a huge crowd on this weekend if its a done deal!

I agree.

nate895
02-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm gonna lobby my parents to go. I might bring my fellow high school supporters if we can get the money.

Jim_Karr
02-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Someone close to DC have a horse I could use?

DAFTEK
02-10-2008, 08:17 AM
This Needs To Be A Sticky On All Forums!:confused:

scar
02-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Bump for sticky or even better, a subforum!

<3

Onyx
02-10-2008, 08:52 AM
If we are going to do this ... everybody has to get onboard! I mean everybody!!!!! This would probably be our last BIG thing that we do for Ron Paul and it would be AWESOME to end it in a BIIIIIIIIIIG way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greeksta59
02-10-2008, 09:02 AM
march 17-21

leadoverdose
02-10-2008, 09:23 AM
March 13-19 Washington is going to be packed with the Resist in March. There will be non-violent civil disobedience, speaking, rallies, marches, etc going on all over Washington that week as a joint effort of many different groups. http://resistinmarch.org/

Probably not a good time to do a Ron Paul March during that week. I will however be attending this event in Washington D.C. during that week.

My opinion is July 4th is going to being extremely crowded in Washington. We will barely be noticed. I realize this is an "easy" day for people because they have off work, but my point is that this should not be "easy" or have no real impact on our lives. It should be something we fight for even if it means taking a day off of work and keeping the kids out of school one day. It shows our commitment to our cause.

Look, no one said this was going to be simple or easy. If we are the largest group on any day decided upon, then we will get more attention than the fireworks show used to distract the sheep!

pinkmandy
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm not far, I'll be there and I'll bring anyone who'll come with! :)

jillian
02-10-2008, 09:25 AM
what about NYC? Protesting outside of the studios?

scar
02-10-2008, 09:48 AM
March 13-19 Washington is going to be packed with the Resist in March. There will be non-violent civil disobedience, speaking, rallies, marches, etc going on all over Washington that week as a joint effort of many different groups. http://resistinmarch.org/

Probably not a good time to do a Ron Paul March during that week. I will however be attending this event in Washington D.C. during that week.

My opinion is July 4th is going to being extremely crowded in Washington. We will barely be noticed. I realize this is an "easy" day for people because they have off work, but my point is that this should not be "easy" or have no real impact on our lives. It should be something we fight for even if it means taking a day off of work and keeping the kids out of school one day. It shows our commitment to our cause.

Look, no one said this was going to be simple or easy. If we are the largest group on any day decided upon, then we will get more attention than the fireworks show used to distract the sheep!

Truth.

JenaS62
02-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Someone close to DC have a horse I could use?

ok - you've got me curious. What's the horse for?

the_bee
02-10-2008, 10:47 AM

CareerTech1
02-10-2008, 10:58 AM
im there

Crowish
02-10-2008, 12:14 PM
1777 - Stars and Stripes adopted by Congress as the Flag of the United States.

June 14th.

It's a Saturday this year.

robert4rp08
02-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Take a year to talk to family, friends, and family. The message will spread like wildfire. The march would be huge!

scar
02-10-2008, 12:56 PM

:)

Deborah K
02-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Bump for Freedom, baby!!!

tamor
02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Deborah, I agree on your goals for the call. So important to have a common message and an effective organizational (including a media spokesman) structure -- good job

scar
02-10-2008, 01:50 PM
bump

leadoverdose
02-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Well here is the link to information on requesting a permit from the National Park Service http://www.nps.gov/nama/planyourvisit/permits.htm

Is Dr. Paul expected or committed to speak? Also, has anyone thought of contacting people like Arlo Guthrie, Adam Curry, Max Raskin, Mike Doherty, Susan Eisenhower, etc. to see if they would be willing to address the crowd? These are the people with contacts and all of which who endorse Dr. Paul for President. THIS would be newsworthy having these people in attendance don't you think? Can we get these three to help organize the event or point us in the right direction? http://www.ronaldreagandinner.com/event_organizers.html I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I think we would need professional assistance with people experienced in organizing events.

About getting Permits from The National Park Service:

The Division of Park Programs, located in the National Capital Region Headquarters building, issues approximately 4,000 permits per year, including those for public gatherings (special events and demonstrations), and filming and photography. The permit system is intended to help assure, to the extent possible, that the multitude of activities that may be taking place on any given day will not conflict with each other or with general visitor activities.

Park areas administered by this office include National Mall & Memorial Parks, President’s Park, Rock Creek Park, National Capital Parks East, George Washington Memorial Parkway, Manassas National Battlefield Park, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, Prince William Forest Park, Ford's Theater, and the portion of Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park from Georgetown to the Monocacy River Aqueduct. Note that some of these listed parks may directly issue certain permits. Please refer to the attached document link titled "How and where to apply for specific types of permits" to determine what office you should contact for your particular permit needs.

Please note that all applications, unless determined to be a First Amendment activity, must be accompanied by a $50.00 payment for initial processing. The application processing cost represents the average costs incurred by the park in mailing, distribution and initial review of applications to make sure the information supplied is sufficient to inform a decision. Payment of application costs may be in the form of check, money order, or credit card.

This office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., holidays excepted.

