PDA

View Full Version : Educating Rush and his audience - the challenge

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Ok all, hear me out. I was in my car on lunch (today, 2/8) listening to Rush whine about there not being a conservative left in the Presidential race. So, he told people - "Start paying attention to who your state assemblymen are, because they're the farm team for the future of the Republican party - you should bone up on who they are and vote for only conservatives..."

Here's what I intend to do, and I know many of you will take the Frank Luntz approach toward Rush, and that's fine - but I (and possibly some of you) used to listen to Rush - YET HERE I AM FIRMLY IN THE RP CAMP, along with many members of my family as well.

I want to write Rush an email, and as my header say "Rush, what exactly IS a conservative?"

And I'll put a bunch of characteristics in there and at the end say "Is THIS a conservative?" And a little further down I'll put who I think fits the bill - and in the spirit of letting Rush "teach" say "If Ron isn't conservative, Rush, please tell me why not?"

Why "waste" time on Rush? He has a HUGE audience. HUGE. DId I mention HUGE? And many untapped people who voted for Bush and are now disillusioned. They are worth the effort. If they have been brainwashed, it's time to "un-brainwash" them.

Even if Rush doesn't read MY email specifically, maybe if we ALL emailed him with the same tagline "What is a TRUE conservative?" or something similar maybe he would read ONE of them and reply on air or via email.

Anyone want to email him with me? I'm doing it regardless, but in case anyone feels motivated - several thousand emails in his box from "non-kook" people might spur some conversation. Who knows? Maybe he'll say RP's name on the air.

Thanks -

Glenn

Rush's email
elrushbo@eibnet.com

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
This is what I just wrote..

Subject: Rush, please, what IS a conservative?

Hi Rush -

Was listening to your show this afternoon on my lunch break in the car, like I have for quite some time now.. You were discussing the fact that there were no conservatives left in the Presidential race, and that we need to pay closer attention to our assemblyman races in our respective states. That those people are essentially the "farm team" for the future of the Republican party. You said we should elect those with conservative values.

Would you be willing to define exactly what those values are? If I was going to run for office and had this as my platform, would it be "conservative?" If not, why not?

Cut taxes and wasteful spending

Secure our borders, enforce the immigration laws, no amnesty or welfare for illegals

Protection of privacy and personal rights of individuals

Protect property rights

Protect funds set aside for Social Security and not plunder them

Encourage competition in healthcare and cut the bureaucracy therein

Get the govt out of centralized planning for schools

Free markets in energy and no more subsidies for things like ethanol

Lower regulations on business

A strong national defense - the best offense is a strong defense (like my NY Giants!)

Shore up our economy and try to strengthen our dollar - try to return to a more sound currency, like Reagan tried to do

The right to life is paramount

2nd amendment rights are not to be messed with

Foreign policy - something like speak softly, but carry a big stick? More or less fire if fired upon, but not "nuke people just in case"

When in doubt, consult with the law - the Constitution

I just wonder Rush, if you agree with this platform and would you give it a thumbs up? I could have put more in there but didn't want to make the email too terribly long. Would you say it's conservative, liberal, or other? Would you agree with 100% of it? 90% of it? 80% of it?

Now where did I take this platform from - for the most part, I paraphrased it from a website. The only problem is, for whatever reason, people don't know about this website. You haven't talked about it - and if you agree with the content therein, why not? Would you want to see the website it came from?

I took the information from http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

If you agree with the above principles, and yet say that there isn't a conservative left in the race, sorry Rush, but you are doing your listeners (of which I am one) a disservice. If for some reason you don't like something about the above, please tell me why... I would love to know what makes it "not conservative", because to me, it sounds rather Goldwater/Reagan-ish and I would THINK that's about as conservative as you can get, agreed? If not, why not?

Thanks for listening -

Glenn

Brick, NJ

roXet
02-08-2008, 02:15 PM
nicely done. cheers!

itshappening
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Rush is a cretin don't waste your time....

Psycho792
02-08-2008, 02:20 PM
doesn't take much time to e-mail a prewritten text does it. it's funny that all the things he is preaching right now sounds like hes already on the RP team.

Bruno
02-08-2008, 02:21 PM

Agreed, but it is worth a shot. Many of his HUGE audience hang on his every word.

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 02:22 PM

HE could be FATHER OF CRETIN, CRETIN'S GRANDFATHER'S CRETIN EXCREMENT - but a LOT OF PEOPLE are listening.

I want to somehow educate that audience. All he has to do is either rip my email apart (and how, exactly?) or mention Ron in a "Well, I really can't disagree with much of that" way and people out there like you and I might be waiting in the wings for RP's message.

Cleaner44
02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Hope you get a reply.

itshappening
02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
HE could be FATHER OF CRETIN, CRETIN'S GRANDFATHER'S CRETIN EXCREMENT - but a LOT OF PEOPLE are listening.

