PDA

View Full Version : Our Next Massive Event!

Meekus
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4xW35x0f9U

If I understand this right, McCain does not, and will not, have enough delegates to win the nomination. A brokered convention is almost inevitable if Ron Paul stays in. We need to only outlast Huckabee. Money will determine who outlasts who in this race. I believe Huck is starting to go broke. Ron Paul on the other hand is still doing pretty good with donations.

We need another massive money bomb. First, to finance the good Doctor's race until the convention. We must keep him afloat until then. And second, for the publicity. The publicity he would get at this time would send an incredible message. It would say "Here is a man that the media has blacked out. We all thought he was out of the race. Yet, this man is STILL getting donation from ordinary middle class people who care. He has outlasted everyone accept McCain (and Huck?) What exactly is it about Ron Paul that has made him last so long, and caused so many to support him?" And third, to outlast Huck. If it was a choice between McCain and Paul - that would be powerful.

We will need enough time to fully publicize this money bomb. Perhaps a month down the road? It must be something big. We must do it by also getting NEW people to donate. There must be some marketing savvy people here who can advise the best way to go about this. Get a website, get a banner for all bloggers and web admins to put on their sites. Make it viral. And, this is the important part, we must all make this THE money bomb. All of us supporters must do our best to support this one money bomb.

Step 1) Decide on Date and Theme of Money Bomb. Again, giving us ample time to market it.

Step 2) Market it. This is where it can be skies the limit. We can have people market it any way they can think of. Calling up local radio stations (perhaps coordinated through local meetups?), webifying the crap out of it, somehow getting some air time on TV, perhaps even getting a celebrity endorsement. What about all these libertarian celebs?

A suggestion for a date and theme could be that we combine this with the Revolution March. (http://www.revolutionmarch.com/)

We could do it the day OF the Revolution March, the day AFTER, or the day BEFORE. My only worry with the day OF is - if they are marching, how will they donate? Or make it a 48 hour type event? One day march, next day donate? Again, this needs to be huge. This may be our last chance at organizing something for Ron Paul. Another benefit to combining this with the Revolution March is that actual marchers can get "sponsors".

One last thing, it must be focused. ALL supporters must focus in on this one event. The more I write and brainstorm on this, the more I think combining it with the March is a good idea. It will be one huge massive event that all of us can put our efforts towards. And give us time enough to make plans to travel there. Perhaps a place to convene somewhere? I don't know the area at all - fair grounds, a hall, a park, etc. Local vendors a possibility to set up food booths? A drawback to combining it with the Revolution March - do we need to do it sooner to keep Ron Paul afloat financially and publicity-wise?

My fear is that we simply talk about this, and it never comes to fruition. Maybe a promoter or marketing guru (or group) would want to be the coordinator(s)?

Meekus
02-08-2008, 01:39 PM
blimp