Thanks for visiting. You can reach us at (202) 619-7225 to obtain additional information.

DAFTEK
02-10-2008, 03:46 PM
We need to do it July 3rd Thursday, Washington is open for business then and i cant see why most people cant take a day off from work, and go threw 4th Friday everyone has off anyway, bring tents coolers, camp out :D Saturday should be huge too, then Sunday pack up and go home...

goldstandard
02-10-2008, 04:51 PM
bump

the_bee
02-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Well here is the link to information on requesting a permit from the National Park Service http://www.nps.gov/nama/planyourvisit/permits.htm

Is Dr. Paul expected or committed to speak? Also, has anyone thought of contacting people like Arlo Guthrie, Adam Curry, Max Raskin, Mike Doherty, Susan Eisenhower, etc. to see if they would be willing to address the crowd? These are the people with contacts and all of which who endorse Dr. Paul for President. THIS would be newsworthy having these people in attendance don't you think? Can we get these three to help organize the event or point us in the right direction? http://www.ronaldreagandinner.com/event_organizers.html I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I think we would need professional assistance with people experienced in organizing events.

About getting Permits from The National Park Service:

The Division of Park Programs, located in the National Capital Region Headquarters building, issues approximately 4,000 permits per year, including those for public gatherings (special events and demonstrations), and filming and photography. The permit system is intended to help assure, to the extent possible, that the multitude of activities that may be taking place on any given day will not conflict with each other or with general visitor activities.

Park areas administered by this office include National Mall & Memorial Parks, President’s Park, Rock Creek Park, National Capital Parks East, George Washington Memorial Parkway, Manassas National Battlefield Park, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, Prince William Forest Park, Ford's Theater, and the portion of Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park from Georgetown to the Monocacy River Aqueduct. Note that some of these listed parks may directly issue certain permits. Please refer to the attached document link titled "How and where to apply for specific types of permits" to determine what office you should contact for your particular permit needs.

Please note that all applications, unless determined to be a First Amendment activity, must be accompanied by a $50.00 payment for initial processing. The application processing cost represents the average costs incurred by the park in mailing, distribution and initial review of applications to make sure the information supplied is sufficient to inform a decision. Payment of application costs may be in the form of check, money order, or credit card.

This office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., holidays excepted.

Thanks for visiting. You can reach us at (202) 619-7225 to obtain additional information.

go here email them ...........http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

Jack Creahan
02-10-2008, 05:10 PM
I think the twist should be to "BRING THE CONSTITUTION BACK TO WASHINGTON"...

and everyone should bring copies of the constitution to leave on the steps of Washington as a sign we are frustrated with the undeclared wars, loss of habeus corpus, etc... and of course emphasize Dr Paul's consistent record in terms of the constitution

It fits perfectly with Ron Paul's message and would likely get some good media attention. Imagine 1,000,000 Ron Paul supporters waving copies of the Constitution and chanting "RON PAUL". We all know him as the Contitution candidate but if we could get him national recognition for constitutional values, WOW.

Anyone think that the march should be to "BRING BACK THE CONTITUTION" or BRING THE CONTITUTION BACK TO WASHINGTON" or something to that effect?

any other catchy name ideas??

the_bee
02-10-2008, 05:11 PM
This Needs To Be A Sticky On All Forums!:D:D:D:D

scar
02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I think the twist should be to "BRING THE CONSTITUTION BACK TO WASHINGTON"...

and everyone should bring copies of the constitution to leave on the steps of Washington as a sign we are frustrated with the undeclared wars, loss of habeus corpus, etc... and of course emphasize Dr Paul's consistent record in terms of the constitution

It fits perfectly with Ron Paul's message and would likely get some good media attention. Imagine 1,000,000 Ron Paul supporters waving copies of the Constitution and chanting "RON PAUL". We all know him as the Contitution candidate but if we could get him national recognition for constitutional values, WOW.

Anyone think that the march should be to "BRING BACK THE CONTITUTION" or BRING THE CONTITUTION BACK TO WASHINGTON" or something to that effect?

any other catchy name ideas??

Good idea jack. Do you think they would try to charge us with littering though? I'm sure they would jump on us for the slightest thing we do wrong, but then again fuck it. It's our freedom we're talking about here..

Whoever reads this tonight, I challenge you to talk to 1 other person, be it a friend, family member, or a stranger about the Revolution March. Tell them what it's about, and persuade them to come with. Try to talk to someone who hasn't made up their minds yet so we can continue to spread the word of freedom and liberty.

<3 to all

Jack Creahan
02-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, maybe we don't have to leave the the contitutions there. Instead go to the rally with them so we can wave them during speeches and emphasize our points and Ron Paul's message. When we are done, we could ask everbody to mail their copy of the constitution to the White House and/or Congress

scar
02-10-2008, 05:28 PM
That would work (=

scar
02-10-2008, 05:57 PM
What do you guys think of maybe having the march in Minneapolis instead since that's where the national convention is?

Just an idea (=

Stevaroony
02-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Greetings all, long time fan, infrequent poster... but I think I've got it!