I want to somehow educate that audience. All he has to do is either rip my email apart (and how, exactly?) or mention Ron in a "Well, I really can't disagree with much of that" way and people out there like you and I might be waiting in the wings for RP's message.

everything that comes out of his mouth is carefully controlled, he is an establishment shill and totally fake, his MO has been to get Bush elected, to get the government expanded and his next MO is to get Hillary elected. just watch

Psycho792
02-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I think it may work out if the letter is written on behalf of this community. Try to speak on behalf of the members of this forum who are listening right now, instead of starting it with "Was listening to your show this afternoon on my lunch break in the car,"

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
everything that comes out of his mouth is carefully controlled, he is an establishment shill and totally fake, his MO has been to get Bush elected, to get the government expanded and his next MO is to get Hillary elected. just watch

OK, here it is, guys and gals, ready??

ARE YOU READY?

Even if we know the above is true. IF IT IS/WAS, whatever..

I'm here having a Luke Skywalker moment, ok?

"I know there is good in you..."

:)

ConstitutionGal
02-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I like your idea and your style!!! GOOD JOB!!

IF we could get just ONE of the MAJOR warmongering neocons like Limbaugh, Hannity or Beck on board, it would make a HUGE difference in how this election turns out simply because all three have a very LOYAL long-time listener base that believes everything they say. Nothing is hopeless and, if we don't give up,on Dr. Paul, he won't give up on us.

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 02:27 PM
I think it may work out if the letter is written on behalf of this community. Try to speak on behalf of the members of this forum who are listening right now, instead of starting it with "Was listening to your show this afternoon on my lunch break in the car,"

Wanted it to be personal - because I actually WAS listening to his show, the Zicam commercials, etc..

And I have, for a while now. I didn't want to speak on behalf of a community that some would say "F U Frank" to him, and some would say he's a this or that - I just made it personal. The more people that reach out to that inner part of him - you know - the one that RP stood up for way back when - maybe the goodness will come out.

:)

(here's hoping)

Psycho792
02-08-2008, 02:30 PM
oh, well good luck. i just figured the possiblity that he reads one of your e-mails instead of one of many of ours is greater. I would write to him, but I don't want to sound ignorant, I havn't been a long time listener, nor have i been a long time follower of politics.

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Ok, after listening to Mark Levin today and hearing him disagree with this wacky lady at the Wall Street Journal who said the Republicans were stupid for nominating Barry Goldwater - and he called her a "one-issue pseudo conservative" or something to that effect.. I sent him this.

Hey Mark -

I heard the cuts with Ms. Rabinowitz and have to agree. Yeah, the lady is a gasbag. But here's where I want to ask you something. She tried to rip on Goldwater because the Republican party nominated a "loser" - someone who wasn't "electable" - and to me it sounded like you disagreed with her. Is it all about the principles of conservatism? The ideas are more important than the man, you say? But how about this. Is someone a "one-issue pseudo-conservative" if they let one issue define them, as she harped so hard on tax-cuts?

Honestly, I just wonder what "conservative" issue trumps all others... Is there one? Because if there was a conservative, such as Barry Goldwater running today, would you vote for him even if he were not "electable"? Why don't you call Barry's son, Barry Jr., and ask him if there are any conservatives running today that his Dad would be proud to vote for?

Thanks Mark -

Glenn in Brick, NJ

PS - If you would rather not call Barry - why not watch him and see who he likes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r27Az_Mns

lucynuts
02-08-2008, 06:50 PM
I say if it only takes a few minutes out of your day and it's free might as well keep hitting these guys up with the mail. Andy Dufrain (Shawshank Redemption) style, I love it.

thehittgirl
02-08-2008, 06:53 PM
oh, well good luck. i just figured the possiblity that he reads one of your e-mails instead of one of many of ours is greater. I would write to him, but I don't want to sound ignorant, I havn't been a long time listener, nor have i been a long time follower of politics.

You'll pick up a lot from hanging here. Lot of wise people :)

DAFTEK
02-08-2008, 06:55 PM
How is it HUGE audience if i cant even listen to him on XM? Also great email, let us know his response.

specsaregood
02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
I'd keep the words "ron paul" out of the email. they probably have them blocked.

come up with some other witty thing. In my emails to rush i referred to him as"The presidential candidate that dare not be named."

josh24601
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
You forgot the fact that Ron Paul wants to surrender to terrorists.

That is why Rush is a waste of time.

dannno
02-08-2008, 07:52 PM
e-mail sent.

atthegates
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
great letter

gerryb
02-08-2008, 09:39 PM
I sent your letter as well..

Carole
02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Well done. Go for it. :)

If Rush were a real conservative however, we would not have to tell him about Ro Paul.

He must be a fake to be working so hard to push the neocon agenda. His show would not exist were it not for dissecting the minutiae of tiny infinitesimal differences among the Republicans and Democrats. :)

cheese
02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
I emailed Rush this graphic:

and asked: "which one is the conservative?"

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates/files/2008/01/2008pres_total.jpg

Phenom24
02-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks all for the encouragement and advice - my wife is here saying I need to send it to my relatives and "lesser of two evil" types. :)

I just wrote my RP Speech for the speech-writing contest thread - and am kind of excited about it now!!