Central U.S. (maybe slightly North so us Canucks can come down) because it's the epicentre of the country. Pick a smallish community with lots of room for a tent city, and this plays on the notion of the media ignoring anything that's not BIG in their eyes. Also, an influx of a million freedom loving people will be a BOON to the local economy (shows the free market at work); in short: somewhere "irrelevant" in the eyes of the media.

Date

I vote for 888 (brilliant suggestion whoever that was) because it has HUGE creative possibilities. It's rythmic, memorable and something of our own. And it's a Friday! Also, with an August date, there's an opportunity to generate "sustained" exposure for the event itself. The selected town will have to prepare.

Theme

This is about numbers, pure and simple, so I suggest "We're done with the lies". This will appeal to those who distrust the media, the anti war crew, Paul supporters, 9/11 truthseekers, corruptionbusters, libertarians, constitutionalist and so on.

Just my two cents: hey, it's your country... but please, for the love of God, make it so and I will do everything in my power to support it.

niall
02-10-2008, 06:06 PM
What do you guys think of maybe having the march in Minneapolis instead since that's where the national convention is?

Just an idea (=

Love that idea. I'm in, in either case.

scar
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
Greetings all, long time fan, infrequent poster... but I think I've got it!

Central U.S. (maybe slightly North so us Canucks can come down) because it's the epicentre of the country. Pick a smallish community with lots of room for a tent city, and this plays on the notion of the media ignoring anything that's not BIG in their eyes. Also, an influx of a million freedom loving people will be a BOON to the local economy (shows the free market at work); in short: somewhere "irrelevant" in the eyes of the media.

Date

I vote for 888 (brilliant suggestion whoever that was) because it has HUGE creative possibilities. It's rythmic, memorable and something of our own. And it's a Friday! Also, with an August date, there's an opportunity to generate "sustained" exposure for the event itself. The selected town will have to prepare.

Theme

This is about numbers, pure and simple, so I suggest "We're done with the lies". This will appeal to those who distrust the media, the anti war crew, Paul supporters, 9/11 truthseekers, corruptionbusters, libertarians, constitutionalist and so on.

Just my two cents: hey, it's your country... but please, for the love of God, make it so and I will do everything in my power to support it.

I don't have anything else to add to this, I love it all (=
Minneapolis would be perfect for you.

So what does everyone else think of a Minneapolis location? If we get enough people to support that then we could contact the official organizers about it. I wonder, do you still need permits in Minneap? Would it maybe take less time to get the permit there as opposed to a place like D.C.?

Minneapolis is my hometown, and I can attest the Ron Paul support here is enormous. In the latest speech Ron gave he mentioned our rally numbers were over 4,000! So we for sure have the support here....

Of course I'd totally be down if it was in another state too..

What do you guys think?

irock1839
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
im in

Jack Creahan
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
old info

vroomery
02-10-2008, 06:26 PM
i really like the idea of doing this somewhere in a small town with tent space so that we wouldn't have to worry as much about housing

scar
02-10-2008, 06:29 PM
you guys thinkin urban tenting or more rural / small suburb tenting?

Stevaroony
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
i really like the idea of doing this somewhere in a small town with tent space so that we wouldn't have to worry as much about housing

We could even do a Woodstock thing: invite bands from across the world to do their freedom tunes. Whatever it takes to get "numbers".

ronpaulhawaii
02-10-2008, 06:36 PM
If you mean a HUUUUGGGE rally during, and at, the convention, I am so in!!!

sadunkal
02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Maybe you should also take this into consideration:
http://restoretherepublic.com/content/view/123/71/

Deborah K
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Guys and gals, if you want your ideas to be heard, you'll need to send them to the parents of this brainchild at the web site. Make sure you sign up. I attended the first conference call on this idea and am part of the planning committee now.

Mr. Austin, you PM'd me asking for details of the meeting and I thought I'd go ahead and answer you here so that other interested parties will know as well.

The conference call lasted a little over an hour. There were about 20 people on the call. Some of us got assigned tasks and will be conferencing again tomorrow morning @ 10:00 am pacific time. My job right now is to get permit information from D.C.

A date was discussed but not firmed up. It will depend on availability with regard to the permit. Most organizations march and rally in the summer time. So it might even be too late to do it then, but I should know by tomorrow. Any sooner won't be enough time to pull this off, especially given the response they've gotten over this. And, we don't want to have this rally too late in the summer. I know from experience that D.C. is sweltering hot during the summer months. I helped put on a march in the middle of last June there and the weather was perfect. Flag day, which is June 14th was given consideration as a first choice.

We also discussed a theme and came up with 'Restore the Constitution for Freedom, peace, and prosperity.' We talked about who to invite and how we wanted to keep this march very positive. Ron Paul is the guest speaker and he will never go for a hostile protest. We will most likely be inviting the 43 other congressmen who co-sponsored HCR40 which is a bill to stop the North American Union, NAFTA, and the NAFTA superhighway.

We talked about the positions that need to be filled for this event -

webmaster
artist
programmer

State Coordinators
Video production crew (for documentary of the event, etc.)
Public Relations
Attorneys for legal advice
Event organizer
National travel coordinator
March logistics officer
Accountant
Advisory Board

This is a very fluid situation and is developing and changing by the minute. Soon these positions will be added to the site for people to volunteer for. You will note that there are phases of planning on the site.

There is a lot involved in planning an event like this, we will be required to have a certain amount of porta potties, we'll need a stage and sound equipment, lighting. We have to coordinate with the park police on a march route and an ending location. We have to promote this and coordinate speakers and entertainers.

Keep your ideas coming, PM me any time, and please, spread the word, and sign up to help and to march.

Remember, like the Good Doctor says, this is not about one man, this is about a message. It is up to us to get this message out and to restore the republic. We have found each other and there are more of us freedom lovers than there are of the elitists who are running our lives and this nation into the ground. It's time we took our lives back. It's time we took our country back.

Let's do this.

scar
02-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Right on Deborah. Is there anyway you could bring up adding a forum to the official website tomorrow morning so we can have direct discussion's there? I'm sure it would get popular quick.

I've been taking to Oyate about possibly desiging the website, although I don't know much about programming so obviously I would need to work closely with the webmaster.

Either way, keep us updated!

<3

leadoverdose
02-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Well I know of a possible contact for the video portion of this. http://www.haydenfilms.com/about.html

He is a friend of mine and I would be willing to put my feelers out and see if he knows of anyone that would be interested in taking on the task of filming the event.

I will email him now and let you know if there is any interest!

scar
02-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Well I know of a possible contact for the video portion of this. http://www.haydenfilms.com/about.html

He is a friend of mine and I would be willing to put my feelers out and see if he knows of anyone that would be interested in taking on the task of filming the event.

Nice!

See guys, that's what im talking about. Each one of us has SOMETHING to offer, let's pool in all our efforts to make this one of the biggest events in history....

Deborah K
02-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Right on Deborah. Is there anyway you could bring up adding a forum to the official website tomorrow morning so we can have direct discussion's there? I'm sure it would get popular quick.

I've been taking to Oyate about possibly desiging the website, although I don't know much about programming so obviously I would need to work closely with the webmaster.

<3

It's a great idea and I'll mention it tomorrow, Scar.

Deborah K
02-10-2008, 07:49 PM

Thank you. Let me know ASAP okay? We need to get these positions filled immediately. So that we can launch this.

scar
02-10-2008, 08:42 PM
bump.

gnight

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 08:01 AM
bump

roshi
02-11-2008, 08:23 AM
What do you need programmed? PM me, I have some time since canvassing is all done..

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-11-2008, 08:33 AM
July 4th for sure!!!! I'm down from Michigan and I'll be bringing a few as well. This would be monumental!

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-11-2008, 08:34 AM

<3

<= webguy here too and willing to help pm me

princessredtights
02-11-2008, 08:40 AM
I like the idea of marching on Washington.

As far as the "props" of the scrub brushes ... let me just say that during the large "Stop the War" rally in Portland last year, quiet a few people had brushes, plungers, brooms etc with signs attached "flush out the Corruption", "Clean up the Dirt" etc

MrAustin
02-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I still think the message should be BRINGING BACK THE CONSTITUTION. We need to stay positive and not have a conspiracy theory twist, especially from 9/11 truthers. Attaching Ron Paul to that conspiracy is, IMO, the worst thing any Ron Paul supporter could do. If you want to bring up the conspiracy, don't bring Ron Paul into it. It is flat out irresponsible and it drastically hurts his chances.

We should focus the march around what guides Ron Paul and what makes his message so strong, the Contitution...

"Ron Paul Constituion March"
"Ron Paul Revolution, BRING BACK THE CONSTITUTION"
"Bringing the Constitution Back to Washington"

I agree 100%. I like the Constitution theme for the reasons stated.

WE NEED A SUB-FORUM PLEASE!:D

harley95
02-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Excellant ..Iwas hoping for something like this. There are over 80,000 RP meetup groups ...why not post this to every meetup group ....?

scar
02-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Excellant ..Iwas hoping for something like this. There are over 80,000 RP meetup groups ...why not post this to every meetup group ....?

bump

subforum yet?

<3

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 01:46 PM
bump

subforum yet?

<3

I've tried getting them to sticky this as well.....

Had another conference call this morning. We are working out the permit details as well as the logistics for the actual march; security, route, etc.

We are shooting for Flag Day June 14th but will have to put down 2 more dates as well. So what I am going to do, is forward all of your date suggestions from this thread, and the event organizers - Ray and Bryan - will choose the dates from amongst your suggestions.

They are also receptive to adding a forum to the March web site but will need volunteers to administer and moderate it. Anyone interested in helping us with this march please look at the list I provided earlier and email : promoter@revolutionmarch.com

Please try to stay within the confines of the volunteer list. Ray and Bryan are getting inundated with suggestions, which is fine, but right now we need to build a planning committee and would love to put one together from the fine group of people on this forum. So please, only email to this address if you plan to volunteer. Save the suggestions for this thread or for the new forum.
Thanks.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
bump bump

jonhowe
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Sadly, if it's June 14th I wont be able to attend, but I will sign on as a promoter. I have great access to two college campuses here, and of course, NYC.

scar
02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
I've tried getting them to sticky this as well.....

Had another conference call this morning. We are working out the permit details as well as the logistics for the actual march; security, route, etc.

We are shooting for Flag Day June 14th but will have to put down 2 more dates as well. So what I am going to do, is forward all of your date suggestions from this thread, and the event organizers - Ray and Bryan - will choose the dates from amongst your suggestions.

They are also receptive to adding a forum to the March web site but will need volunteers to administer and moderate it. Anyone interested in helping us with this march please look at the list I provided earlier and email : promoter@revolutionmarch.com

Please try to stay within the confines of the volunteer list. Ray and Bryan are getting inundated with suggestions, which is fine, but right now we need to build a planning committee and would love to put one together from the fine group of people on this forum. So please, only email to this address if you plan to volunteer. Save the suggestions for this thread or for the new forum.
Thanks.

Awesome. Once again, thank you for you updates, I'll email them about possibly becoming a mod on the new forum.

maeqFREEDOMfree - If you know how to construct forums, I suggest you email them about it(= let's get this thing up and running!

<3

thehighwaymanq
02-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Bump!

kathy88
02-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I'll organize a bus from Northern PA if I can get a date soon enough.... I thought we wanted to work it around college breaks?

scar
02-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I'll organize a bus from Northern PA if I can get a date soon enough.... I thought we wanted to work it around college breaks?

It would be a good idea but it doesn't give us enough time to promote it and organize it. I'm hearing a June date and a possible July date...

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
bump for Freedom baby!!

wirenut
02-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Now that would be so cool. We have to get something like this together and make this happen. More people the better.

Blythexo
02-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Great Idea!

I like 8-8-08!

the_bee
02-11-2008, 08:00 PM
i dont care what day it is I will be there:D

philipsantamaria
02-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Summertime? I'll be there.

mikeycapz
02-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Ill be there! coming from Florida

4RP08inKCMO
02-11-2008, 08:33 PM
I'll be there if it's this summer. But, a few people on this forum have been saying that we should plan it at least a year in advance if we want a major turnout. I can see benefits either way. Having it next year would give us a lot of time to spread the word and possibly have a larger turnout. The only problem is that I'm afraid some people might become apathetic about showing up if it's next year. I personally have no idea, but how many people do you all estimate would show up this summer?

scar
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I'll be there if it's this summer. But, a few people on this forum have been saying that we should plan it at least a year in advance if we want a major turnout. I can see benefits either way. Having it next year would give us a lot of time to spread the word and possibly have a larger turnout. The only problem is that I'm afraid some people might become apathetic about showing up if it's next year. I personally have no idea, but how many people do you all estimate would show up this summer?

Not sure, depends on how hard we promote it and if people care enough about it to go.

I'm thinking at least 20,000

kathy88
02-11-2008, 09:37 PM
Oh hell, June or July? I can get a whole lot more down there by then. When do you think a definate date will be set?

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Make sure you sign up at the website folks. It will put you in the loop and you'll get all of the latest info. For example, there will be another conference call on Wednesday at 9:30 pm eastern time.

www.revolutionmarch.com

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh hell, June or July? I can get a whole lot more down there by then. When do you think a definate date will be set?

Kathy we are working on getting the permit right now. We should have an answer soon. In the meantime we need 100 hard-core promoters for this, meaning we need people who will commit to a few hours a day hitting the blogasphere, meetups, precinct captains, their personal contacts, etc. Repetition is the key. Most people need to see the info over and over again before it seems credible to them.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-11-2008, 09:53 PM

When I lived there it was not cold in early November.

Last year's temp:
Mean Temperature 47 °F / 8 °C 48 °F / 8 °C
Max Temperature 62 °F / 16 °C 60 °F / 15 °C
Min Temperature 32 °F / 0 °C 36 °F / 2 °C
Degree Days:

Airborn
02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Youtube Revolution March!(-edit-Great Video, but the date has not been set, The creator of this video is claiming July 4th, no date has been resolved yet.)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dBhFpWsM83o

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM
edit

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Youtube Revolution March!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dBhFpWsM83o

WE DON'T HAVE A DATE YET!!! WE DON'T HAVE A PERMIT FOR JULY 4TH! I love the clip but the person who put this together is being presumptuous. Do you know the person who did this clip?

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I found this off topic, but really inspiring, historical note while searching for historic days in June/July (where are the law makers like this?):

June 10, 1964
Civil Rights Filibuster Ended

Hubert Humphrey (D-MN)
At 9:51 on the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert C. Byrd completed an address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier. The subject was the pending Civil Rights Act of 1964, a measure that occupied the Senate for 57 working days, including six Saturdays. A day earlier, Democratic Whip Hubert Humphrey, the bill's manager, concluded he had the 67 votes required at that time to end the debate.
The Civil Rights Act provided protection of voting rights; banned discrimination in public facilities—including private businesses offering public services—such as lunch counters, hotels, and theaters; and established equal employment opportunity as the law of the land.
As Senator Byrd took his seat, House members, former senators, and others—150 of them—vied for limited standing space at the back of the chamber. With all gallery seats taken, hundreds waited outside in hopelessly extended lines.
Georgia Democrat Richard Russell offered the final arguments in opposition. Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who had enlisted the Republican votes that made cloture a realistic option, spoke for the proponents with his customary eloquence. Noting that the day marked the 100th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's nomination to a second term, the Illinois Republican proclaimed, in the words of Victor Hugo, "Stronger than all the armies is an idea whose time has come." He continued, "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It is here!"
Never in history had the Senate been able to muster enough votes to cut off a filibuster on a civil rights bill. And only once in the 37 years since 1927 had it agreed to cloture for any measure.
The clerk proceeded to call the roll. When he reached "Mr. Engle," there was no response. A brain tumor had robbed California's mortally ill Clair Engle of his ability to speak. Slowly lifting a crippled arm, he pointed to his eye, thereby signaling his affirmative vote. Few of those who witnessed this heroic gesture ever forgot it. When Delaware's John Williams provided the decisive 67th vote, Majority Leader Mike Mansfield exclaimed, "That's it!"; Richard Russell slumped; and Hubert Humphrey beamed. With six wavering senators providing a four-vote victory margin, the final tally stood at 71 to 29. Nine days later the Senate approved the act itself—producing one of the 20th century's towering legislative achievements.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-11-2008, 10:11 PM
PS. re July 4th. I was there for the Fourth of July celebration in 2003 and it was packed! Huge lines at the metro, tight security, etc. This, in my opinion, is not a good day for the march.

Airborn
02-11-2008, 10:12 PM
WE DON'T HAVE A DATE YET!!! WE DON'T HAVE A PERMIT FOR JULY 4TH! I love the clip but the person who put this together is being presumptuous. Do you know the person who did this clip?

No I came across it on youtube. He/She should have left the date out till we came up with one...

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
No I came across it on youtube.

I just emailed the guy and asked him to remove the date. Farmgirl, we are shooting for Flag day, June 14th.

Cholo
02-11-2008, 10:15 PM
July 4th would be so good though. Would definitely give the right effect.

FindLiberty
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Be sure to apply for a protest/march permit.....

/sarcasm off

Deborah K
02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
July 4th would be so good though. Would definitely give the right effect.

I agree that July 4th is fitting, and it is a date being considered. But there are a lot of factors that need also to be considered, it is hot in July in D.C. it is during the middle of the week which makes it difficult for working people who are flying in. Plus, we are considering inviting the congressmen and women who co-sponsored HCR40 - there are 44 of them. HCR40 is a resolution to stop the NAU. Anyway, it is likely that Congress won't be in session then so it will be next to impossible to get any of them to speak at the event, they'll be home with their families. Without them, it will be difficult to garner any media attention, I don't care HOW many people show up. We already know the media hates us.

I Am Weasel
02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
This needs to start making headlines if we are to have any serious effect on the media

tamor
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Many people will already be there on the Th of July - it may dilute our impact and our message may not be clearly interpreted -- another date it will be only us

tamor
02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
not 4th of July

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I just emailed the guy and asked him to remove the date. Farmgirl, we are shooting for Flag day, June 14th.

Where's the info on the bill you mentioned?

scar
02-11-2008, 11:49 PM
bump

faisal
02-11-2008, 11:51 PM

DirtMcGirt
02-11-2008, 11:54 PM
may 1???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_Day

faisal
02-11-2008, 11:55 PM

DirtMcGirt
02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_Day

Energy
02-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Not July 4. The usual festivities will dilute the march.

Ideally after school is out, June or July.

RSLudlum
02-11-2008, 11:59 PM

No

May Day, also refers to various socialist and labor movement celebrations conducted on May 1, to commemorate the Haymarket martyrs of 1886 and the international socialist social movement generally.

FortWorth38
02-12-2008, 12:00 AM
8-8-8

FortWorth38
02-12-2008, 12:00 AM
has better karma

DirtMcGirt
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
may 1st is loyalty day...

Crickett
Ron said it must be sooner than 6 months. BEFORE the convention to get media showings. We need to do this NOT on a holiday. Some time between now and june

Elle
June 15th....Father's Day. Bring your dad with you.:)

billyjoeallen
D.C. or bust!

Crickett
02-12-2008, 12:03 AM
November is WAAAY too late.

TRosen75
02-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Early June sounds ideal. Gives us plenty of planning time, and also is early summer for many college students (which will definitely help turn out).

Crickett
02-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Great Idea!

I like 8-8-08!

I do too. It is a special date, yet not a holiday. I guess there already are planners or something? Not much input from us, it seems..

Nyte
02-12-2008, 12:09 AM
This has to happen on Tax Day... April 15th. This is protest people... and one of our slogans is "End the Fed."

There is no better day for this march, and it's well within Dr Paul's request this happen in the next 3-4 months.

perrin_for_paul
02-12-2008, 12:10 AM
In June, we've got Flag Day, Father's Day, and the First Day of Summer. That's all I could find.

I vote for the First Day of Summer...to symbolize "the new season of politics" or something like that.

My two cents.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 12:11 AM
In June, we've got Flag Day, Father's Day, and the First Day of Summer. That's all I could find.

I vote for the First Day of Summer...to symbolize "the new season of politics" or something like that.

My two cents.

Someone in another thread also found

4RP08inKCMO
02-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Anytime May through August. Let's pick a date. I'm so pumped!

scar
02-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Once they add the forum on the official website we can rest assure more of the ideas will be heard. Right now I think it's mostly people like Deborah who is actually participating in the conference calls, telling the planners our ideas from this thread. If you guys want to participate in the next call, the information is here...

Wednesday at 9:30 pm eastern time.

www.revolutionmarch.com

aymn27
02-12-2008, 12:14 AM
I totally agree Austin.

What do yo guys think? Is it imperative that we have this thing no earlier than May? In my opinion May or later gives us the time we need to make it spectacular.

-- Dates so far --

whats yours?Memorial Day - May 26th!!!!!!!!!

JeffersonThomas
02-12-2008, 12:15 AM
may or june works best for me. I'm a college student & I think that would be the best time for others like me. I'm super pumped!

FortWorth38
02-12-2008, 12:16 AM
August 8, 1974 - President Nixon Resigns

8-8-8

We have to plan for expenses too

RSLudlum
02-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Why are we so hung up on a holiday??? Let's make this a mark in history where other's will see it as a holiday!!!!

slamhead
02-12-2008, 12:17 AM
First shot heard around the world...April 19, 1775. Old North bridge in Concord. Dr. Paul said in three months and that would be perfect as was the start of our American Revolution.

madcat033
02-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I'd say early july, but not july 4th. We may get lower numbers if it's a holiday, as people will be reluctant to fuck up their holiday plans.

We should have fundraisers to pay for transportation, like buses, trains, et cetera to make sure EVERYONE gets there.

faisal
02-12-2008, 12:22 AM

scar
02-12-2008, 12:23 AM
REVOLUTION!!!

wackybrak
02-12-2008, 12:25 AM
I think it HAS to be when college kids can make the journey. So I'm saying at earliest June 14/15th for flag day. April 15 would be good except most college kids would prefer a date where they wouldn't have class..

snpage
02-12-2008, 12:29 AM
There needs to be another poll. What ever date is picked, it has to be majority rules (75%+). There are too many of us to try to work around everyones schedule.

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Thread: Events on... (discuss date choice for March/Rally in Washington D.C.): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1246672

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 12:42 AM
bump

scar
02-12-2008, 12:46 AM
I have a feeling this is going to be such a monumental event, don't you?!

Each person that's going to be attending, I challenge you ALL to promote this online and around your city. Print fliers, make blogs, ect ect do what you must, GET THE WORD OUT!! Imagine if we had thousands of promoters for this...

thexjib
02-12-2008, 12:51 AM
do it in summer.... it can be very cold and wet in DC in march

Itzsoez
02-12-2008, 12:51 AM
April 19, 1775 Revolution begins-Lexington Common, shot "heard round the world"

2 months away and on a saturday

hillertexas
02-12-2008, 12:53 AM
How to organize a demonstration in Washington DC
I merged a couple of step-by-step guides I found but we should add/alter as needed. I created a new thread (with additional info) for each step. Hopefully this will start us on the right track to becoming organized.
__________________________________________________ _
Introduction

The First Amendment of the Bill of Rights guarantees "...the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." This includes demonstrating in Washington D.C. So you have decided to redress a particular grievance in a demonstration in D.C., now what do you do? Read on to learn how to organize a demonstration in Washington. There is this huge misconception that only large national organizations are able to conduct a march or protest in the District of Colombia, but in reality, anyone can. The problem is that many people do not know where to start. The information is not available through the Washington, D.C. website. Follow the guidelines below, however, and you can conduct a protest or march in Washington with ease.

Steps

Start planning at least three months ahead of your anticipated march. Permits are approved within 48 hours but you can submit them up to a year or more in advance. The earlier you start, the better.

Step One - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118812 - Type of demonstration

Step Two - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118818 - An idea whose time has come

Step Three - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118826 - Find Allies

Step Four - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118828 - date, agenda, and assignment of tasks *Ron Paul will decide date

Step Five - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118831 - Specific Location and Route

Step Six - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118835 - PERMIT

Step Seven - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118840 - Publicity and Port-a-Potties

Step Eight - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118843 - Materials and Activities

Step Nine - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118848 - Prepare for the day of demonstration

Tips & Warnings

Be friendly and polite to the National Parks Agent, she is your key to permit approval.
Call the National Parks Permit Office at (202) 619-7225 for help in filling out the application.
All applications must be mailed or walked in to the National Parks Permit Office.

Hamburglar
02-12-2008, 12:54 AM
I like "shot heard round the world" day.

Airborn
02-12-2008, 12:56 AM
also remember if you are attending bring your friends and their momma :) get everyone of your friends to also find at least one other person to bring. This is how we get it massive.

Knightskye
02-12-2008, 12:58 AM

Uhh, maybe not. Ron said three months. That's about five. It's still "before the convention". Maybe we should ask the campaign.

robandsally
02-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Lets show our feeligns about the Federal Reserve Bank while we're there.

doomer
02-12-2008, 01:00 AM
June 28th...

the weekend before july 4th weekend. Its a Saturday.... its 6 days before the 4th.. its 4 months and 2 weeks away. Everyone is out of school. (by a few weeks). Its summer. (people can camp) . It after most of the primary stuff (wont interfere with captains work). I think people will generally be able to manage making this date.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Lets show our feeligns about the Federal Reserve Bank while we're there.

They arrest people who pee on the sides of buildings usually :p

aymn27
02-12-2008, 01:08 AM
June 28th...

the weekend before july 4th weekend. Its a Saturday.... its 6 days before the 4th.. its 4 months and 2 weeks away. Everyone is out of school. (by a few weeks). Its summer. (people can camp) . It after most of the primary stuff (wont interfere with captains work). I think people will generally be able to manage making this date.
June 19th = Juneteenth = the "end" of slavery.....

ronpaulhawaii
02-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Why are we so hung up on a holiday??? Let's make this a mark in history where other's will see it as a holiday!!!!

+1

hannon44
02-12-2008, 01:13 AM
http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

mikeycapz
02-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Is there a set day yet? July 7th sounds like a good day for the march.

burningfur
02-12-2008, 01:21 AM
The earlier the better our coverage would be for the primaries/caucuses.

Remember, we still need those 5 states.

I can't wait to see the rEVOLution march!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Akus
02-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Why isn't this thread a stickie?

american empire
02-12-2008, 01:26 AM
does anyone know what the objective is going to be...once we march there do we camp out?....do we stay for a day seee the buildings and come back?....there needs to be a purpose to this...if there is please im desperate for some info....

i think we should all gather in washington and have one representative from each state running for senate or congress with the ideals of Ron to give a speech and announce his candidacy....that way these guys would get publicity and we could go through the day with a purpose of gathering and listening to these future leaders.....

make any sense?

biles1234
02-12-2008, 01:28 AM
holy shit this is so fucking exciting. this seriously has the possibility to be huge. this needs to be our biggest promotion yet!!! bigger than nov. 5. bigger than the tea party. this has to be our defining moment and legacy. a march of 100,000+ on washington!! we need to pour all of blood and sweat into this. this will be epic. in the history books!! gaaaawd!

leadoverdose
02-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Again, if we are all committed then this needed to be done yesterday. It doesn't need to be on a holiday. Good luck finding travel or rooming cheap on a holiday. Good luck finding space on a holiday. Good luck finding camping on a holiday.

The date that was originally proposed by the ORIGINAL creators/idea makers of this march need to stick with the date they chose and everyone needs to work around this date. Do you call the NFL to change the superbowl date to fit your preferences?!?!? No! You fit your schedule to the event.

Please let the organizers pick the place and the date and begin thinking outside of the box with your personal lives to be able to attend. If you are not willing to do that then you are submitting you are willing to be tread all over by the government in power. If the organizers leave this up to people's individual schedules, a date will never be set!

People being "comfortable" is what got the American People where we are right now. We are not democrats are we?? Everything does not need to be "fair" and "easy" for everyone does it? This kind of thinking is why our country is where it is right now. I thought Ron Paulians were a cut above this kind of thinking! :) The organizers need to make a decision, stick to it, and move forward. That's it. Bottom line. Or we could just continue to argue on a date while opportunities continue to pass with each day..........totally up to you guys.

BigRedBrent
02-12-2008, 05:28 AM
Constitution Revolution or 6/7/8
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118956

dawnbt
02-12-2008, 09:01 AM
bump for Ron!

qwerty
02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
BUMP!

:cool:

dawnbt
02-12-2008, 09:08 AM
I say we just post a poll with the dates provided in these threads and get this going.

qwerty
02-12-2008, 09:09 AM
We need to lock the date as soon as possible!

NOW!

:cool:

Chester Copperpot
02-12-2008, 09:14 AM
I say we just post a poll with the dates provided in these threads and get this going.

yes.. I would recommend a saturday for people.

PC_for_Paul
02-12-2008, 09:25 AM
We will need to find the best air fare rates and transportation from the airport, June 7th is a good date, on a saturday.

Do we have people in the VA or DC area who can help arrange any of this. I check Airtran, I'll be flying out of Atlanta, 156.00 ea way. 312 round trip.

We will also need some a time, if we could get folks in and out on the same day we would save some money.

PC_for_Paul
02-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Does anyone know a travel agent? anyway we could get a discount for air fare or hotel?

freedom_junkie
02-12-2008, 09:28 AM
yes a poll would be egzellent. Spring break, tax day, flag day etc. I think we'll wind up w/ spring break on a saturday though, just a premonition.

Deborah K
02-12-2008, 09:30 AM
I've already sent the suggested dates to the event oganizers. Understand that we cannot put a monumental event like this together in a matter of just a few weeks. I know because I helped organize a rally in D.C. last summer.

June 14th is on a Saturday which makes it easier for working people as well as people flying in from around the country. It is at the beginning of summer which makes the weather more tolerable. D.C. is miserably hot in the summer months.

The Permit division requires 3 dates. June 14th is the preferred date for the reasons given. Two more dates will most likely be considered from the dates suggested on this thread. The organizers are very receptive to suggestions, and decisions will be made based on concensus, pragmatism, and just plain common sense.

Everyone is welcomed to be a part of getting this off the ground. We need 100 hard-core promoters for this. I challenge you to put your time and effort where your mouth is.